• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why didn't Green go post the :takeit: when I asked him too... especially since it's posted rule # 1. That was my rule and for some reason, even when asked to, he chose not to abide by it.

Actually, once you confirmed the sale with Green, it then becomes your responsibility to mark it "sold". :makepoint:

You really are just trying to skirt around your acceptance of his offer (tsk) Period. All the rest of the reasoning is irrelevant.

and divad... how can I be skirting around acceptance of his offer when I asked him twice to put up the "Take it" sign. I'm not going to beg him sir.

Where in the forum rules does it state that it is "my responsibility to mark it sold" too. Especially after asking him to do it... and then asking if he "was sure" when he refused to do it... for no reason other than he was being difficult.

This was a 10 - 15 min time frame. He had time to get it in there. I will tell you why I didn't run over and do it for him... because I was too busy packing all the other wins for people who didn't have a problem putting that sign up.

I guess in a "perfect world", it wouldn't have been that big of a deal for Green to just go and put "take its" up as asked and as the rule states. Twisting the words for his benefit aren't going to get him what he lost fair and square.

There's no twisting of anything here ... Green posted an "I'll take it" in the PM to which you replied "Sold!".

If the sale was contingent on him posting separate "I'll take it"s in all three threads - which is a silly request - you should have said so. You didn't :gossip:

and mschmidt... I did ask him to post in the threads...

Sold !

If you don't mind, please throw up the "Take It's" in both threads.

You sir, are awesome!

Many thanks

M

I guess in a "perfect world", it wouldn't have been that big of a deal for Green to just go and put "take its" up as asked and as the rule states. Twisting the words for his benefit aren't going to get him what he lost fair and square.

There's no twisting of anything here ... Green posted an "I'll take it" in the PM to which you replied "Sold!".

If the sale was contingent on him posting separate "I'll take it"s in all three threads - which is a silly request - you should have said so. You didn't :gossip:

Sold !

You sir, are awesome!

Many thanks

M

You asked if he wouldn't mind posting an "i'll take it" in the threads - nowhere did you make it clear that if he didn't, you would cancel a sale to which you'd already agreed.

Sold !

You sir, are awesome!

Many thanks

M

You asked if he wouldn't mind posting an "i'll take it" in the threads - nowhere did you make it clear that if he didn't, you would cancel a sale to which you'd already agreed.

sigh... Happy Thanksgiving mschmidt

Green it will be in our best interests for you to stay clear of any of my sales threads, I will not sell to you.

With an attitude like this, I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping a large percentage of us away from your sales threads.

Green it will be in our best interests for you to stay clear of any of my sales threads, I will not sell to you.

With an attitude like this, I'm sure you'll have no problem keeping a large percentage of us away from your sales threads.

sigh.... Happy Thanksgiving Joe.

I cannot believe what I am reading here. The concept of :takeit: over PMs has been a long tradition here.

If this were the other way around and Bio sold to Green on the basis of the PM, and there is no :takeit: in Bio's sales thread - what do you think might have happened? Someone could be posting the following:

"I posted :takeit: in Bio Rupp's sales thread. I was the first to do this. But Bio Rupp told me it was sold via PM, even though his thread stipulated First :takeit: gets it and trumps any and all PM's."

And I bet you just as many people would be up in arms over THAT.

Anyone disagree?

I cannot believe what I am reading here. The concept of :takeit: over PMs has been a long tradition here.

If this were the other way around and Bio sold to Green on the basis of the PM, and there is no :takeit: in Bio's sales thread - what do you think might have happened? Someone could be posting the following:

"I posted :takeit: in Bio Rupp's sales thread. I was the first to do this. But Bio Rupp told me it was sold via PM, even though his thread stipulated First :takeit: gets it and trumps any and all PM's."

And I bet you just as many people would be up in arms over THAT.

Anyone disagree?

Pov... I thoroughly appreciate you for stating that.

Please cast your vote concerning the situation back on page 486.

