• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I can understand keeping the buyers identity confidential,not the price.

I don't see why it's a big deal. I'm ok with it either way.

R.

Its really not a big deal,but it would be nice for reference sake like Macman and subliminal stated.

Maybe someone can start a searchable archive(instead having to use general site search function) of sold items....sort of like "CGCPA". hm

If it's bought and sold in an open forum, and not via PM, then I see no reason why the price shouldn't stay visible. (shrug)

Plus, it's fun to see what sold for how much, and it helps you gauge whether the prices are agreeable to your budget.

If it's bought and sold in an open forum, and not via PM, then I see no reason why the price shouldn't stay visible. (shrug)

Plus, it's fun to see what sold for how much, and it helps you gauge whether the prices are agreeable to your budget.

Agreed. By PM keep it under wraps...you don't want anyone to know what kind of shifty lowballer you are, right?

On the open forum, keep it up and visible. As Joe says it is fun to see what they sold for and find out what deal you missed out on so you can kick yourself.

Agreed. By PM keep it under wraps...you don't want anyone to know what kind of shifty lowballer you are, right?

On the open forum, keep it up and visible. As Joe says it is fun to see what they sold for and find out what deal you missed out on so you can kick yourself.

Kicking yourself. :cloud9:

Does the "Password Required Site Features" thread really need to be stickied on the markplace forums?

There are so many sticky threads, soon I'll have to go to page two to see what's for sale.

:P

In fact, I don't think it needs to be stickied anywhere except the Announcements area and maybe Comic's General (for a month).

(shrug)

Does the "Password Required Site Features" thread really need to be stickied on the markplace forums?

There are so many sticky threads, soon I'll have to go to page two to see what's for sale.

:P

In fact, I don't think it needs to be stickied anywhere except the Announcements area and maybe Comic's General (for a month).

(shrug)

Does Ricardo Montalban really need to be your avatar? There are so many latent gay avatars out there, soon I'll have to come out of the closet . . . :baiting::insane:

The only reason I can see for keeping the price secret, is some people like to buy books here, and then flip them back here and they don't WANT people looking up the price and jumping on them...and I think it's happened a few times?

On the other hand, I like seeing them...1. for the kicking myself thingy...and 2. Sometimes if I forget to put them on my data base, I can flip back and figure out what I overpaid...because I was at a sale and HAD to grab got at a wonderful, teriific bargain;)

Personally, I rarely ex out the prices on my threads, because I don't remember to, once it's over, it's over...but lots of times, if it's by PM, they did sell for a little less (never more, in case you were wondering;)

Ricardo Montalban always reminds me of Billy Crystal

Montalban always reminds me of Montalban's 5 Stages of Being an Actor:

1. Who is Ricardo Montalbán?

2. Get me Ricardo Montalbán.

3. Get me a Ricardo Montalbán type.

4. Get me a young Ricardo Montalbán.

5. Who is Ricardo Montalbán?

I suppose if you made it a rule to disclose all prices paid that might curtail some of the lowball'ing that goes on these days.

As has been shown in the past: roolz are stoopid . . . "guidelines" are where it's at! :sumo:

lol

Montalban always reminds me of Montalban's 5 Stages of Being an Actor:

1. Who is Ricardo Montalbán?

2. Get me Ricardo Montalbán.

3. Get me a Ricardo Montalbán type.

4. Get me a young Ricardo Montalbán.

5. Who is Ricardo Montalbán?

:signfunny::applause:

I suppose if you made it a rule to disclose all prices paid that might curtail some of the lowball'ing that goes on these days.

Is there some problem with lowballing? All the Seller has to say is "No." It's not that hard.

Is there some problem with lowballing? All the Seller has to say is "No." It's not that hard.

No more a problem than some of the "highballing" that goes on here on the seller's side . . . :whistle: