• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

That is very true Erazer. Jimmy is right, it should have been disclosed. Maybe post a link (in the appropriate thread) and ask if there are 6 members that want to buy this auction so they can get a good deal would have been more appropriate.

can get 6 copies of these, but will need to have buyers on 5 of them at $650 each first.

shipping in the US only is $15 priority

lets see how many takers we can find

Is he trying to get five people to buy so that he can buy this auction?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7362811

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-5-copies-3250-BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-all-NM-MT-9-8-CGC-1st-HARLEY-QUINN-/231139583100?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35d0fe247c

The seller of this auction, "primo", was trying to sell these same B.A. #12 books on the boards last week in the modern area.

That is, the mods moved it to the e-bay dealers section.

Another thing that suggests that these are different people is that here the poster Brauny completely disregarded the forum rules, something Joey Gunz doesn't do when he posts. If same person it is odd why they would suddenly be clueless about the rules of the sales forum.

By offering books up for sale that you don't have in your possession, where putting a takeit sign relies on four other people putting up a takeit sign, is definitely against the forum rules. Keep in mind that he didn't disclose any of this until someone posted "I also saw that auction" and he said "just trying to hook boardies up".

A very good point.

Don't encourage him. :grin:

The JOEY GUNZ thread is poofed.

He's run a million friggin' sales threads in moderns, someone must have bought or sold to him? (shrug)

So he doesn't know A) CGC's magazine grading scale, and B) What masking is and how it gets you an all expense paid trip to the phantom zone.

edBQBeJ.gif

:idea:Nice mag! :whistle:

I'm going to post now why I'm biased.

Here were my PM's responding to his WTB

I'm in no rush to sell this book.

Because I took a picture of it, if you pass I'm going to put it in my sales thread for $200.

For you $160 shipped here is what it looks like

Alex

LOOK, ITS A GREAT PRICE. I THINK YOU SHOULD SELL IT IN YOUR SALES THREAD.

I JUST SECURED 5 COPIES OF THE REGULAR WRAP AROUND IN CGC 9.8. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS ACOPY, SEND THEM MY WAY

THANKS ALEX

JOE

EDIT: I put one in my sales thread and closed in like an hour later because I'm sales thread anxious - and put it all on ebay at ebay recent sale prices which I'm pretty sure was reflected in that same thread when i posted it but thats irrelevant

And here are the ebay messages I got after selling my first Clone #1 9.8 SS for $150 plus $25 shipping. THE NEXT DAY

Screenshot2014-01-18at75956PM_zps78fa3cde.png

I thought he wasn't interested in the books? I thought he just bought 5 CGC 9.8 copies?

Make your own conclusions - but I think it says A LOT that 90% of his sales threads don't have pictures 2c

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

I'm going to post now why I'm biased.

Here were my PM's responding to his WTB

I'm in no rush to sell this book.

Because I took a picture of it, if you pass I'm going to put it in my sales thread for $200.

For you $160 shipped here is what it looks like

Alex

LOOK, ITS A GREAT PRICE. I THINK YOU SHOULD SELL IT IN YOUR SALES THREAD.

I JUST SECURED 5 COPIES OF THE REGULAR WRAP AROUND IN CGC 9.8. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS ACOPY, SEND THEM MY WAY

THANKS ALEX

JOE

EDIT: I put one in my sales thread and closed in like an hour later because I'm sales thread anxious - and put it all on ebay at ebay recent sale prices which I'm pretty sure was reflected in that same thread when i posted it but thats irrelevant

And here are the ebay messages I got after selling my first Clone #1 9.8 SS for $150 plus $25 shipping. THE NEXT DAY

Screenshot2014-01-18at75956PM_zps78fa3cde.png

I thought he wasn't interested in the books? I thought he just bought 5 CGC 9.8 copies?

Make your own conclusions - but I think it says A LOT that 90% of his sales threads don't have pictures 2c

And don't most of his sales threads scream out in the title "2-hour sale, or Quick-sale before e-bay" and other "pressure" type headlines. Add in the way he often types in ALL CAPS, and it makes him look like a used car salesman who's trying to "close the deal" before the buyer has a chance to second guess himself. hm

So he doesn't know A) CGC's magazine grading scale, and B) What masking is and how it gets you an all expense paid trip to the phantom zone.

edBQBeJ.gif

That guy is just batty for Famous Monsters!

can get 6 copies of these, but will need to have buyers on 5 of them at $650 each first.

shipping in the US only is $15 priority

lets see how many takers we can find

Is he trying to get five people to buy so that he can buy this auction?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7362811

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-5-copies-3250-BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-all-NM-MT-9-8-CGC-1st-HARLEY-QUINN-/231139583100?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35d0fe247c

The seller of this auction, "primo", was trying to sell these same B.A. #12 books on the boards last week in the modern area.

That is, the mods moved it to the e-bay dealers section.

Another thing that suggests that these are different people is that here the poster Brauny completely disregarded the forum rules, something Joey Gunz doesn't do when he posts. If same person it is odd why they would suddenly be clueless about the rules of the sales forum.

By offering books up for sale that you don't have in your possession, where putting a takeit sign relies on four other people putting up a takeit sign, is definitely against the forum rules. Keep in mind that he didn't disclose any of this until someone posted "I also saw that auction" and he said "just trying to hook boardies up".

A very good point.

Don't encourage him. :grin:

The JOEY GUNZ thread is poofed.

He's run a million friggin' sales threads in moderns, someone must have bought or sold to him? (shrug)

As many sales threads as he's "started", I haven't seen that many that result in sales, because he almost always posting that it's going to be a "quick 2-hour sale before e-bay", or other non-sense like that. He comes across as somebody who has no patience whatsoever. If his books don't sell right away, he's "taking his ball" and going home.

My favorite one of his titles was this one: cgc 9.8s thanks everyone, always a waste. Closed to ebay

Maybe if he wasn't always so melodramatic in his thread titles and descriptions, and had a little patience, maybe it wouldn't "always be a waste."

I love the mod's response for closing JOEY GUNZ's sales thread,

"Please don't try to flip books you don't own."

:roflmao:

hm Wonder if these the JD copies!

:shy:

It would certainly explain JOEY's need to get the money as quickly as possible. hm

You've just got to love flippers who are too impatient to do it right. lol

edBQBeJ.gif

That guy is just batty for Famous Monsters!

Batko batty.

Amazing when it's always the same people. hm

Who, for some reason, just got a special dispensation from the mods after being vacationed for this exact thing. :shrug:

I thought he served his week, didn't he?

Who, for some reason, just got a special dispensation from the mods after being vacationed for this exact thing. :shrug:

Actually I didn't pay attention to the dates, but based on this thread, I figured he got a break. Now that I think about it, the title could just mean that he served his week. :shrug:

He did. But then he started this thread, in Comics General, right after he came back, the mods moved it to the Water Cooler, where it was then locked.

Almost like the mods didn't want any points given or taken. hm

well everything in that thread except the take it and winner by the op got poofed. i didn't think it was poop but i guess anything outside of takeit, and glwts is TK

Of course it was poop. Talking about how he's abusing the comic...how's that not going to affect a possible sale? Send comments like that in a PM, or bring it here. Sales threads are for selling comics, not ripping on comics others are selling. And CC knows that ... he's made similar comments about stuff I was selling, but knew to do so in a PM.