• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

That has nothing to do w/how to deliver a proper apology, Rupp.

Button humped

Only apology I think that is needed should come from RMA's parents lol

... and that's just a joke RMA... don't get your transistor radio headset in a bunch ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

And, for future reference...an apology is genuine when the actions that follow support, rather than contradict, it.

Apology - a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another:

As I said, I tried to help you,

I didn't ask for your help. I'm learning it's your way to give advice or "help" everyone on here

Your lack of self-awareness is bold.

Maybe, but here's something about you may not be aware of.... I went back and looked at your recent posts. I stopped at Jan 1. There were 2200 posts, and not 1 where you are buying or selling a comic. But a WHOLE lot where your trying to "help" people. I'm not saying that's wrong, I just find that interesting hm

Then maybe you can address what he has said instead of attacking his character, throwing out non-sequiturs, and calling anyone who agrees with him, sheep, which is not only pretty damn insulting but also wildly_fanciful_statement

Then maybe you can address what he has said instead of attacking his character, throwing out non-sequiturs, and calling anyone who agrees with him, sheep, which is not only pretty damn insulting but also wildly_fanciful_statement

Go back a few pages and see how it it started

I didn't re-open this can of worms. I simply stated that this is how I run my sales thread even though Ive been ridiculed for it.

My post was not aimed at anyone nor did it mention anyone specifically. Mike chose to chime in and take a few shots at me. Fine. I took one shot back and then left Mike alone (even though a few more were fired my way) That doesn't mean my apology back in August was insincere. That's just stupid to think that. Because RMA repeats it over and over again, that somehow made it a fact??

Feelings change right? Howard Stern and Rosie O'Donnell becoming friends proves that. lol So I'm not going to spend the rest of my days saying sorry every time the incident is mentioned.

RMA decided to voice his opinion about the situation. By doing so he called my character into question. He's quick to point out things about others, so I pointed out something about him I found interesting.

Because we don't see eye to eye on the intent or sincerity of my apology that makes me dis-honorable? Do you really believe that?

If you don't like me, or think I'm an a-hole, or don't like the way I run my threads.... That's fine, I accept that. But don't call me dis-honest or not honorable. That's what's wildly_fanciful_statement

As far as the sheep comment, sorry. CG is more of a click. And if your not in it... Oh Boy!

Edited by Spider-Dan

This situation has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me, Dan. Discussing me, and anything about me, is not relevant. The issue is simply this: is it possible for you to understand and admit that the way you handled the DD #1 situation was not optimal, and in the process, unnecessarily aggravated a customer by pulling the rug out from under him in a deal he already thought was made?

Whether you agree with the reasons or not, can you simply say "I'm sorry that happened, and I'm sorry my decisions caused it" without qualification? If you can't, then you lack empathy (the ability to understand someone else's feelings), and that will cast a cloud over all your future dealings ("is he going to pull the rug out from under me, too?")

That's all that matters.

PS. I buy and sell plenty on this board, and have for many years. You continue to make these weird mistakes, like assuming that because someone doesn't buy and sell publicly that they don't buy and sell at all.

Critical thinking is vital, Dan.

Go back a few pages and see how it it started

I didn't re-open this can of worms. I simply stated that this is how I run my sales thread even though Ive been ridiculed for it.

My post was not aimed at anyone nor did it mention anyone specifically. Mike chose to chime in and take a few shots at me. Fine. I took one shot back and then left Mike alone (even though a few more were fired my way) That doesn't mean my apology back in August was insincere. That's just stupid to think that. Because RMA repeats it over and over again, that somehow made it a fact??

No.

It's a fact because it's true. You weren't sincere then ("APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED, THREAD DERAILED!!") and you aren't sincere now. You were never sincere. You don't think there was anything the slightest bit faulty about the way you handled the transaction, and you don't care that it affected someone, as evidenced by your comments to "get over it" now. If you need to tell everyone how "humble" your apology was, perhaps "humble" isn't really the word for it...?

hm

That's what it boils down to.

As far as the sheep comment, sorry. CG is more of a click. And if your not in it... Oh Boy!

"You're", and "clique." Said to annoy you? No, but so that you can use the words properly...because people judge us on how we write, whether they admit it or not.

Not your enemy, Dan.

This situation has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me, Dan. Discussing me, and anything about me, is not relevant. The issue is simply this: is it possible for you to understand and admit that the way you handled the DD #1 situation was not optimal, and in the process, unnecessarily aggravated a customer by pulling the rug out from under him in a deal he already thought was made?

Whether you agree with the reasons or not, can you simply say "I'm sorry that happened, and I'm sorry my decisions caused it" without qualification? If you can't, then you lack empathy (the ability to understand someone else's feelings), and that will cast a cloud over all your future dealings ("is he going to pull the rug out from under me, too?")

That's all that matters.

PS. I buy and sell plenty on this board, and have for many years. You continue to make these weird mistakes, like assuming that because someone doesn't buy and sell publicly that they don't buy and sell at all.

Critical thinking is vital, Dan.

You are absolutely right. The situation HAD nothing to do with you. But your continuing unsolicited advice or "help" as you call it, brought you into it.

And I did apologize originally when it all happened publically and privately. But what you don't seem to understand or acknowledge is that in my eye's the only thing I did wrong is not get to the PM fast enough so I could mark it sold for him. That doesn't mean I still don't feel bad for Mike does it? You feel bad for him and you did nothing wrong in this situation. Go back and re-read both the threads (I warn you it's mind numbing) you will not find any statement made by me saying "too bad Mike" or "tough :censored: ", so STOP saying I didn't empathize with him.

Having never dealt with this type of situation, I did what I felt was right. No matter which way it went, someone was going to be upset, so the best choice was to follow the rules I created. Whether you agree with them or not, they were there and I made the right decision. Many people at the time agreed with me. You and others didn't. I can't change that.

Of my many successful sales here on the Boards this is my only (I think) hiccup. And it got blown WAY out of proportion. That's probably my fault for starting the apology thread. Again, I was trying to do what's right.

I never said you don't buy and sell. I just said there were no public records of you buying or selling out of the 2200 posts this year. I have to be honest though... the few I clicked on did have you correcting what some people were saying. So that does make it feel a little less personal.

But what you don't seem to understand or acknowledge is that in my eye's the only thing I did wrong is not get to the PM fast enough so I could mark it sold for him..

That's what everyone has been saying all along, Dan. You don't think you did anything wrong. That's the root of all of this. Every bit of it.

Carry on.

:popcorn:

It's a fact because it's true. You weren't sincere then ("APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED, THREAD DERAILED!!") and you aren't sincere now. You were never sincere. You don't think there was anything the slightest bit faulty about the way you handled the transaction, and you don't care that it affected someone, as evidenced by your comments to "get over it" now.

Are we even reading the same thread??

"You're", and "clique." Said to annoy you? No, but so that you can use the words properly...because people judge us on how we write, whether they admit it or not.

I know my spelling sucks - but that's just sad

But what you don't seem to understand or acknowledge is that in my eye's the only thing I did wrong is not get to the PM fast enough so I could mark it sold for him..

That's what everyone has been saying all along, Dan. You don't think you did anything wrong.

You highlighted it yourself :pullhair:

everyone (shrug)

That's the problem Dan, you just don't get it

Good Luck

:popcorn:

(Figured I would save you the time :foryou: )

I'd just drop it, Dan. I don't know what rainbow crawled up RMA's leg, but he has been posting ad nauseam, jiving and jabbing and pontificating at all manner of things yet often saying he has no skin in the game.

Don't feed it and it will stop growing, at least a little bit.