• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Sorry, Nick, I just don't see the need to force people to either buy a scan from CGC or to allow their buyers to post conditional take its (unless the seller wants to allow this).

Requiring a label scan of any slabbed book that is in hand, however, feels perfectly reasonable :thumbsup:

As a seller on here I would see why you have an issue with this. But as buyers, there is the opposite view. And if we are going to address the issue of always posting pictures as part of a sale - no matter the scenario - explain how you address a pre-arrival from a buyer's comfort perspective with all sellers - not just historic safe sellers?

You can't.

(thumbs u

That's what i thought of when you (guys) brought up pre-sale.

Stuff happens....

Shoot the bear before selling the skin and all that, but whatever dude

(thumbs u

Whatever dude what? I sold a book I owned to Faster Friends, and the mail truck burned. That had nothing to do with a pre-arrival sale. And I even made it right with him quickly so there was no money out of his pocket.

Were you just trying to post something douchy like that?

Dude calm the F down. I didn't realize this was you and FF, i didn't re-read the thread.

I just used google search to find the pic and put it on my own photobucket...

No douchy move intended OK !

Well, read through it a few posts next time. I'm only on the first page talking about how I double-boxed the book for safe delivery. Not much detective work there.

So I'll calm down. Meanwhile, think about how it came across as if you were trying to be a clown about a not-so-funny situation. Coincidence?

Well, read through it a few posts next time. I'm only on the first page talking about how I double-boxed the book for safe delivery. Not much detective work there.

So I'll calm down. Meanwhile, think about how it came across as if you were trying to be a clown about a not-so-funny situation. Coincidence?

I'm telling you, it was pure coincidence that i posted it in a reply to you. Maybe someone is trying to say something hm

:foryou:

Was that the actual truck on fire at Paul's house?

Apologies, but never read the thread and hate to bring up bad memories.

Geez thats awful.

Amazing, isn't it?

Sold him a gorgeous DC Comics Presents 26 CGC 9.8 that was just fantasic looking. And I even included a little something extra.

george-foreman-grill.jpg

Supposedly the USPS never figured out what caused the fire.

Geez thats awful.

Amazing, isn't it?

Sold him a gorgeous DC Comics Presents 26 CGC 9.8 that was just fantasic looking. And I even included a little something extra.

george-foreman-grill.jpg

Crazy how those 9.8's can just burst into flames like that :o

Nick, I think he was just saying if you pre-sell a book that you don't have in your possesion, it does not mean you will get said book.

That's what i was saying, not realizing it was you and him it happened to :sorry:

:foryou:

Geez thats awful.

Amazing, isn't it?

george-foreman-grill.jpg

Crazy how those 9.8's can just burst into flames like that :o

George is hot stuff in any form. :cry:

Geez thats awful.

Amazing, isn't it?

george-foreman-grill.jpg

Usually when I ship high grade books to Paul, I always include one of these... which he promptly empties all over himself at the first sign of uncomfortable heat :banana:

firebabe.jpg