• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I've the whole pm conversation documented. I've not been rude at all anyone who wants to see the pms is welcome. Secondly I'm not mad at all. So far as the books are concerned I honestly could care less. I was only making the posts because of how bio was acting after I brought it up.

The fact are the facts I posted the take it he said sold. At that point IMO he can no longer add stipulations to the deal. And an I'll take it 15 minutes after his confirmation of "sold" should not affect my deal.

I see what Bio-Rupp is referring to as when I checked the $3.69 thread, the sales thread rules are right at the top of the page.

- First takeit.gif gets it and trumps any and all PM's.

Green, I know it's a bummer missing out on books, and especially if it happened while you were having a PM exchange with the seller. I'm sure many of us have had this happen.

bosco please note the timeline. i didnt lose out during a pm exchange. Kawfeaaddikts :takeit: was about 15 mins after bio pmed me "sold"

And while we are giving them the whole story bio, lets add that the books ended up selling for about 2.5x my accepted offer.

bosco please note the timeline. i didnt lose out during a pm exchange. Kawfeaaddikts :takeit: was about 15 mins after bio pmed me "sold"

But just looking at the situation as a disinterested party, once you both agreed to a price and he said "Sold," he also made it clear you needed to go back and post the TAKE IT for final sales confirmation.

He was just reinforcing his sales thread rules. I've had folks do this with me during a PM negotiation, and once we came to terms I turned around immediately and posted final confirmation in the sales thread.

And while we are giving them the whole story bio, lets add that the books ended up selling for about 2.5x my accepted offer.

I know, they sold at exactly the discounted price I advertised them for in the sales thread!

Which is what makes it even more amazing, to me at least, as to why you refused to put up the :takeit: signs to claim your prize.

I'm on my phone now so I can't quote quickly but he made sound option to me " if you don't mind"

Also his rule doses not say first take it in thread. Simply says first take it

I know, they sold at exactly the discounted price I advertised them for in the sales thread!

Which is what makes it even more amazing, to me at least, as to why you refused to put up the :takeit: signs to claim your prize.

I was tired and on pain meds. Notsure what you are assuming

You can see by the vote that it's split and there is a reason for that. Nothing was really clear.

Posting Sold in the PM, kind of makes it appear that it negates the :takeit: on the board...and yet, he does mention :takeit: in his thread.

I have seen sellers use language that is specific..."Pms are welcome, but :takeit: on the board trumps all, even if we are negoticiating" or I will accept pms, but first :takeit: on the board wins." I think language like that, makes decisions like these easier, after all, the poor person posting the :takeit: on the thread had no idea they were gone, and we've had this come up before.

So, in essence, I think you are both right...there is no right answer here, except that if you are a seller, you need to be rock solid clear, and if you are a buyer trying to get a deal, you need to jump on the board with the sign, or take the chance of losing.

I think it's the seller's call here, but by a very small edge..

Arguing semantics, and internet sentence structure vs. meaning, is often a pointless endeavor ending badly... my advice to both parties is to chalk this one up to a simple misunderstanding, and just let it go...

Arguing semantics, and internet sentence structure vs. meaning, is often a pointless endeavor ending badly... my advice to both parties is to chalk this one up to a simple misunderstanding, and just let it go...

Why? Someone who wasn't even involved in a transaction of mine complained and started a slanderous 35-page thread because of "semantics". :insane: I never responded in the thread because of the witch-hunt mentality around here. Besides, I didn't need to - the PM's between the parties were clear.

"If you don't mind" is clearly optional, and Green doesn't need to make excuses - he should be bothered by Biorupp's actions. A confirmed "sold" is a confirmed "sold". That's why PM's exist.

Well said Sharon.

The main reason the " :takeit: trumps any & all PM's" is posted in my sales threads is to prevent things like this from happening.

I'm not sure if Green knows that we were talking in a PM or not. I thought my wording was spot on in the "trumps any & all PM's" part.

Why Green refused to put the signs up is beyond me. He had a great deal. Why wouldn't he just do this?

All I can say is how fair would it be to Kawfeadikt to back out of his deal?

He put up the :takeit: in the thread, as per the rules, and won the lot fair and square. I would hate to disappoint him, especially since he paid up immediatly and seemed very happy with the readers he purchased.