And please if you get a chance, stop by my sales thread in the Gold/Silver section on Thurs night around 9pm or so after your Thanksgiving festivities and join us for what's going to be a fun time for all.

Bring your best George Clooney quotes. I think I may have a contest/vote for best quote too.

Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving sir.

He also said, separated by a comma if you want to get so literal, "please throw up the "Take It's" in both threads." And he also stated in the Sales Thread itself "First :takeit: gets it and trumps any and all PM's." which I think is abundantly clear.

And you focus on "If you don't mind"???

Johnnie Cochran has nothing on you.

Why? Someone who wasn't even involved in a transaction of mine complained and started a slanderous 35-page thread because of "semantics". :insane: I never responded in the thread because of the witch-hunt mentality around here. Besides, I didn't need to - the PM's between the parties were clear.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Well I am never among the popular on these type of discussions but the seller asked him to post in the thread. The buyer should have just done it to seal the deal.

I once asked a seller a question about what was collected in a tpb. In the same pm stated I would take another book as well and wanted a shipping quote. The seller provided the info and requested that I put up the I'll take it in the sales thread. No biggie, I did as requested to make the sale final and public.

He also said, separated by a comma if you want to get so literal, "please throw up the "Take It's" in both threads." And he also stated in the Sales Thread itself "First :takeit: gets it and trumps any and all PM's." which I think is abundantly clear.

And you focus on "If you don't mind"???

Johnnie Cochran has nothing on you.

:doh:

Where does the seller specify that the "takeit" needs to be in the actual thread?

Green posted a "takeit" in the PM (which was the first "takeit" posted), and the seller replied "Sold!". Are you telling me that you wouldn't think the sale was a done deal at that point?

Edited by mschmidt

Love you Pov, but I disagree.

:takeit: via timestamp is the most logical in my books.

The seller's inability to manage the thread is what caused this problem.

When the seller said "Sold!" that should have been the final word...even if not everyone heard it.

Am I missing something here? Rupp's thread clearly states:

First :takeit: gets it and trumps any and all PM's.

It doesn't say anything about the "I'll take it" having to be posted in the actual thread - it just says that the first one posted gets the sale.

And as Green was the first to post the "I'll take it", the books are clearly his :shrug:

This. (thumbs u

You did not clearly specify in the thread rules that an :takeit: on the thread takes precedence.

Furthermore, I understand you were busy packaging people's wins but that doesn't take precedence over you managing your thread.

I'm not picking sides, the sides have already been chosen by the rules that were laid out by the seller and the seller's statement of "sold".

Once Green met your demands and you PMd back "sold" the deal was done. Handshake complete. Papers signed. No turning back.

Those are the hard facts. Anything else is just smoke and mirrors.

You picked the wrong time to be black and white Roy. Your analysis is flawed. The language that the Ill Take It trumps any and all PMs is not ambiguous. They had a PM deal. That PM deal was, by its very nature subject to being trumped by an Ill Take it in the thread, which it was. The way for Green to make his deal untrumpable was to post the Ill Take It in the thread. He chose not to at his own peril.

The takeaway that I have from this is that sellers should manage their sales threads as vigilantly as is possible. Had it been my thread, I would have gone and posted the Ill take IT myself ASAP to avoid what happened.

The takeaway that I have from this is that sellers should manage their sales threads as vigilantly as is possible. Had it been my thread, I would have gone and posted the Ill take IT myself ASAP to avoid what happened.

I do have to agree.

Green - I'm sorry. I'm not picking sides due to personalities or past transactions.

I'm just looking at it differently than you.

And just as a suggestion, the two of you should move on from this.

Between the "I'LL TAKE IT" thread in Comics General and the new Bio-Rupp sales thread in Gold/Silver/Bronze, you're both busting each other's chops.

Let's get back to talking about important things, like who's shilling their auctions and whether or not Ryan Reynolds will destroy the Green Lantern franchise before it even kicks off.

:ohnoez: