• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Further, I don't know how much more clear I can be about this: I DON'T CARE WHETHER WE HAVE THE RULE ABOUT SEPARATE LOCATIONS. REMOVE IT...RETURN TO AN ALL MIXED SALES FORUM. ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT IF WE HAVE A RULE, MAKE IT CLEAR AND EASY TO ENFORCE. OTHERWISE GET RID OF IT.

:foryou:

OK, enough from me again...back to my cabinets...

Why do you keep on talking about returning to a single sales forum? Arch made that decision when he split the sales forum up years ago - it's not suddenly going to revert back, nor would it make any sense to do so.

The rules are already as clear as they're going to get ... Copper / Modern books in one forum, Bronze / Silver / Gold in another, and if you're mixing ages, your thread goes in Mixed Age. Again ... where's the confusion?

The part in BOLD is vague. Not everyone agrees on the date range, hence the button-humping. I think if we can at least come to a vote on the date ranges there would be ZERO confusion.

Easy - Copper starts in 1984.

January 1984?

Cover dated 1984?

Published 1984?

First print in 1984?

Julian Calendar?

It's TOO VAGUE!!! :ohnoez:

George Orwell's 1984

I'm assuming that you're referring to me. If not, you can understand how I might make that assumption. I didn't realize that raising a concern for discussion in the marketplace general discussion thread (which was created just for that purpose) was "stirring up controversy." Your points are duly noted. Thank you for that opinion.

:thumbsup:

"Look at me, look at me! I'm a NOOB who LOVES to stir up conversation and controversy"

Not saying any names but there's a few of you.

The Marketplace has been working successfully even BEFORE Arch revamped the category selection. So what if a seller has primarily GS/SA/BA books in a thread and happens to throw in some CA or DC drek? IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT. We have had enough drama on the Boards, and your insignificant flyspeck complaints are wearisome... go to eBay and take your chances there.

Some if not most of the offenders of the sacred rules you are whining about are offering up books at prices in grade you can't get anywhere else. They could easily just auction them off in CL and be done with it.

Anyone can sell here AT NO COST OR FEES OR BP, and you are complaining about a CA that happened to be listed in the wrong thread or a simultaneous recap of another thread b/c the seller has two separate FS threads running? Grab some tissue and stop crying.

Keep it up. When the marketplace gets taken away you can FINALLY boast that you affected change on the Boards. You will also be the first to whine when you can no longer buy/sell books on the Boards.

Just sayin....

:golfclap:

P.S. :gossip: I love your avatar. :grin:

Further, I don't know how much more clear I can be about this: I DON'T CARE WHETHER WE HAVE THE RULE ABOUT SEPARATE LOCATIONS. REMOVE IT...RETURN TO AN ALL MIXED SALES FORUM. ALL I'M SAYING IS THAT IF WE HAVE A RULE, MAKE IT CLEAR AND EASY TO ENFORCE. OTHERWISE GET RID OF IT.

:foryou:

OK, enough from me again...back to my cabinets...

Why do you keep on talking about returning to a single sales forum? Arch made that decision when he split the sales forum up years ago - it's not suddenly going to revert back, nor would it make any sense to do so.

The rules are already as clear as they're going to get ... Copper / Modern books in one forum, Bronze / Silver / Gold in another, and if you're mixing ages, your thread goes in Mixed Age. Again ... where's the confusion?

The part in BOLD is vague. Not everyone agrees on the date range, hence the button-humping. I think if we can at least come to a vote on the date ranges there would be ZERO confusion.

Easy - Copper starts in 1984.

January 1984?

Cover dated 1984?

Published 1984?

First print in 1984?

Julian Calendar?

It's TOO VAGUE!!! :ohnoez:

George Orwell's 1984

Which was published in 1949!! :o

Maybe button humping shouldn't remain anonymous. hm

I love this suggestion.

no doubt.

+1 :)

I always thought there would be some way to tell. This seems that it would definitely eliminate some button humpers. hm

It would be great. But I doubt the mods would do it due to the backlash they would have to deal with afterwards of escalators being attacked.

Just think of the locked threads from those debates.

I love this suggestion.

no doubt.

I always thought there would be some way to tell. This seems that it would definitely eliminate some button humpers. hm

Please see my earlier post regarding the inevitable result of making button humping public.

I love this suggestion.

no doubt.

Please see my earlier post regarding the inevitable result of making button humping public.

So you beat me to the battle damage assessment? Dang!

My last statement on this aforementioned topic is this -

The forum FS GUIDELINES (not laws) were set in place to make it easier for Board members to browse or list books in specific categories. Adherence to the policies set forth should by all means be encouraged, but a witch hunt shouldn't ensue should an error occur....No one is perfect and mistakes happen.

