• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What I find odd is that I would think when he was quoted the shipping he didn't raise any concerns. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be concerned that the seller was not charging me enough or worse that my books would not arrive.

Yes, if he's been buying from the "big auction houses" as jop said, I would think he would be accustomed to paying for shipping with tracking. I doubt they would ship without tracking.

What I find odd is that I would think when he was quoted the shipping he didn't raise any concerns. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be concerned that the seller was not charging me enough or worse that my books would not arrive.

Yes, if he's been buying from the "big auction houses" as jop said, I would think he would be accustomed to paying for shipping with tracking. I doubt they would ship without tracking.

Yeah, but they do so much business with carriers like FedEx that they get better rates. (At least that's how I think it works.) My last package from Heritage had three slabs and a raw delivered to my work address in Australia for US$40.

I have had me eye on HusTruck since he appeared. This new guy sounds too good to be true, 1st he has these CGC books, then just happens to trot out a couple of keys he has laying around... I dunno. Seems fishy.

-slym

Lot's of people have their eye on him. He bears watching

Why? Doesn't everyone throw out a lowball offer in a charity thread? :facepalm:

This thread is why he's on my loon list:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7216521&fpart=1

I agree. Sounds like a total whiner too. I was tempted to block him but his threads are sometimes pretty entertaining.

Ok

Talked to the postmaster or head guy @ my post office and he said the only inexpensive way was 1st class and even then it was 46.00. I figured ok I never specified I would ship for the $46.00 and just eat the 34 dollar difference.

I think the biggest issue was sending 1st Class which has no protection but was the cheapest. I had given the higher quotes and was never offered a portion of the shipping costs

I believe imo both of us were partially in the wrong and would just like to make things right and that we should wait the recommended week and then if nothing then to talk about what is fair,

It doesn't sound like the buyer has done anything wrong. The risk of shipment is on you, as the seller, unless some other agreement is specifically reached. Even then, Paypal will refund the buyer if they complain directly, as their terms of use, override your agreement.

I would think the buyer was simply filing the claim to prevent his dispute window from closing. It may be a little early, but maybe he is going to be busy for the next week or so....

Yeah, but they do so much business with carriers like FedEx that they get better rates. (At least that's how I think it works.) My last package from Heritage had three slabs and a raw delivered to my work address in Australia for US$40.

That is about the same amount (possibly even less) than what Clink charges me for a comparable order shipped to Montreal, Canada. How long did it take for your order to arrive? Just curious. :)

I agree Hector. If the buyer is indeed a saavy collector, as the OP has suggested, he should have known the risks. Shipping international needs a trackable and insured service, if the buyer wants to roll the dice the buyer should deal with the loss. My advice is to write that into the terms of any future sales. Even safer is to not make the international sale at all without the proper shipping service. 2c

We have communicated via PM and paypal was to ensure himself with paypal to protect himself.

Paypal stated he was a blah word escapes me now but one of their highest tier clients so I really dont think it is set out to be a scam as such.

The issue I believe comes back to shipping costs and he probably does get really inexpensive shipping from the auction houses as he buys a fair volume and high dollar books.

I showed him my numbers was told it shouldn't be that much and spent a huge amount of time figuring out how to ship without losing my soul.

Finally 1st class was suggested by the postmaster so twas mailed and now I have no way to track it.

If I ever ship international again it will be at buyer's cost with insurance, tracking and signature required.

So I guess I will sit down and try to figure out a fair way for this to be worked out.

The books weren't worth a huge amount of money and I have to accept my part of blame in this case

50/50 doesn't seem fair, Maybe 65/35 and offering a 65 percent refund with the caveat if the books come he will make me whole.

We have communicated via PM and paypal was to ensure himself with paypal to protect himself.

Paypal stated he was a blah word escapes me now but one of their highest tier clients so I really dont think it is set out to be a scam as such.

The issue I believe comes back to shipping costs and he probably does get really inexpensive shipping from the auction houses as he buys a fair volume and high dollar books.

I showed him my numbers was told it shouldn't be that much and spent a huge amount of time figuring out how to ship without losing my soul.

Finally 1st class was suggested by the postmaster so twas mailed and now I have no way to track it.

If I ever ship international again it will be at buyer's cost with insurance, tracking and signature required.

So I guess I will sit down and try to figure out a fair way for this to be worked out.

The books weren't worth a huge amount of money and I have to accept my part of blame in this case

50/50 doesn't seem fair, Maybe 65/35 and offering a 65 percent refund with the caveat if the books come he will make me whole.

Sorry to hear about the shipping issues. This is the reason many people won't ship internationally. Unfortunately, unless this guy decides to be super nice to you, he's entitled to 100% of his money back. Sellers are responsible for getting the book to the buyer, regardless of the choice or fault of shipping method.

I've changed my mind about requiring a post count before being allowed to sell here. 200? 500? Whatever number works sounds good to me. If possible, maybe the system could automatically filter out posts like

:hi:

:banana:

+1

:ohnoez:

I could also get behind requiring a phone number to join (or maybe just to be able to sell), or a credit card.

Anything that mitigates all the crappy sales and general noob shadiness would brighten this man's Holiday Season. :forme:

I've changed my mind about requiring a post count before being allowed to sell here. 200? 500? Whatever number works sounds good to me. If possible, maybe the system could automatically filter out posts like

+1

I could also get behind requiring a phone number to join (or maybe just to be able to sell), or a credit card.

Anything that mitigates all the crappy sales and general noob shadiness would brighten this man's Holiday Season. :forme:

+1 :banana:

+1

j6280j.gif

+1

I'm down, let's make it happen.

+1

Weren't you calling me the boards' defender of douchebags or something like that yesterday?

+1

Weren't you calling me the boards' defender of douchebags or something like that yesterday?

What does that have to do with wanting to have more than an email address to sign up here?

Love when people post misinformation about books they are selling that they previously bought here on the boards...

the search function isn't great, but it DOES work... :facepalm:

hm link?

The subtle methodology of dropping a popcorn post right before or after your forum discussion thread rant is also acceptable.

:shy:

Love when people post misinformation about books they are selling that they previously bought here on the boards...

the search function isn't great, but it DOES work... :facepalm:

hm link?

The subtle methodology of dropping a popcorn post right before or after your forum discussion thread rant is also acceptable.

:shy:

hm link?