• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's not harsh. I have been on both ends of what happens when you run your mouth. Guess what, feelings get hurt. I realize I am the minority here as I will actually stand up for myself, but what kind of place did you grow up where you never had to answer for your actions? If you did it, you did it. Man up and take your lumps.

+1

Me and you both. It's tough for someone who's never dealt with either end of that to understand it, but you learn respect real quick.

+1

Respect. Man I sometimes wonder if the world even knows what it means anymore :(

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

No offense intended as I don't know you or your history with Rupp. I don't think you deserved it at all. But with all due respect, the avatar is a cartoon, not a Picture of you.

Maybe you are more sensitive than I am. I don't think I would give a care if someone made a meme of my Avatar in a negative light. It does not define me.

Regardless, it obviously upset you and he should apologize. I don't think people should engage in behavior that upsets others.

Did you think the blood and bone shooting out of the side were a nice touch? Those weren't cartoons. Did you like the hate speech?

A negative light?!?! You have got to be kidding me. A negative light?

Wow.

Yeah, I saw it. Like someone else said, it looks like that Robot Chicken animation. And I do not condone hate speech in the least. This entire fiasco is very upsetting because I love this place and enjoy interacting with everyone here.

I don't know his motivations for creating that image and my hope is he comes on here and apologizes. I am not belittling your feelings in the least, I just question Rupps motives and intent. I do not believe he desires to hurt anyone.

His motivations seem to be pretty clear.

He cowardly makes memes in the shadows and sends them to all his buddies and they have a nice guffaw about it.

I have always stuck to telling people publicly that I don't like them or their cowardly bs when they want to pull their games with stuff like this. What did that get me?

Rupp calling me a troll while constantly taking shots at me and others and backpedaling to saying it was a joke when confronted. Bosco and Rupp jumping happily on the bullying train when I told, publicly, another member exactly what I thought of him. Rupp and his buddies publicly railing against the LTPC when gee, the group that had the most fun with that silliness included myself and Fingh and Logan....

How many PMs do you think that well rounded group of pals sent out about myself and my friends while I called them out publicly and they retreated to the same old "you should really just let it go" bs?

They would send a ten year old to a therapist if he drew something like this and the morally outrageous of you here would pontificate about it until you were sufficiently assured that everyone was aware of how morally just you are.

But a 40+ year old man holding grudges and making this tripe over and over and over is just a joke? Just some cartoons. How quickly did Rupp respond to me with a meme? Then claim he has me on ignore but he has that meme with a picture I posted on these boards five years ago within minutes?

We are all identified by our avatars and clearly associated with them so it is exactly the same as if he took a real picture of Sean and posted it with his brains blown out.

:facepalm: I can't hit this enough.

Oh and seanfingh, my earlier statement is nothing towards you. I don't even know you, even though your sarcastic posts towards me when I first got here were noted. I understand where they come from having been here a few months, what with all the activity from members who live for nothing more than causing this community headache after headache. Most of what I know about you is that you have some pretty damn awesome books, and I respect your knowledge of comic history, and Sam Kieth in particular. You seem alright in my book thusfar, and I will agree that you have a right to be upset.

Sean makes sarcastic remarks towards everyone, but you have to know the man a bit. I would defend him or anyone else who was the victim of this type of mindless garbage being posted.

I meet up with Sean every year at Wizard, and he's a good guy to have on these boards and hang out with, and I'm not the most personable of people.

And after just catching up on all this, its just a shame what these boards are becoming.

You ain't kidding. :jokealert:

I wonder if the radio silence has anything to do with the negative attention affecting future sales threads. Perception of someone's reputation online is so very fragile - and when the reputation is tied into selling product, well, things get messy.

I remember collecting comics in the late 70's and early 80's in Northern California, and I certainly didn't have to get along with the dealer's back then... just bring cash. Heck, a lot of my buys were through the mail, never knowing the personality/politics or intolerances of the seller!

I am following along with great interest as I am also noticing this type of conflict on another collector board of an author I collect.

Dan

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

No offense intended as I don't know you or your history with Rupp. I don't think you deserved it at all. But with all due respect, the avatar is a cartoon, not a Picture of you.

Maybe you are more sensitive than I am. I don't think I would give a care if someone made a meme of my Avatar in a negative light. It does not define me.

Regardless, it obviously upset you and he should apologize. I don't think people should engage in behavior that upsets others.

Did you think the blood and bone shooting out of the side were a nice touch? Those weren't cartoons. Did you like the hate speech?

Wow.

Yeah, I saw it. Like someone else said, it looks like that Robot Chicken animation. And I do not condone hate speech in the least. This entire fiasco is very upsetting because I love this place and enjoy interacting with everyone here.

