• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

How?

Hmm hm because it was a question he invited saying he had paid OSPG prices which opened the door ya know what nevermind I have no need, desire nor inclination to explain myself to you or anyone else.

If what I did was wrong and against board rules where is my strike?

Ya know why because it isn't. It might not be politically correct or an accepted practice but no where in the rules does it state you may not ask a question about his pricing especially when you were going to ask about buying other books he had listed in his previous thread.

Easy m'man. You're wrong here, but it's okay. Threadcrapping is real, and people do get strikes for it. If you don't see that in the rules you've been looking at, it doesn't mean it's not true. And your post, calling out a seller's prices in his sales thread, is the #1 definition of threadcrapping. You probably won't get a strike for it, but you might. Or you might get a wrist slap. But whether or not that happens, please understand that on the CGC Message Boards, questioning a seller's grades or prices in their thread is considered threadcrapping, and it's a no-no.

Speedy if true then why is it not written where someone can learn the rules without having things be pointed at them?

It is true, and the mods don't have to list every rule. This is their house, and if they feel like you're causing trouble, they'll let you know, however they want, at their discretion. This is not a democracy, we serve at their pleasure. :)

How?

Hmm hm because it was a question he invited saying he had paid OSPG prices which opened the door ya know what nevermind I have no need, desire nor inclination to explain myself to you or anyone else.

Ya know why because it isn't. It might not be politically correct or an accepted practice but no where in the rules does it state you may not ask a question about his pricing especially when you were going to ask about buying other books he had listed in his previous thread.

Keep doing it and see where it gets you. (thumbs u

The Moderator has already been notified about this post.

Please click back to return to the previous page.

lol

How?

Easy m'man. You're wrong here, but it's okay. Threadcrapping is real, and people do get strikes for it. If you don't see that in the rules you've been looking at, it doesn't mean it's not true. And your post, calling out a seller's prices in his sales thread, is the #1 definition of threadcrapping. You probably won't get a strike for it, but you might. Or you might get a wrist slap. But whether or not that happens, please understand that on the CGC Message Boards, questioning a seller's grades or prices in their thread is considered threadcrapping, and it's a no-no.

Speedy if true then why is it not written where someone can learn the rules without having things be pointed at them?

It is true, and the mods don't have to list every rule. This is their house, and if they feel like you're causing trouble, they'll let you know, however they want, at their discretion. This is not a democracy, we serve at their pleasure. :)

Ok news to me I thought when you paid your dues you were a member of the Collectors Society and the Member Agreement doesn't mention this. If I am truly wrong then I have already said so be it I would take my strike or wrist slap

How?

lol

hm

If I get my 1st strike over that it would be both confusing and entertaining.

How?

lol

hm

If I get my 1st strike over that it would be both confusing and entertaining.

I wouldn't worry about it. :)

How?

This is the written rule for buyers:

BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

Technically, it doesn't mention threadcrapping. However, the fact that it only directs how a buyer can claim an item is significant.

Since these are sales threads - not discussion threads - this rule is operating under the assumption that the only thing a buyer will be posting in a sales thread is an "I'll take it". Therefore, anything beyond that is superfluous and can run the risk of veering into threadcrap territory.

If a potential buyer has question about the items for sale - such as the pricing - he's certainly welcome to ask those question through PM. That way there's no danger of disrupting a member's sales thread.

How?

Ok news to me I thought when you paid your dues you were a member of the Collectors Society and the Member Agreement doesn't mention this. If I am truly wrong then I have already said so be it I would take my strike or wrist slap

As I say, you probably won't get one. But it's not really about the punishment. Mostly, folks are just informing you that questions like that are not appropriate in a sales thread. It's not an attack...we all understand how tempting it can be to post stuff like that from time to time.

Anyway, now you know.

How?

The closest you've got is in the terms of use - Hi-jacking of other people's threads in a way that stifles the originally intended topic against the objections of the thread creator

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=235115&page=1#Post235115

As I say, you probably won't get one. But it's not really about the punishment. Mostly, folks are just informing you that questions like that are not appropriate in a sales thread. It's not an attack...we all understand how tempting it can be to post stuff like that from time to time.

Anyway, now you know.

Thank you for the clarification Speedy although I disagree about it not being an attack from some

Telling someone to lay off the booze to me is very offensive nuff said

Well then I would advise getting out more. Claiming questioning someone's pricing inside their own sales thread as legitimate had a flaw in the logic somewhere. My apologies if I offended you with my comment. I was completely confused by the lack of etiquette.