• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

13 posts in this topic

I'll be offering some original color blueline art from one of Jack Kirby's last great works...

DC Graphic Novel #4 (03/1984)

Otherwise known as - New Gods: Hunger Dogs.

Among the pages offered will be one of the greatest and most iconic Darkseid images Kirby ever drew....

What are color bluelines ? 

They are "posh" color guides. Blueline color art is hand-painted over a blueline of the artwork on board with a printed blackline of the artwork on an acetate overlay. Typically used for Graphic Novels where an exact representation of color is required rather than in comics where the printer is given a "color guide" representing a fixed color palette. 

Color bluelines typically sell for more than their color guide equivalents and notable sales include an average page from Dark Knight Returns #1 (page 32) for $3,100.

New Gods: Hunger Dogs 

Page #34 original color blueline art

Subject being burned & branded.

$175 $125 shipped.

HungerDogsP34_zpsl6tw0ca8.jpg

Edited by r100comics

Page #6 half splash original color blueline art

Subjects being whipped and burned.

$250 $195 shipped.

HungerDogsP6_zpsm1noyguw.jpg

Edited by r100comics

Page #41 original color blueline art

Kirby Darkseid in 1st 3 panels.

$250 $195 shipped.

HungerDogsP41Darkseid_zpskzksvode.jpg

Edited by r100comics

Pages #12 & #13 Double Splash original color blueline art

One of Kirby's greatest ever Darkseid images and an historic piece of production art.

These pages capture the essence & cruelty of Darkseid and Apokolips as well as any that Kirby ever drew.

When comic website Super Hero Stuff  celebrated Jack Kirby's birthday they used only 2 images to capture the king, the Captain America #1 cover and these Hunger Dogs pages - Super Hero Stuff

Den Of Geek used the Captain America #1 cover, these Hunger Dogs pages plus one other - Den Of Geek

Heavy Metal.com include these Hunger Dogs pages as their final, chronological entry in their all-time "20 explosive spreads by comics legend Jack Kirby" - Heavy Metal.com

Artwork measures approx 17" x 12" - click to enlarge.

$3,800 $3,500 shipped 

Hunger%20Dogs%20P12%20Darkseid%20Dbl%20S

Edited by r100comics

I've not had many views since I posted the epic double splash.

I hope people haven't thought the historic Darkseid image I refer to in the thread title was the Page #41..... :)

Edited by r100comics