The forum police squad should realize the world is not going to come to an end, should a mistake happen. I have noticed members also will bring up this petty krap if they dislike a particular seller, or feel jealousy because someone might be "getting away with something". Give it a rest.

This Forum is like a family to me and accomplishes so much. For the most part the friends I have on here are the main reason I always come back (like roaches and bad relatives). Why the need for petty squabbles when we can and have done so much for our extended family here on the Boards. We come together when the need arises whether it's for assisting Boardees' families in time of need should they pass away, helping someone who's house burned down, helping raise money for a child's surgery, or even a dog's surgery!

Prime example - There is a FS thread in the GA/SA/BA section raising proceeds for surgery for Kenny's child. There are multiple listings for ALL comic book ages; GA, SA, BA CA and moderns, as well as OA and other collectibles. No one BETTER raise a complaint simply because it's not under mixed threads! :sumo:

I know it may be difficult for some, but exercise restraint and common sense when bringing up things that can be solved with a simple PM to the seller.

Happy Holidays! :foryou:

due to the backlash they would have to deal with afterwards of escalators being attacked.

(shrug)

It's a community right? Live and die by your choices. (thumbs u

Yeah, right. lol

You've been here long enough to know what kind of flame wars would come about if the "notify" button humper's names were to be made public. :slapfight:

due to the backlash they would have to deal with afterwards of escalators being attacked.

(shrug)

Yeah, right. lol

You've been here long enough to know what kind of flame wars would come about if the "notify" button humper's names were to be made public. :slapfight:

Oh, I know. But maybe it would deter people from just humping a button for a stupid reason if it's public. Obviously a blatant disregard for the rules deserve it, but there are so many button humpers over such stupid trivial things. :P

My last statement on this aforementioned topic is this -

The forum FS GUIDELINES (not laws) were set in place to make it easier for Board members to browse or list books in specific categories. Adherence to the policies set forth should by all means be encouraged, but a witch hunt shouldn't ensue should an error occur....No one is perfect and mistakes happen.

The forum police squad should realize the world is not going to come to an end, should a mistake happen. I have noticed members also will bring up this petty krap if they dislike a particular seller, or feel jealousy because someone might be "getting away with something". Give it a rest.

This Forum is like a family to me and accomplishes so much. For the most part the friends I have on here are the main reason I always come back (like roaches and bad relatives). Why the need for petty squabbles when we can and have done so much for our extended family here on the Boards. We come together when the need arises whether it's for assisting Boardees' families in time of need should they pass away, helping someone who's house burned down, helping raise money for a child's surgery, or even a dog's surgery!

Prime example - There is a FS thread in the GA/SA/BA section raising proceeds for surgery for Kenny's child. There are multiple listings for ALL comic book ages; GA, SA, BA CA and moderns, as well as OA and other collectibles. No one BETTER raise a complaint simply because it's not under mixed threads! :sumo:

I know it may be difficult for some, but exercise restraint and common sense when bringing up things that can be solved with a simple PM to the seller.

Happy Holidays! :foryou:

If they are just guidlines aimed at assisting buyers and sellers, and not really laws, then no thread should ever get moved even if the button is humped. Its just a guidline.

The mods should be ignoring the humpers.

If they are just guidlines aimed at assisting buyers and sellers, and not really laws, then no thread should ever get moved even if the button is humped. Its just a guidline.

The mods should be ignoring the humpers.

This ^ :headbang:

(shrug)

Yeah, right. lol

Oh, I know. But maybe it would deter people from just humping a button for a stupid reason if it's public. Obviously a blatant disregard for the rules deserve it, but there are so many button humpers over such stupid trivial things. :P

It would prevent button humping of all but real beefs. The vendettas and vindictive humps would still happen but people would create shills to do the humping for them thus eliminating the true value of hump transparency.

(shrug)

Yeah, right. lol

It would prevent button humping of all but real beefs. The vendettas and vindictive humps would still happen but people would create shills to do the humping for them thus eliminating the true value of hump transparency.

This mess really happens huh? People regularly creating shills accounts just because of stupid vendettas or their vindictive? I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's comical picturing someone sitting in a basement somewhere saying

"Oh yeah, I'll get him. I'm going to take the time to create a new account just so I can notify the mods of this transgressions. :insane: "

:roflmao:

I've only hit "Notify" twice in my time here.

(1) Was an offensive F-Bomb meme

(2) During the Ron Theda/shill debacle

I think I've done it twice as well - Red Rocks nonsense and Kav's nightly threads of nothing used to simply instigate and get attention.

I can't understand why it's done so often in sales threads. Just point out whatever issue you think is going on and let the seller fix the problem. I feel like hitting the notify button is like a kid running to the teacher about something stupid. :ohnoez: