• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay advice needed for shipping to U.S. address for foreign buyer

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a buyer from a country where shipping is not very reliable.  Buyer has 100% feedback and many recent transactions.  Wants me to ship to a U.S. address instead of the unreliable foreign address.  How should I proceed?  Require that this address be specified in PayPal and eBay?  My concern is a claim that the item was not received, and I'm up mess's creek because I shipped to an address other than the one on the PayPal transaction.  I've done this with more inexpensive items, but not something of this value.

Thanks!

Paul

It was once mandatory to ship only to the address associated with the paypal address. From what I was told by an ebay rep on the phone, if you have the buyers words in ebay messages showing that they are asking you to ship to an address other than what is listed in paypal, they you will be covered under buyer protection. And at the end of the day its also your call.