I would love to get past this with Green. I've even offered him a full out on everything he purchased (over $100) if he felt so strongly that I have wronged him.

Regardless, my terms were clear. 1st rule posted in my thread... " :takeit: trumps any & all PM's".

Green didn't feel the necessity to post these and Kawfeadikt did... so Kawfeadikt got the spoils.

Why? Someone who wasn't even involved in a transaction of mine complained and started a slanderous 35-page thread because of "semantics". :insane: I never responded in the thread because of the witch-hunt mentality around here. Besides, I didn't need to - the PM's between the parties were clear.

"If you don't mind" is clearly optional, and Green doesn't need to make excuses - he should be bothered by Biorupp's actions. A confirmed "sold" is a confirmed "sold". That's why PM's exist.

I kind of thought "if you don't mind" was being polite, sir.

I took it as Bio politely asking Green to follow his sales thread rules, and confirm the deal. It doesn't sound that unreasonable.

Why wait 15 minutes to turn around and post TAKE IT on those books? Just go do it and be overjoyed with a great deal and move on.

The alternative is Bio saying, "Hey - go post TAKE IT on those books or tough luck if you miss out." Not as nice as how he communicated what he expected.

I was tired and on pain meds. Notsure what you are assuming

The only thing I was assuming Green is that if you wanted these books, you could have posted the :takeit: signs instead of wasting the time to do it by posting PM's like this...

If you don't mind, please throw up the "Take It's" in both threads.

M

This also sounds extremely optional to me. obviously i did mind.

Which I hate to say... is kinda rude sir.

So the deal is negotiated in pms, everyone is happy but you sellit to someone else.

Dont sell much here but I would wonder if I accepted the deal as the seller why wouldnt I go to my thread and say sold? You have the pm as proof of sale and its not a buyer who is new :shrug:

Wonder if the other buyer never showed up and posted take it in the thread and this thing languished to page 8. Would Green still be on the hook for the sale? and would he be getting bad press for not following thru on the sale?

Also I have a question to all, If a sales thread is never closed by a seller does that mean the sales thread is is active and valid with those books being offered?

Edited by 3319comics

Also I have a question to all, If a sales thread is never closed by a seller does that mean the sales thread is is active and valid with those books being offered?

That is an interesting question, as we have had a few new members lately post TAKE IT on books in threads that are close to a year old.

Maybe it should be required if you move the books off to another sales venue, you need to officially close your sales thread.

(shrug)

Wonder if the other buyer never showed up and posted take it in the thread and this thing languished to page 8. Would Green still be on the hook for the sale? and would he be getting bad press for not following thru on the sale?

In no way would Green be on the hook with the sale if your scenario would have went down. Since, as stated in my 1st rule of the sales thread, the :takeit: trumps any & all PM's. Green would have lost and the other party would be accountable to make good. That's why we have the :takeit: sign... to show who wins what and time stamp it in a public sales thread to prove it. That's a given, sir.

What Green doesn't get and what would have saved his deal, is that sign was asked to be placed in both my 1st posted rule... and in the PM in which our deal took place, to validify our deal and keep someone else from posting the :takeit: and win it out from under him.

What if you were the one who posted "take it" on the lot. Then I PM you and tell you I sold them to another party through a PM... and you see that my 1st rule states :takeit: trumps any & all PM's" and there is no other :takeit: to be seen in the thread. Would you feel burned because you did exactly what the rules asked you to do and I changed them behind your back and sold them out from under you?

Why didn't Green go post the :takeit: when I asked him too... especially since it's posted rule # 1. That was my rule and for some reason, even when asked to, he chose not to abide by it.

So the deal is negotiated in pms, everyone is happy but you sellit to someone else.

Dont sell much here but I would wonder if I accepted the deal as the seller why wouldnt I go to my thread and say sold? You have the pm as proof of sale and its not a buyer who is new :shrug:

Nice catch paul , so not only did he sell the books to someone else after confirming to me they were sold it was also after his thread was closed. lol

Nice catch paul , so not only did he sell the books to someone else after confirming to me they were sold it was also after his thread was closed. lol

So by your logic, when our PM deal was taking place at 11:07, these books were totally off the market? So technically then they weren't for sale... even to you? Is this what you are trying to say?