• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tec 140 "Canadian" edition

29 posts in this topic

The Us version I believe has the following:

The Riddler, Robotman's Double Trouble, Dog for a day, To the moon and back, The dictator from alcatraz

The Canadian has
The Riddler, dictator from Alcatraz, and an Annie Oakley story. 

2 less stories and 1 different 

13 hours ago, Tbone911t said:

The Us version I believe has the following:

The Riddler, Robotman's Double Trouble, Dog for a day, To the moon and back, The dictator from alcatraz

The Canadian has
The Riddler, dictator from Alcatraz, and an Annie Oakley story. 

2 less stories and 1 different 

Just wish I had the Canadian counterpart to go with this:blush:

File0285.jpg

I am a foreign collector and i learned that in terms of investing , you better go with US editions . Even if the foreign edition is more scarcer than the original , the demand drives the price , the niche is growing btw so who knows what will happens in the future.  I seen some silver age Mexican keys sold for more  than the US editions on auctions but just because  there was enough demand of the book and the buyer who paid more will have a hard time reselling it...

I normally pay half of the price of the US edition and sometimes the same like a Brazilian WW2 original art cover i brought last year.

I always ask if the book is in colour , i am not a fan of B &W and if the story of the cover is inside , some Greek books for example have the cover but doesn´´t have the story. 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

I agree with Brian on Timely superhero copies being much harder to track down as I was close to owing all of them at one point. I moved on to other genres but I have only seen 2 copies of the Cap 74, maybe a half dozen each of the other super hero issues at most. I've been on these boards almost 15 years and I see many of the same copies on EBay, etc being resold but not a lot of new copies have surfaced. 

8 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

I agree with Brian on Timely superhero copies being much harder to track down as I was close to owing all of them at one point. I moved on to other genres but I have only seen 2 copies of the Cap 74, maybe a half dozen each of the other super hero issues at most. I've been on these boards almost 15 years and I see many of the same copies on EBay, etc being resold but not a lot of new copies have surfaced. 

That's the thing. Same for the stuff branded "Marvel." A few years ago I envisioned trying to collect the Blonde Phantom run. I've been able to purchase two issues, but they almost never come up for sale and when they do its the same ones that have been changing hands (yet the price never goes down). There are only six issues in the run, so I thought it would be much easier to accomplish. Same thing for my Complete Mystery run (which is only four issues). It took me years to complete and, even then, one of my issues is missing the centre wrap. I've been lucky to procure a handful of Canadian Timely superhero comics over the past few years and I treasure them. For people in the know, they're special comics. I wouldn't say that the DC superhero books are "a dime a dozen," but I have a couple dozen of them and new ones seem to come out of the woodwork more often.

What's fun about FECA more broadly is that it seems like every month a book comes out of the woodwork that people haven't seen before. This Flaming Love # 3 that's ending this morning on eBay is a prime example. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but man is it rare. The funny thing is that it will probably go cheap and who knows when another one will come up:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/311816212980?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 3/8/2017 at 10:31 PM, porcupine48 said:

I learned that with a few Batmans...Joker cover,missing the story inside :flamed:

I had a copy of the Canadian #50. Two Face cover, no corresponding story. :(