I don't know his motivations for creating that image and my hope is he comes on here and apologizes. I am not belittling your feelings in the least, I just question Rupps motives and intent. I do not believe he desires to hurt anyone.

He cowardly makes memes in the shadows and sends them to all his buddies and they have a nice guffaw about it.

I have always stuck to telling people publicly that I don't like them or their cowardly bs when they want to pull their games with stuff like this. What did that get me?

Rupp calling me a troll while constantly taking shots at me and others and backpedaling to saying it was a joke when confronted. Bosco and Rupp jumping happily on the bullying train when I told, publicly, another member exactly what I thought of him. Rupp and his buddies publicly railing against the LTPC when gee, the group that had the most fun with that silliness included myself and Fingh and Logan....

How many PMs do you think that well rounded group of pals sent out about myself and my friends while I called them out publicly and they retreated to the same old "you should really just let it go" bs?

They would send a ten year old to a therapist if he drew something like this and the morally outrageous of you here would pontificate about it until you were sufficiently assured that everyone was aware of how morally just you are.

But a 40+ year old man holding grudges and making this tripe over and over and over is just a joke? Just some cartoons. How quickly did Rupp respond to me with a meme? Then claim he has me on ignore but he has that meme with a picture I posted on these boards five years ago within minutes?

We are all identified by our avatars and clearly associated with them so it is exactly the same as if he took a real picture of Sean and posted it with his brains blown out.

Bolded for Truth.

Dan

Wow.

My avatar is death... Just sayin'

Then claim he has me on ignore but he has that meme with a picture I posted on these boards five years ago within minutes?

Ok...that is disturbing. I know as well as anyone else that if you upload something online, it's there until nuclear winter or the sun blows up. But to have something that handy, just sitting on your harddrive? Yeah, that is troublesome.

I have no issues with ANYONE on this site. Other than some people gouge a bit more than others when it comes to a sale. But that smells a bit more than just a regular feud between people.

Wow.

Yeah, I hate it for you guys. In a perfect world we would all get along. It is so hard to get context and tone from typing, texting and places like this.

I worry for todays generation that text all day and never actually speak to someone. You can't learn proper social behavior that way.

I pray you guys can come together and get this worked out. I don't want to see anyone run off the boards if at all possible.

Not radio silence Dan... just catching up.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Some sort of statement towards this that doesn't degenerate into a verbal battle over past differences would go a long way to explain the situation.

I think comix4fun had simply asked for you to clarify if you had made these meme's or not. This would go a long way towards resolve.

Okay. Glad I had a chance to take a break from this situation and get some family time in.

Park, do you actually believe all this you are jotting down? Because now I can see where a lot of the animosity and back-and-forth fights come from.

You are trying to pitch that Rupp and I attempted to bully you. This has been a back-and-forth fight across the board and so many stupid topics and opinions that it is just crazy on everyone's part.

Rupp would get into it over the whole PM situation with Graham Cracker when yet again Casey would not let it go. Someone would be talking about a topic that had nothing to do with a PM, and Casey would offer up "Why don't you post the PM's? That's the thing to do" and somewhere add Rupp's username to the post. He does it now with Hado over the stupid Solarcadet1 comic comment. This is what people do on here to continue a fight.

You are not innocent in this. And neither is Seanfingh, Ditch, Logan510. Ogami got involved because he feels he is defending Sean. I can respect someone defending a friend.

And the whole Locked Thread Point thing - give it a break. It is clear what people do to get a thread locked. Someone did it last week in a thread when they stated "This thing needs to get shut down" and posted a picture of a girl in a racey outfit. It is not the intent of the LTC to lock them like that. But people getting carried away with the game can't control themselves.

Try and pitch there was an attempted bully situation with you, and I'll have to call you grossly mistaken.

I knew there were people that did not get along well on the boards but not to this extent. Murder Avatars are no joking matter. Heck, I didn't even realize there were cliques until now. I guess that means I am not in one. Story of my life!

Rupp, I have never met you and always had the impression you were a good member on the boards but you don't seem to be taking this serious. If you did not have bad intent and just took an inside joke too far, then just come out and say so. Give an apology or don't. If it was bad enough that it bothers Fingh, who loves a good joke as much as anyone then I am going to take his word this was out of line.

One thing that really bothers me is that there are still these stupid "clicks" here, and mocking each other behind there backs. I have never, ever been able to stand talking behind peoples backs. I find it immature and just pathetic. You don't like someone, fine. You wanna run your mouth, do it to me, dont let me hear it from someone else. Honestly, you groups suck the absolute fun out of collecting, and the other half of you are seemingly scared to death to actually function like an adult. The fact that you attacked a mans family, is just far past any getting over. If it were me, I would not stop until you were banned. And to say anyone should get over it is wrong as well. The next of sean being murdered, well you are a pathetic pile of dog feces, if you dislike him to that point you need to settle things.

