• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Marvel Mystery Comics #53

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for opinions on how this would grade as I'm still learning about how flaws in Golden Age books effect the grade and wanted to get some expert opinions, and also to give me an idea of value as I might be selling this one soon.

Flaws I see that I was curious about.  The book is missing 1 page that effects the Terry Vance story.  Also the cover is detached as seen in the photos below.  Book presents very well with nice color, but the pages are showing signs of brittleness at the top and sides.  Front cover has about 1/2 chunk missing from cover to the right of the Torch.  General wear/lines on cover and spine.   Also has pencil initials EM in the M of Marvel at the top.

IMG_20170303_171537_705.jpg

IMG_20170303_171551_976.jpg

IMG_20170303_171558_988.jpg

IMG_20170303_171612_536.jpg

IMG_20170303_171730_560.jpg

Edited by Pinky Lee Zepplin

Due to the missing page, any brittleness, and general flaws this would get a .5 in a blue label, maybe a Qualified 2.0 with a green label. I wouldn't bother slabbing, but if you do get the green label.