• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol

I prefer VISA but you have to pronounce it with a soft "V"

Amex likes us....and never once had a problem. So I don't hesitate to pull the trigger on "50/50" deals.

Never thought about this before, but how does one pay with their credit card through PayPal?

lol

I prefer VISA but you have to pronounce it with a soft "V"

Amex likes us....and never once had a problem. So I don't hesitate to pull the trigger on "50/50" deals.

Never thought about this before, but how does one pay with their credit card through PayPal?

On my account, I can manually switch it from Paypal balance ( or drawing from a checking account) to one of two credit cards, for every transaction. Cash is the default, but it is easy to switch for whatever reason.

So people hit the BIN on seemingly good deals (because, cool books) and then when it's suggested that they might get scammed, they simply proclaim, "doesn't matter, I'm covered"

What they fail to realize is that they are still supporting and enabling the scammers. Yeah, they are protected and the CC company will bail them out, but the scammer runs away with the money as well.

I've seen this play out a few times on the boards. Why do people support potential scammers?

Confused,

Jeff

Assuming that a new member who posted nice books at nice prices is automatically a scammer makes you seem ignorant. But what's new, huh?

While it may seem suspicious on the outside, I did not get the feeling that its a scam. None of the books listed/purchased were "too good to be true" deals. Just good deals.

If its a scam, then it'll be revealed shortly. If not, then I feel I made a good purchase.

I guess you're just looking for board fodder to complain about....par for the course

So people hit the BIN on seemingly good deals (because, cool books) and then when it's suggested that they might get scammed, they simply proclaim, "doesn't matter, I'm covered"

What they fail to realize is that they are still supporting and enabling the scammers. Yeah, they are protected and the CC company will bail them out, but the scammer runs away with the money as well.

I've seen this play out a few times on the boards. Why do people support potential scammers?

Confused,

Jeff

potential profit ? :shrug:

Sadly when looking at AjaxFarrell's ad, I wonder if some of the "scammers" are relying on the credit cards paying as well. ..and thus then not getting in trouble.

Assuming that a new member who posted nice books at nice prices is automatically a scammer makes you seem ignorant. But what's new, huh?

While it may seem suspicious on the outside, I did not get the feeling that its a scam. None of the books listed/purchased were "too good to be true" deals. Just good deals.

If its a scam, then it'll be revealed shortly. If not, then I feel I made a good purchase.

I guess you're just looking for board fodder to complain about....par for the course

I think it's more risk/reward re the profit, Brock. Some people ...most probably you, are willing to take more risk for potential profit.

Some of us are more cautious, or less profit oriented. I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with it, Different personas

I think some people are getting way too sensitive about everything

I think it's more risk/reward re the profit, Brock. Some people ...most probably you, are willing to take more risk for potential profit.

Some of us are more cautious, or less profit oriented. I'm not saying there is necessarily anything wrong with it, Different personas

I think some people are getting way too sensitive about everything

What's that supposed to mean?? :sumo:

We deal with scammer new members here all the time...it's not a rare occurrence.

Confused,

Jeff

Another way to look at it is that the risk takers remove the risk from the market for the benefit of those who might make an errant purchase. If it's a scam, Columbia will probably out the guy for the better of the community. Economies are all encompassing. They don't only have one side. Ying and yang.

It's important to seperate personal preferences from 'right and wrong'.

Good point, Roy. Just remove the "g" from ying and I'm 100% in agreement.

Damn touch screen tablet!

Ying and Yang. I thought it might be a new Vegas act with white tigers.

It is. Yin's little cousin Ying is filling in while Yin is doing his...thing.

:D