I spent years upon years never dealing with such ridiculousness. Where I come from, this would have you fighting. You can't just go and disrespect people like this and expect nothing to happen. Seriously, being a spineless worm is pathetic and maybe you should consider your actions. People like this are the exact type of coward who go and shoot up public places because they can't deal with the fact that people don't like them.

Hey Pat,

I've always respected your forthright nature, man. I have.

Here's a visual representation about what you're talking about and what's become an epidemic around here with some guys.

6xs0c.jpg

I am obviously the passive..

Naw, you're all above the surface man. If you mean it you say it.

Addressing these as we go...

Boscoe, you act like this is something out of character for rupp. Certainly you remember all the memes he did make public of killing/torturing one of my avatars. In one of his clowneython threads he even ran a contest encouraging other boardies to make memes doing the same. A contest which i believe you participated in.

This is inaccurate.

Boscoe never participated in any game or actions involved with "torturing" your cartoon avatar.

You might have it confused with this contest from a 10/8/11 thread ... where one or two other boardies may have used your avatar to "beat the mudd outta Rupp".

CRUCIFY OR BEAT THE MUDD OUTTA RUPP CUT & PASTE CONTEST

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5156752&fpart=77

It's totally ok to have a beef with me Green... but lets get this one thing clear between us.

Boscoe had nothing to do with it.

Okay. Glad I had a chance to take a break from this situation and get some family time in.

Park, do you actually believe all this you are jotting down? Because now I can see where a lot of the animosity and back-and-forth fights come from.

You are trying to pitch that Rupp and I attempted to bully you. This has been a back-and-forth fight across the board and so many stupid topics and opinions that it is just crazy on everyone's part.

Rupp would get into it over the whole PM situation with Graham Cracker when yet again Casey would not let it go. Someone would be talking about a topic that had nothing to do with a PM, and Casey would offer up "Why don't you post the PM's? That's the thing to do" and somewhere add Rupp's username to the post. He does it now with Hado over the stupid Solarcadet1 comic comment. This is what people do on here to continue a fight.

You are not innocent in this. And neither is Seanfingh, Ditch, Logan510. Ogami got involved because he feels he is defending Sean. I can respect someone defending a friend.

And the whole Locked Thread Point thing - give it a break. It is clear what people do to get a thread locked. Someone did it last week in a thread when they stated "This thing needs to get shut down" and posted a picture of a girl in a racey outfit. It is not the intent of the LTC to lock them like that. But people getting carried away with the game can't control themselves.

Try and pitch there was an attempted bully situation with you, and I'll have to call you grossly mistaken.

When you say that I am not innocent in this does that mean that i deserved to have that meme made? Or that my behavior on here excuses the murder meme?

Slow down fellas... I'm getting to it.

This is all so crazy.

If someone sent me threatening PMs and I felt that I was being ridiculed. I would definitely out the person here.

We are suppose to be a community of people talking about comics. But yet some get this feeling that they can't stand about another person they probably have never met and they go crazy.

That's just human nature though in this world we live in.

I'm just glad we have some board members with their heads screwed on right.

(Thumbs u

I never sent a single PM to anyone who is the subject of the cartoon memes that are being mentioned here... containing said cartoon memes.

I never posted any such meme to this board. Any one who has a link to anything posted publically here, feel free to share it.

As I reiterated to Ditch earlier, I deny, nor corroborate anything said here.

I've read this sentence over and over and I don't want to misunderstand what you said, so I will ask, what do you mean by this?

I am just stumbling over how it's worded. Usually "nor" comes after a "neither". So before I assumed what you were saying I figured I should just ask flat out.

In case this got lost, this was really my question. I just, honestly, could read what you wrote two different ways and I didn't want to get the wrong idea.

Are you denying doing these or not?

I've read this sentence over and over and I don't want to misunderstand what you said, so I will ask, what do you mean by this?

I am just stumbling over how it's worded. Usually "nor" comes after a "neither". So before I assumed what you were saying I figured I should just ask flat out.

In case this got lost, this was really my question. I just, honestly, could read what you wrote two different ways and I didn't want to get the wrong idea.

It didn't. I mentioned it again as well, as it seems, to me at least, to be the crux of the whole thing and should be addressed

He is not answering on purpose. If he didn't do it, it would have been an emphatic no.

I'm one of those who normally don't post in these mixes but after reading through, I, too, find the content of the memes disturbing. I don't have any animosity against Rupp but the lack of judgement and/or character in creating (or even just sharing) such content is unsettling. I haven't seen them nor do I wish to.

I do want to share that I have found Sean to be nothing other than helpful to me. I have asked his advice on SS and other comic-related questions and he has always taken the time to give me a thoughtful response.

If the content of the PMs is what is being shared, it's just plain wrong.