• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You know what I love? When a seller edits their original post with a big fat SOLD once a comic sells (flatrock02 is great at this). For those longer threads, it's sometimes tough to figure out what's not been taken. Periodic lists of issues still available are good too, but finding those isn't necessarily easy.

Not at all as important, but still something I like, is when that big fat SOLD does not replace the selling price. That way I know just what i missed out on by being late to the party.

I also still like this guy: :whee:

Right on all accounts....I don't understand the big fat

SOLD replacing the selling price either.

It irritates the heck out of me, as I want to see the ORIGINAL PRICE not some stupid SOLD sign. It helps give me a gauge of what a particular issue/grade is selling for (especially raw) for the future.

You know what I love? When a seller edits their original post with a big fat SOLD once a comic sells (flatrock02 is great at this). For those longer threads, it's sometimes tough to figure out what's not been taken. Periodic lists of issues still available are good too, but finding those isn't necessarily easy.

Not at all as important, but still something I like, is when that big fat SOLD does not replace the selling price. That way I know just what i missed out on by being late to the party.

Right on all accounts....I don't understand the big fat SOLD replacing the selling price either.

Maybe the price listed wasn't the price it sold at?

Even so, I'd still like to see it.

Right on all accounts....I don't understand the big fat SOLD replacing the selling price either.

Maybe the price listed wasn't the price it sold at?

That doesn't really matter, you'd have the starting point and ballpark figure at least.

Maybe the seller is doing this as a courtesy to the buyer...this way if he wants to flip the book, he wont be hampered by the seller's original price... :roflmao:

Analogy's not great, as the price has been shown already. If the deal was done through PM, it's cool not to reveal the selling price. But why hide it if it's already been made public?

It's a personal thing. There is no hard and fast rule about it.

(shrug)

I'm just sayin' I like to see the price. Not trying to make it a rule. :)

Me too, I'd love to see it as well but I guess that's up to the discretion of the seller.

(thumbs u

Analogy's not great, as the price has been shown already. If the deal was done through PM, it's cool not to reveal the selling price. But why hide it if it's already been made public?

(shrug)

I understand that...I think that we are just wondering why you would want to keep it private in the first place. (shrug)

I guess it's just like wondering how the zombie apocalypse started....most times you just never know.

(shrug)

I understand that...I think that we are just wondering why you would want to keep it private in the first place. (shrug)

I guess it's just like wondering how the zombie apocalypse started....most times you just never know.

I think I'm gonna have to take responsibility for that one. :sorry:

I think its an important piece of information that is irrevocably lost and that is sad.

If this place wanted to be a regarded as a serious selling forum that affects market pricing it should be known. It would be nice if it was recorded here in a searchable database, both raw and third party graded, available for both browsing and for GPA to record if they want.

I would prefer to know the final selling price and NOT necessarily the buyer if he/she wants to hide that so it shouldn't be a big issue with the buyer (shrug)

I think its an important piece of information that is irrevocably lost and that is sad.

If this place wanted to be a regarded as a serious selling forum that affects market pricing it should be known. It would be nice if it was recorded here in a searchable database, both raw and third party graded, available for both browsing and for GPA to record if they want.

I would prefer to know the final selling price and NOT necessarily the buyer if he/she wants to hide that so it shouldn't be a big issue with the buyer (shrug)

Interesting. I like where you're going with this. I do wish GPA made use of sales data from these forums. So many graded comics change hands here every day, it'd boost their database in a wonderful way.

Interesting. I like where you're going with this. I do wish GPA made use of sales data from these forums. So many graded comics change hands here every day, it'd boost their database in a wonderful way.

That would be nice, but from an administrative point of view it would be a.) a nightmare and b.) easy to manipulate.

But all of that aside, it would still be nice to be able to see how much a given book sold for when you're interested. If anyone were going to track anything though, it'd have to be highly unofficial.

I leave my prices when I sell something, and I love to look back in case I forget what I paid for something...

But to be honest, I can see why people delete them, There have been a few instances with people yelling FLIPPER (and not the dolphin;) when someone resells a book, even years later.

I'm not even talking about the people who sell a week later, lol...

Maybe someone could set up a spreadsheet. It would be useful information. No names, just books and sales prices.

That would be nice, but from an administrative point of view it would be a.) a nightmare and b.) easy to manipulate.

But all of that aside, it would still be nice to be able to see how much a given book sold for when you're interested. If anyone were going to track anything though, it'd have to be highly unofficial.

How do you mean?

That was a weak analogy,

BUT I think it prevents further posters from saying, "Wow, you paid too much/ too little." It's a privacy thing. I mean, not to sound too philosophical, but the book or OA is gone and it was a moment in time. Maybe a deal was had, maybe not. It makes the whole selling thing more fun to me. Like a garage sale or flea market or something. Anyway, I'm a little drunky, so what do I know? :gossip:

Dan

I leave my prices when I sell something, and I love to look back in case I forget what I paid for something...

But to be honest, I can see why people delete them, There have been a few instances with people yelling FLIPPER (and not the dolphin;) when someone resells a book, even years later.

I'm not even talking about the people who sell a week later, lol...

Maybe someone could set up a spreadsheet. It would be useful information. No names, just books and sales prices.

I can understand that but its much like the argument of why pressers shouldn't tell people about pressed books, because someone, someday might punish them by calling them a presser.

The solution is the same: Make a rule that you can't castigate the seller for those things (noting a book is pressed and for selling it for more than they paid) and let the information do what it is supposed to do, that is educate and inform

I can't see having that as a rule. Once you move there, you would have to move to disclosing PM sales.

Prices are "Nice to Know" while restoration and pressing are "Need to know". Two entirely different animals.

BTW, as I said, I leave my prices up, so I'm not really arguing here, I would LIKE to know prices, cause I'm naturally curious, but I can't see forcing the issue.

I'm sure some people wouldn't mind leaving them once they see that there is some interest. Most people probably delete them without thinking about it much.

P.S. It would be impossible to make a rule telling people not to castigate sellers for flipping. If it's not done on the threads, it will be done in PMs.

You KNOW how much guys love to gossip...:baiting:

Edited by skypinkblu