• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And why said HOS member can come in here and mock us, the rules, and his punishment with no repercussions.

I find it frustrating as well, but remember that WE put people in the HOS, not the Mods. We don't chose who is banned.

I've seen HOS members banned when there was a threat involved, when there was a specific issue such as shills, but unless you can find one of those issues, just plain market place misbehavior does not cut it.

I think if you take Arch's rule in the context of...they are NOT going to Police the forum, you may see a better picture.The HOS is all us, not them.

I was tempted to ask SolarCadet why he'd start a sales thread when he's out of town, but I would hate to keep bumping his thread.

Asking him questions, just puts him on the top. If you let him bump the thread himself too often, we'd have a legitimate complaint about the thread.

In other words, you can let SolarCadet1 win the battle, but we need to win the war.

His sales thread is up, but I think based on what's happen, it's safe to say he's going to have less trades, way less sales, and slowly go to obscurity if we just ignore him moving forward.

And why said HOS member can come in here and mock us, the rules, and his punishment with no repercussions.

I find it frustrating as well, but remember that WE put people in the HOS, not the Mods. We don't chose who is banned.

I've seen HOS members banned when there was a threat involved, when there was a specific issue such as shills, but unless you can find one of those issues, just plain market place misbehavior does not cut it.

I think if you take Arch's rule in the context of...they are NOT going to Police the forum, you may see a better picture.The HOS is all us, not them.

I was tempted to ask SolarCadet why he'd start a sales thread when he's out of town, but I would hate to keep bumping his thread.

Asking him questions, just puts him on the top. If you let him bump the thread himself too often, we'd have a legitimate complaint about the thread.

Though he is "out of town" he is able to ship out right away... maybe the books are already packed up ready to be shipped like those really good deal books on ebay when you ask the seller for additional photos to prove they have the book and they reply sorry already boxed up.

He's bumped it twice in a row now. One of those two was in answer to a question, so it won't count.I figured if he bumps it again I would hit the button for extraneous bumping.

That is if people would just STOP asking him questions, lol.

2zo9enp.gif

Any attention to his thread just bumps it to the top. People are on notice re: this guy. Let his thread be buried.

Exactly...and if he does bump it, we can ask to have it pulled for violating the rule about bumping. A rule that's pretty easy to quantify.

2zo9enp.gif

Any attention to his thread just bumps it to the top. People are on notice re: this guy. Let his thread be buried.

Exactly...and if he does bump it, we can ask to have it pulled for violating the rule about bumping. A rule that's pretty easy to quantify.

Or we could bump all the threads around it so it magically finds itself on the second page. :devil:

2zo9enp.gif

Or we could bump all the threads around it so it magically finds itself on the second page. :devil:

hm

2zo9enp.gif

Lemonade from lemons;)

thank you for pointing this out how to prevent any legitimate complaints :)

No more bumping...got it (thumbs u

lol

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

Wouldn't it have been so much easier to admit you screwed up, show a little remorse, and stay in the good graces of a great community of comic collectors? Look at the amount of effort you have to put in to maintaining your current behavior. Is it worth it?

Did you really think I didn't know you were reading the thread? If you would just look in the mirror and realize that instead of acting like a teenager on hormone overdrive you should just grow up and be HONEST, you might do well here. People tend to be forgiving if your actions change.

Since you ARE reading...why not take a short (6 month voluntary vacation ) spend some time with your family and start over again once you've taken some time to reflect.

Did you really think I didn't know you were reading the thread? If you would just look in the mirror and realize that instead of acting like a teenager on hormone overdrive you should just grow up and be HONEST, you might do well here. People tend to be forgiving if your actions change.

Since you ARE reading...why not take a short (6 month voluntary vacation ) spend some time with your family and start over again once you've taken some time to reflect.

fn54A.gif

fn54A.gif

lol

Sharon - we could only hope and :wishluck: that he'd smarten up and do that. But something tells me any guy that lies about his father being dead to get out of buying a comic book has no honor and his actions after the fact show that he's just a troll that likes the attention.

I don't think he's going away any time soon.

In that case, only thing to do is ignore and ostracize him so we don't :troll:

This really feels like CAP FREAK all over again.

:(

Do you think you Veterans could put together a thread that describes the members of the HoS and what got them there (at least the ones we can talk about)? Kinda like a 30 for 30 on each of them so that us n00bs can be in the know. Then we could sticky the thread. Was Cap Freak the golden age kid?

Do you think you Veterans could put together a thread that describes the members of the HoS and what got them there (at least the ones we can talk about)? Kinda like a 30 for 30 on each of them so that us n00bs can be in the know. Then we could sticky the thread. Was Cap Freak the golden age kid?

Sounds like a Swick project.

if people took this request seriously, it would be so cool if it was done

if people took this request seriously, it would be so cool if it was done

So "someone" should do this so that you guys don't have to.

Sounds like a plan...while you wait for that to get completed for you, keep posting!

(thumbs u