• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Dear god I just realized how much I missed listening to Tool...

I think humanity could benefit just a little from Maynard

Anyways, here is to reconciliation and a abandonment of hate.

Maynard is shot, he is scared of people.

I will say about this n00bs / vet feud that always seems to pop up

I can understand the frustration some vets feel about new members and I certainly can relate to the low tolerance against n00bs

What I can't understand is how quickly some members on either side are so quick with this anger and hostility to one another without really knowing the person

I get some of us get off on the wrong foot but is that enough to hate someone you've never met and just based on some interactions on a chat board

I think you'll find most of us have more things in common than differences

And if you don't like or get along with someone, just ignore them and move on.

Life's too short and anger is such a wasteful form of energy

In no way am I trying to diminish how folks feel about what Rupp has done. I have no right to tell you how to think, let alone feel

You never get a second chance to make a first impression 2c

Dear god I just realized how much I missed listening to Tool...

I think humanity could benefit just a little from Maynard

Anyways, here is to reconciliation and a abandonment of hate.

Maynard is shot, he is scared of people.

Considering the things that dude has been through...Don't blame him one bit

I can understand the frustration some vets feel about new members and I certainly can relate to the low tolerance against n00bs

What I can't understand is how quickly some members on either side are so quick with this anger and hostility to one another without really knowing the person

I get some of us get off on the wrong foot but is that enough to hate someone you've never met and just based on some interactions on a chat board

In no way am I trying to diminish how folks feel about what Rupp has done. I have no right to tell you how to think, let alone feel

To closed minded people perhaps. Respect always has the ability to be earned

People love drama. It's human nature.
I love Chicken, and Beef. [/quote

Steak!

Doesn't sum up humanity at all. Some people love drama. And it follows them everywhere they go.

I'm a vegetarian

Attaboy! :headbang:

:facepalm:

People screw up. If they work at it and make genuine changes in their life and WANT to do better, who are we to judge that? It's what the society is based on. Criminals are put to "justice" and put through a system that is supposed to show them the errors of their ways. Everyone gets out eventually and is given a second chance. Whether they change and learn anything is entirely up to them.

There are people who I deemed not worth my time upon first meeting them, only to see in time that they were pretty decent and cool people.

To think so black and white is to be mentally shut out. Thats MY two cents

Edited by MetalPSI

People screw up. If they work at it and make genuine changes in their life and WANT to do better, who are we to judge that? It's what the society is based on. Criminals are put to "justice" and put through a system that is supposed to show them the errors of their ways. Everyone gets out eventually and is given a second chance. Whether they change and learn anything is entirely up to them.

There are people who I deemed not worth my time upon first meeting them, only to see in time that they were pretty decent and cool people.

Did you read what I actually wrote? Take it literally...as I meant it. Now look at everything you wrote to me and ask yourself who's looking to be offended here.

C'mon dude.

Did you read what I actually wrote? Take it literally...as I meant it. Now look at everything you wrote to me and ask yourself who's looking to be offended here.

C'mon dude.

I re-read it and I took it one way. I looked at it in the sense that people don't have a second chance when meeting someone for the first time and that impressions stick to closed minded people.

I based it on judgement. That is the vibe I get from you, that is the direction I took it.

I took offense to you facepalming me because its a disrespectful gesture, along with following what you think of noobs, continues that bias.

Anyways....I am not one for explaining myself, I am not good at it. But thats the best I can do

C'mon dude.

I re-read it and I took it one way. I looked at it in the sense that people don't have a second chance when meeting someone for the first time and that impressions stick to closed minded people.

I based it on judgement. That is the vibe I get from you, that is the direction I took it.

I took offense to you facepalming me because its a disrespectful gesture, along with following what you think of noobs, continues that bias.

Anyways....I am not one for explaining myself, I am not good at it. But thats the best I can do

You're judging me...based on a few things you've seen me say. Is that fair?

Practice what you preach sir.

C'mon dude.

Actions, words,and all that. What else have I got to go on? You routed me with the facepalm. I am letting you know it pissed me off.

C'mon dude.

Actions, words,and all that. What else have I got to go on? You routed me with the facepalm. I am letting you know it pissed me off.

Instead of arguing with you like other n00bs have done with me, telling me how I should feel or to get over it....

I will offer a sincere apology and say I meant nothing by it and I was hoping the commercial I posted would let you know it was meant tongue in cheek.

I'm sorry that what I did upset you.

Cool? :foryou:

Instead of arguing with you like other n00bs have done with me, telling me how I should feel or to get over it....

I will offer a sincere apology and say I meant nothing by it and I was hoping the commercial I posted would let you know it was meant tongue in cheek.

I am pleasantly surprised.

I respect you for your apology. We cool :)

I think Casey was specifically talking about a 1st impression but I personally pay closer attention to the later impressions to see if the 1st impression is consistent or an act.

Casey is right, you can't make a 1st impression more than once but I prefer a real impression.

Oh, and boobies. :devil:

I am pleasantly surprised.

I respect you for your apology. We cool :)

Thank you, I appreciate it. :)

I think Casey was specifically talking about a 1st impression but I personally pay closer attention to the later impressions to see if the 1st impression is consistent or an act.

Casey is right, you can't make a 1st impression more than once but I prefer a real impression.

Oh, and boobies. :devil:

There's another angle on this that I found fascinating...sometimes first impressions are the truest because of later rationalizations and the ability of the mind to use its full capacity, much of it unexplainable with logic. This leads to a gut reaction that is often correct, even though there seemingly wasn't enough information to process a result.

There's a great book on this by Malcolm Gladwell called Blink.