• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Forgive me for not knowing, but is there a list of eBay sellers (I know we have a buyers list) that should be avoided?

I've been trying to chase this down since I got here lol

Rule clarification question.

Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

Are price drop posts acceptable or do they require the one day wait?

Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

Price drops are acceptable as new posts and don't count as bumps.

It's a "truly useful informational update".

Thanks. I thought it would be considered a useful informational update, but I didn't know if was generally forbidden to prevent some sort of "slippery slope" where people bump for insignificant price drops.

Thanks. I thought it would be considered a useful informational update, but I didn't know if was generally forbidden to prevent some sort of "slippery slope" where people bump for insignificant price drops.

If someone plays the game on a $500 book of $1 price drops, that will probably get pull. But a reasonable price drop would be acceptable.

Well it's been almost a year now. I made a habit of accepting a single request for a favour for every con I would go to. I would pick one that I would not usually do for myself in order to meet new people and see some other sides to conventions. For the most part it has been fun

I got a request to have a book signed on a childhood copy by someone I was not familiar with. I didn't charge since it was the favour for this show. About a week later more requests from the same person and I explained that it was $10+ per book and I was not interested in taking on more books. After a reply where he was confused as to why i would charge anything to get books signed I said to forget even the original favour. Book had already been sent so I said"no worries, I'll get it done" I got in line about an hour before the show opened. I spent about 2 hours total. It was fun. Some very excited fans.

I found out after the show from a couple facilitators that the same boardie had made requests for books being signed and tried to have them done for free. hm

After getting the book signed I boxed it up and requested the money for shipping. This was agreed to before hand. I provided the tracking number and put the box to the side. He read the PM but no response. About 2 weeks later I was asked where the book was. I told him it was boxed waiting to be sent after I got payment. I got a sob story about something and he can't send the money.

I've received a few more requests since then to ship and claims that payment is on the way. lol

I've seen him make numerous requests in event threads to have books signed. Just a word to the wise - always get payment up front. ;)

It's a shame since it is part of the reason I tend not to do favours any more.

I've seen him make numerous requests in event threads to have books signed. Just a word to the wise - always get payment up front. ;)

Seems to be a growing trend that money has to be sent up front :( Joey now asks for it for similar reasons. Mind you I don't blame you guys at all.

:signofftopic: You doing NF Con in June?

Edited by iceman399

I've received a few more requests since then to ship and claims that payment is on the way. lol

This is terrible. Always hate seeing favors get treated this way. I always try to help where I can.

Worst part is that I offered to help this person in the past and they never ended up sending me anything.

Well it's been almost a year now. I made a habit of accepting a single request for a favour for every con I would go to. I would pick one that I would not usually do for myself in order to meet new people and see some other sides to conventions. For the most part it has been fun

I got a request to have a book signed on a childhood copy by someone I was not familiar with. I didn't charge since it was the favour for this show. About a week later more requests from the same person and I explained that it was $10+ per book and I was not interested in taking on more books. After a reply where he was confused as to why i would charge anything to get books signed I said to forget even the original favour. Book had already been sent so I said"no worries, I'll get it done" I got in line about an hour before the show opened. I spent about 2 hours total. It was fun. Some very excited fans.

I found out after the show from a couple facilitators that the same boardie had made requests for books being signed and tried to have them done for free. hm

After getting the book signed I boxed it up and requested the money for shipping. This was agreed to before hand. I provided the tracking number and put the box to the side. He read the PM but no response. About 2 weeks later I was asked where the book was. I told him it was boxed waiting to be sent after I got payment. I got a sob story about something and he can't send the money.

Now I gotta spend the rest of the morning trying to figure out who this is... :frustrated:

Now I gotta spend the rest of the morning trying to figure out who this is... :frustrated:

Glad you will I thought about it but was way too lazy.

Hope to see you at NF. Assume you have the booth(s) already booked up?

Actually I'd be surprised if it takes more than 5 minutes to figure it out. lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7353162Post7353162

If it was seriously that easy make it harder next time lol

Considering that knob was also the buffoon who would take things from the PIF thread, then never ship them. It was only when the process began to put him on the P.L., did he actually send the books out. He had taken 3 or 4 items, but then never sent out his offerings that got taken. He was also one of the main culprits of the "take a high end PIF item, then offer up 3 or 4 dollar books in exchange."

Quite literally, he may have been the one who sent the Pay It Forward thread to "junk donkey" land. :facepalm: