• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I will say about this n00bs / vet feud that always seems to pop up

I can understand the frustration some vets feel about new members and I certainly can relate to the low tolerance against n00bs

What I can't understand is how quickly some members on either side are so quick with this anger and hostility to one another without really knowing the person

I get some of us get off on the wrong foot but is that enough to hate someone you've never met and just based on some interactions on a chat board

I think you'll find most of us have more things in common than differences

And if you don't like or get along with someone, just ignore them and move on.

Life's too short and anger is such a wasteful form of energy

In no way am I trying to diminish how folks feel about what Rupp has done. I have no right to tell you how to think, let alone feel

I wanted to add that Rupp has been PMing with me to explain to me that the memes about me were not aimed at me and it makes sense to me that they were just jokes to be used in related threads. I've been the convenient butt of people's jokes since I joined and I'm OK with that. :D

I explained that I didn't understand or really like that type of humour but I also personally understand South Park humour and I realize it isn't everyone's flavour, mine especially although I'm just as guilty as anyone of saying offensive things at the wrong time.

I don't think he's a nutter personally but then I'm not an expert. I do think that people who want to get along can always find a way but then I am known as the resident hippie optimist. I'm happy to support whatever the community wants though.

I'll leave it up to the rest of you guys who are involved with the memes how you want to handle (or feel about) the other memes.

But really I just typed this out to use as many Canadian spellings as I could to irk Pat. :grin:

I wanted to add that Rupp has been PMing with me to explain to me that the memes about me were not aimed at me and it makes sense to me that they were just jokes to be used in related threads. I've been the convenient butt of people's jokes since I joined and I'm OK with that. :D

I explained that I didn't understand or really like that type of humour but I also personally understand South Park humour and I realize it isn't everyone's flavour, mine especially although I'm just as guilty as anyone of saying offensive things at the wrong time.

I don't think he's a nutter personally but then I'm not an expert. I do think that people who want to get along can always find a way but then I am known as the resident hippie optimist. I'm happy to support whatever the community wants though.

I'll leave it up to the rest of you guys who are involved with the memes how you want to handle (or feel about) the other memes.

But really I just typed this out to use as many Canadian spellings as I could to irk Pat. :grin:

Whatever... GA DC is still better than junky Timely books. And raw books shouldnt be priced at GPA.

I will say about this n00bs / vet feud that always seems to pop up

I can understand the frustration some vets feel about new members and I certainly can relate to the low tolerance against n00bs

What I can't understand is how quickly some members on either side are so quick with this anger and hostility to one another without really knowing the person

I get some of us get off on the wrong foot but is that enough to hate someone you've never met and just based on some interactions on a chat board

I think you'll find most of us have more things in common than differences

And if you don't like or get along with someone, just ignore them and move on.

Life's too short and anger is such a wasteful form of energy

In no way am I trying to diminish how folks feel about what Rupp has done. I have no right to tell you how to think, let alone feel

I chalk it up to the fact that its the internet. I think there are WAY too many people online these days, and it's just so easy to vent your daily frustrations on complete strangers who have no way of knowing who you really are.

I've known people online who are complete jackanapes online, who turn out in real life to be totally shy, quiet and meek. Keyboard warriors. The sooner people realize that their online life follows them around in real life in the form of karma, the sooner people will just let spoon go and get on with trying to be decent human beings.

Thats my outlook on it anyways.

Canadian spellings :cloud9:

People love drama. It's human nature.
I love Chicken, and Beef. [/quote

Steak!

Doesn't sum up humanity at all. Some people love drama. And it follows them everywhere they go.

Steak!

Doesn't sum up humanity at all. Some people love drama. And it follows them everywhere they go.

I'm a vegetarian

Steak!

I'm a vegetarian

Steak!

I'm a vegetarian

I used to be. Came to the conclusion that it wasn't the right thing for me. As soon as I started eating a little bit of animal product my complexion changed for the better to the point that my coworkers noticed without me saying anything.

Now I just eat what's convenient when it's convenient. lol

I'd like to nominate the CGC grading team for the PL after the ole' color touch fiasco.

:jokealert:

Is it safe to return to that kind of conversation stream soon?

Mods notified.

Derp!!!! See everyone in another life!

Steak!

I'm a vegetarian

Tool :cloud9:

Dear god I just realized how much I missed listening to Tool...

I think humanity could benefit just a little from Maynard

Anyways, here is to reconciliation and a abandonment of hate.

Reaching_color_high.jpg