• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Box storage alternatives?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Have you ever tried stacking these?  Just wondering how much weight they might safely support.  As far as pricing goes, are these really only $1.50 each?  That's pretty good - how much is shipping?  Just wondering what the average price per box would work out to.  I'm paying around $4.00 each for my ugly long boxes now.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:46 AM, Andahaion said:

I use these.  If you buy in bulk (I believe five or more) the seller will give you a discount.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/400960861/comic-book-storage-and-display-box?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Can't stand long and short boxes.  I've run across a few websites with comic furniture that look really nice too.  I bet most here wouldn't pay for said furniture, but it looks worlds better than most alternative (ie, cheap) ideas.  

Oakman, your setup is righteous.

13 hours ago, Samoyed Sabaka said:

Have you ever tried stacking these?  Just wondering how much weight they might safely support.  As far as pricing goes, are these really only $1.50 each?  That's pretty good - how much is shipping?  Just wondering what the average price per box would work out to.  I'm paying around $4.00 each for my ugly long boxes now.

They are not $1.50.  They are made of real wood and I paid about $20/box.  They can be stacked.  I have them in stacks of three boxes. 

On March 6, 2017 at 6:27 PM, oakman29 said:

I wouldn't recommend your box at all, or any box.

Personally I use magazine holders on shelves. Keeps them from stress,and makes em very easy to organize each title.

IMG00388-20110402-2035.jpg

IMG00386-20110402-2034.jpg

Very cool for display, but what do you do in the event of a fire? :baiting: (I'm actually a glass-half-full type of guy, believe it or not.)

:troll:

55 minutes ago, TheDarkestKnight said:

Very cool for display, but what do you do in the event of a fire? :baiting: (I'm actually a glass-half-full type of guy, believe it or not.)

:troll:

Honey forget the family photos, grab as many comics as you can.lol

On 3/7/2017 at 6:46 AM, Andahaion said:

I use these.  If you buy in bulk (I believe five or more) the seller will give you a discount.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/400960861/comic-book-storage-and-display-box?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Can't stand long and short boxes.  I've run across a few websites with comic furniture that look really nice too.  I bet most here wouldn't pay for said furniture, but it looks worlds better than most alternative (ie, cheap) ideas.  

Oakman, your setup is righteous.

Thanks for the link. Reached out to the seller and they're willing to customize for a nominal fee. I love how mine turned out. :x

I requested inner dimensions of 8" x 11.75" instead of the normal 7.5" x 11" so should fit E. Gerber Silver/Gold Archives 775R just fine. :bigsmile:

PxYS11Om.jpggzc04Swm.jpgKL3pXETm.jpgO3Uq0ISm.jpg

Which boardie was it from the Age of Antiquity (10+ years ago) who had that incredible white shelf setup?  Chromium?  Is he still around?  Does anyone have pics of his setup saved?  (Ian Levine's was also pretty righteous...)

19 hours ago, aerischan said:

Thanks for the link. Reached out to the seller and they're willing to customize for a nominal fee. I love how mine turned out. :x

I requested inner dimensions of 8" x 11.75" instead of the normal 7.5" x 11" so should fit E. Gerber Silver/Gold Archives 775R just fine. :bigsmile:

PxYS11Om.jpggzc04Swm.jpgKL3pXETm.jpgO3Uq0ISm.jpg

Now that's freaking cool! Good work. Can you take some more pics of the boxes from different angles? I'd like to see how the SA books fit from the top.