• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

How long would you wait to file a Paypal claim if you haven't received the books you paid for? It has been two weeks from payment date. The seller said he would be shipping them the next week so it has been a week since they were to be shipped, I leave for a TDY at the end of the week and don't want to have to deal with a paypal claim while I'm away. Sent seller a message and have not received a reply nor has the seller been on the boards since the 25th. Advice?

How long would you wait to file a Paypal claim if you haven't received the books you paid for? It has been two weeks from payment date. The seller said he would be shipping them the next week so it has been a week since they were to be shipped, I leave for a TDY at the end of the week and don't want to have to deal with a paypal claim while I'm away. Sent seller a message and have not received a reply nor has the seller been on the boards since the 25th. Advice?

The boards are a lot less like ebay and sellers here have lives etc. You have a good 30 (or is it 60) days with paypal before you need to file a claim. I would wait a bit more and go from there.

You have 45 days. You're good. I assume your expectations are high because you're leaving on vacation?

I wouldn't call a TDY a vacation. It a military term for temporary duty assignment.

The thing that makes me nervous is no contact, no board activity and the link to his store in his signature says it no longer exists. I will see what this week bring and go from there, thanks.

You have 45 days. You're good. I assume your expectations are high because you're leaving on vacation?

I wouldn't call a TDY a vacation. It a military term for temporary duty assignment.

The thing that makes me nervous is no contact, no board activity and the link to his store in his signature says it no longer exists. I will see what this week bring and go from there, thanks.

Thank you for your service Shadow! I was on a few TDY's in my day.

Did the MCS non-scam thread go poof, or am I blind?

Such a shame, was going to post the mediation results there when paypal, the bbb and the bank all did their investigation and made their decision.. ah well..

Such a shame, was going to post the mediation results there when paypal, the bbb and the bank all did their investigation and made their decision.. ah well..

You STILL don't think you're wrong, huh? :D

You STILL don't think you're wrong, huh? :D

Nope, I sent them the correct information, and gave them plenty of time pre-delivery to contact UPS and have the package re-routed... any reputable business would take care of customers.. but anyway, will still post results when they come in.. not going to get into it in this thread (even though trolls need something to do)

Edited by Lancedg79