• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

1) I've seen the :takeit: if so and so passes posted several times, usually when someone posts a pending take it. Don't think there is any issue with it especially when dealing with a thread without pics. (though there have been many discussion about whether you can trump a pending take it with an unconditional take it.

This is the way I'd look at no pic threads. :insane:

IF the seller says "pending pics" is OK in their rules - an unconditional takeit doesn't trump the pending pics takeit - they are equal thus timestamp prevails

IF the seller doesn't specify and lists without pics then I think anyone posting a "pending pics" should ask if it's acceptable to claim in this way to clarify the seller's rules position. (shrug)

1) I've seen the :takeit: if so and so passes posted several times, usually when someone posts a pending take it. Don't think there is any issue with it especially when dealing with a thread without pics. (though there have been many discussion about whether you can trump a pending take it with an unconditional take it.

This is the way I'd look at no pic threads. :insane:

IF the seller says "pending pics" is OK in their rules - an unconditional takeit doesn't trump the pending pics takeit - they are equal thus timestamp prevails

IF the seller doesn't specify and lists without pics then I think anyone posting a "pending pics" should ask if it's acceptable to claim in this way to clarify the seller's rules position. (shrug)

I've always found those "PENDING PICS" situations to be a slippery slope to an argument between forumites over who truly took a book if someone came along and stated "TAKE IT" with no conditions. But I would blame the seller for not describing the book adequately, or posting any pictures.

Which is why we have guideline #7 (List scans or information about the grade of the offered books). So maybe that rule needs to be enforced more?

(shrug)

A comment about the :takeit: Pending pics process.

It's clear the latest trend on the Boards is to put your books up for sale the moment the grades are known. In theory, I've got no problem with this, it's not an integrity issue. However, it can take a full week or more for the books to arrive from CGC. This means you have a :takeit: Pending pics hanging out there for a week. In all probability, someone else will :takeit: from under you. So the :takeit: Pending pics is a very weak offer and, IMO, doesn't work, useless.

It's clear the latest trend on the Boards is to put your books up for sale the moment the grades are known. In theory, I've got no problem with this, it's not an integrity issue. However, it can take a full week or more for the books to arrive from CGC. This means you have a :takeit: Pending pics hanging out there for a week. In all probability, someone else will :takeit: from under you. So the :takeit: Pending pics is a very weak offer and, IMO, doesn't work, useless.

I've had that happen to me...where I posted a :takeit: pending scan, only to have someone just buy it sight unseen. I don't even bother with pre sales anymore 2c

I think it's only a "weaker takeit" if a seller doesn't specify he accepts "pending pics".

I agree it's a trend but I think sellers should be stating clearly whether "unconditional trumps pending" or if "pending pics" is accepted.

Edited by bababooey

Did anyone see this?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7399107#Post7399107

just curious what the group thought?

I'm curious whether wipple is going to let him off the hook on this one, or whether wipple is going to formally ask for an explanation/PM timestamp...say, over in the PL discussion thread....

Guys are missing the point.

1) Gambit wanted it pending pics

2) Wipple :takeit: if Gambit passes (all good thus far)

3) Wipple informed he gets it if Gambit passes

4) Gambit Passes

5) Wipple doesn't win the book

No, we're talking about Jaybuck's post not jsilvers (shrug)

I have an opinion on the other one (similar to yours I'd assume) but it doesn't matter unless wipple complains here about it, right?

4) Gambit Passes

I have an opinion on the other one (similar to yours I'd assume) but it doesn't matter unless wipple complains here about it, right?

My bad.

I think others should be entitled to know if a seller is doing shady business on the boards. Whether or not he shares may be a different story.

4) Gambit Passes

My bad.

I think others should be entitled to know if a seller is doing shady business on the boards. Whether or not he shares may be a different story.

So whipple could have that addressed if he wanted to. good info to know.

Thanks!

4) Gambit Passes

My bad.

"Doesn't matter" was a poor choice of words :foryou:

I meant that unless buyer or seller come to clarify or complain, making it a topic of discussion.....we're just left to update our own spreadsheetz© based on what we see in that thread.

:popcorn:

No, the point is that people should follow the guidelines and not post sales threads before they a) have the book in hand or b) have a scan or picture up.

deadhorse2.jpg

Not going to happen. Individuals want to capitalize right away when they can. Cons/exclusives/presales/hype etc. Not saying it is right, just saying it won't happen.

just got off the phone with CGC. She said

So the CGC is a she, huh. hm

He didn't say "the" he just said "CGC" ...that "the" person, has to be male;) :rulez:

I'm calling her "the CGC", not him. :makepoint:

Did anyone see this?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7399107#Post7399107

just curious what the group thought?

I think we need to report threads that do not "List scans or information about the grade of the offered books".

There are too many people popping up with "Selling X Big Ticket Book" and then they leave it at that, and then post an image (or not) much later.

In light of recent events I could see how you would feel that way, but Gambit did it correctly, his takeit was pending pics.

My question was more to the second buyer who posted his :takeit: if Gambit passed but it turns out he didn't win the item. Hadn't seen that before.

Is that actually binding?