• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That was the second locked thread of the day wasn't it? Not doing anything to push our luck on this topic is most likely the right choice for a bit.

That was the second locked thread of the day wasn't it? Not doing anything to push our luck on this topic is most likely the right choice for a bit.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Arch has pretty much already made it clear that the rules are going to stand as they are. The more we "push" for change, and/or irritate the mods, the more likely we are that the mods will just shut the sales forums down.

We're reaching a point where the mods probably get at least 30-50 "notify" notices in just the sales area, every day. If and when it becomes too much of a nuisance, we'll lose it.

Until we can reach a point where we could have "civilized" discussions about updating the rules, without all the bickering, whining, and clique vs. clique arguing, the mods aren't going to take any of our ideas, not matter how sensible and/or how much easier they would make it for the mods, and make any changes. The back-and-forth "chirping", boardies posting just for the sake of posting in the threads where we are trying to come up with changes, and then the inevitable flood of memes and .gifs, must make the mods look at us as a group, and think we're a bunch of uncontrollable chimps.

If we as a board truly wish to implement change, then we're going to have to somehow figure out a way to discuss then vote what changes we think should be made. If this could somehow be achieved, I believe that the mods would listen to our ideas and suggestions, and perhaps even implement a few of them.

Do some people here read or are oblivious/naive? The OP is on the HALL OF SHAME and you want to buy a book and ask for references? GIVE ME A BREAK......

Umm, I believe the entire thread has been messin' with the OP's head ever since HarveySwick's first post...

I might be wrong, there could be a legitimate post or two in here, from folks that didn't originally click on the link, but my Snarkmeter is pegging tight against the stop post

:wink:

:thumbsup:

and they wonder why they cannot get Forum Sales reform with voting the 200 posts/60 day requirement threadlock....

:roflmao::eyeroll::facepalm:

-slym

Do some people here read or are oblivious/naive? The OP is on the HALL OF SHAME and you want to buy a book and ask for references? GIVE ME A BREAK......

Umm, I believe the entire thread has been messin' with the OP's head ever since HarveySwick's first post...

I might be wrong, there could be a legitimate post or two in here, from folks that didn't originally click on the link, but my Snarkmeter is pegging tight against the stop post

and they wonder why they cannot get Forum Sales reform with voting the 200 posts/60 day requirement threadlock....

-slym

I am so glad the mods have not killed that thread. Let the OP squawk away and remind everyone who you are dealing with.

6ejq0.jpg

-slym

I am so glad the mods have not killed that thread. Let the OP squawk away and remind everyone who you are dealing with.

6ejq0.jpg

If I had a father who pretend died, I would be very pretend upset with you posting all those memes :grin:

Without the extra words in black on the left side this time.

-slym

Thank you (worship)

The scariest thing posted in this whole thread - that you don't know how to make your own avatars. :baiting:

6ejq0.jpg

If I had a father who pretend died, I would be very pretend upset with you posting all those memes :grin:

That's a lot of pretending going on.

(:

Without the extra words in black on the left side this time.

-slym

Thank you (worship)

The scariest thing posted in this whole thread - that you don't know how to make your own avatars. :baiting:

You're right, I was being lazy. I should've asked my wife to do it for me :sorry:

Hi guys! Quick question :)

I have a few prints I'd like to sell. I was thinking ebay but I think I'll post them on the board instead and see what happens. But where?

I thought about putting them in the OA marketplace, but these are not original art pieces... but limited edition signed 11x17 prints...

So..... Mixed Age and Misc marketplace section?

-slym

6g6vc.jpg

I was not surprised to see that almost 40% of the votes in that poll support potential scammers smh...

Can I ask on what basis you assume that a "no" vote equals support for scammers? You're just kidding, right?

I was not surprised to see that almost 40% of the votes in that poll support potential scammers smh...

Can I ask on what basis you assume that a "no" vote equals support for scammers? You're just kidding, right?

Not kidding

Who wouldn't want to try to make the boards a better/safer place for sales by implementing some tighter rules with all the NOOB sellers/buyers around here in the past few months who can't take the time to read the rules of the forums, or try to scam someone out of money. Maybe giving a grace period to these new people will allow for the proper time to learn some board etiquette before buying/selling?

Also, adding a waiting period for new sellers who are trying to scam may eventually drive them away from here because they don't want to wait weeks to be able to sell since they are looking for the quick $$$ from those people who are caught off guard. It also forces them to interact on the boards by having a post count and gives the rest of the community a chance to get a feel of who the boardie is before deciding to buy from them when they have 1 post. 2c