• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

All books have been shipped now, if anyone wants their tracking info shoot me a PM

:gossip: Might be a better idea to take the lead and send the info to the buyers in case they don't read this thread. (thumbs u

All books have been shipped now, if anyone wants their tracking info shoot me a PM

:gossip: Might be a better idea to take the lead and send the info to the buyers in case they don't read this thread. (thumbs u

I am going to send them all out tonight, I just put the option in case someone needed it sooner than later. The majority of the delivery confirmation tickets only have the name of the paypal user that sent me the payment. Most people do not put first and last names in PM's so its going to take awhile to get 20+ of them sorted.

From the looks of it, most of the buyers are reading this thread though, hence the whole issue :makepoint:

Beau, PM sent.

Nothing in that post was directed towards you, sorry if that felt implied.

I certainly do not expect anyone to have to contact me about there books, but the ones who did were kept in the loop as to what was going on.

Long story short for those who have just tuned in, is that as of friday I put in over 200 hours at work in 3 weeks without a single day off. Many of those days were 16 hr shifts, and I was just unable to get to the post office in the little time I had off. Originally the books were supposed to have shipped in mid/late January when I had my wed/ thurs days off, but I worked both of them one of which was a 16 hr shift. The shipping was put off till I was able to get them out for shipping at the comic shop friday night. I dropped them off, and they were going to be picked up this morning ( monday) I woke up today to a concerned email, so I starting bringing them to the post office today, about half out feeling good that I can put their concerns to rest only to come home to 2 threads and a frozen paypal account concerning the issue.

All of the purchased books will be out this week, most of which are going out tommorow, I need 3 more boxes to get the last few out, everything else is either shipped or in my truck waiting to be delivered. I couldnt get everything out today, unfortunately I did not have enough cash to cover it all, but they will go out tommorow.

hm Actually, unless you live in a very strange place, that is most probably a violation of the labor law...

You always seem so nice, it's just a shame that it takes a thread to help you get stuff together... :wishluck:

I understand people being concerned when they don't hear from you. It's the seller's job to contact the buyer, not the other way around, they already fulfulled their part by paying, didn't they? Or am I confused;)?

I am quite sure it is a violation of some sort, but its not the first time its happened and it will not be the last. I am not complaining about my job, I am a member of The steelworkers union of america and I am proud of it. When we are short handed at work, its up to US to keep our plant running. We keep ourselves employed, and we do what we have to so we can stay a union and make the money we make, get the benefits we have,and provide our families with what they need. Pretty simple really, I had to work, no excuses.

This thread had nothing to do with me getting anything together what so ever. I didnt even see this thread till AFTER I shipped packages out yesterday. My first clue that was even a problem was an email I received yesterday morning so I made it a point to get that person the info they needed ASAP. All the packages are gone out now, and I thank all of the people who bought. They all received more than what they paid for, and I dont think I charged a single person what "actual" shipping cost, yet some will still call me a bad guy. I do not have a problem with anyone on these boards. Some people refuse to buy from me, thats fine, I understand. I wish I could go back and purchase the books that put me on probation so long ago, but that cant happen. At somepoint everyone has a hardship or a delay and some people can get away with it, and some get bashed, thats just life.

As I said, I kept everyone who contacted me up to speed with what was going on. I didnt message everyone who bought, some STILL dont have a problem with the delay. If someone was concerened about their purchase they contacted me and I reponded.

Thanks for the input about the labor laws though, I may look into that one of these days when I feel like working 40 hrs ;)

So this is the thread I was looking for.

I have kept in contact with everyone who has contacted me from my sales thread.

I did have work related delays in shipping the books out which I told everyone who contacted me. Books started going out today, hopefully the rest will go out tommorow. I am not going to start bashing anyone for being concerened, but I surely did not see the need for this to escalate into what it did. I hope everyone enjoys the books, I packed lots of freebies in with the already super cheap books. All of them are being shipped priority,well packed.

I did not even know this thread existed till about an hour ago, thanks to everyone who had my back, and even to those who helped bash me.

COMMUNICATION is a beautiful thing! That's what Cher told Gregg Allman on day 2 of their marriage...the marriage ended after 9 days... :devil:

Can someone (with experience, preferably :) ) please tell me how much it costs to ship a slab from London to NYC?

You can PM Flaming Telepath, Goldust, 1koko, Brasseye or a handful of others that live there and they know for sure.

R.

Can someone (with experience, preferably :) ) please tell me how much it costs to ship a slab from London to NYC?

You can PM Flaming Telepath, Goldust, 1koko, Brasseye or a handful of others that live there and they know for sure.

R.

Thanks.. I just sent them a message.

Where can someone post a concern about some books that they (me) got. Grade was below what was expected g to maybe vg books recieved with brown pages and was told a couple vg and the rest fine.

Edited by cookie1963

Where can someone post a concern about some books that they (me) got. Grade was below what was expected g to maybe vg books recieved with brown pages and was told a couple vg and the rest fine.

Did you discuss with the seller yet?

Yup. If they are forum members you need to deal with them about it first. Another option would be to post scans of the books in the grading section and ask for grade input and take your discussion from there.

I don't see any reason to make a private transaction public unless you are being defrauded.

R.

Yup. If they are forum members you need to deal with them about it first. Another option would be to post scans of the books in the grading section and ask for grade input and take your discussion from there.

I don't see any reason to make a private transaction public unless you are being defrauded.

R.

I have contacted the seller and will away a reply. I don't want a refund or send them back was just let down.