• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I effed up. I created my rules hoping to avoid confusion, but in the end I actually ended up making things more confusing. That is my responsibility. As a result, I'm not sure there was a 'right' way to go, but ultimately I had to choose. I chose the way that I thought was 'more right', and while I stand behind that decision, I completely understand your frustration with situation, and I can and do see things from your side, which is more than reasonable. I'm really sorry I created this situation, especially to you and the other customers. I will make my rules more clear in the future.

Again, I apologize. I hope you can understand that I'm trying to sort out an effed up situation I created.

Took me 45 seconds to write the above. 30 seconds of editing. Could have saved 112 pages of threads and months of butthurt.

Hell people can just cut and paste that into any number of threads where this happens.

Note: In business, especially sales or retail, its not always about being right, or even doing right, but usually about letting your customers know that you CARE about them, and that you hope to do things MORE RIGHT going forward (whether you mean it or not). No one expects you to get everything right every time, and sometimes you'll be put in a lose-lose. THat isn't lost on customers if you have the right attitude.

:applause:

How about some Stevie Ray?

Wow, she can sing too. I was impressed enough with the guitar.....

She's got a ton of songs. Nice voice.

Yes

Voice

She's purty. She looks a lot better in her vids where she's not so made-up.

:cloud9:

jenn.jpg

I effed up. I created my rules hoping to avoid confusion, but in the end I actually ended up making things more confusing. That is my responsibility. As a result, I'm not sure there was a 'right' way to go, but ultimately I had to choose. I chose the way that I thought was 'more right', and while I stand behind that decision, I completely understand your frustration with situation, and I can and do see things from your side, which is more than reasonable. I'm really sorry I created this situation, especially to you and the other customers. I will make my rules more clear in the future.

Again, I apologize. I hope you can understand that I'm trying to sort out an effed up situation I created.

Took me 45 seconds to write the above. 30 seconds of editing. Could have saved 112 pages of threads and months of butthurt.

Hell people can just cut and paste that into any number of threads where this happens.

Note: In business, especially sales or retail, its not always about being right, or even doing right, but usually about letting your customers know that you CARE about them, and that you hope to do things MORE RIGHT going forward (whether you mean it or not). No one expects you to get everything right every time, and sometimes you'll be put in a lose-lose. THat isn't lost on customers if you have the right attitude.

So that one time when I saw my boss throw a customer out into the parking lot by his belt and the scruff of his neck was not cool? lol

I agree, customer service is all about perception of the customer. You can spill a plate of soup on a customer and they can still come back and be your best customer as long as they believe you care.

So that one time when I saw my boss throw a customer out into the parking lot by his belt and the scruff of his neck was not cool? lol

I agree, customer service is all about perception of the customer. You can spill a plate of soup on a customer and they can still come back and be your best customer as long as they believe you care.

"Well, they spilled soup on me and then threw me into the parking lot, but they have such great prices!"

ALL Australian guys look like that.

Except for the ones who look like Chris Hemsworth.

You mean they don't all look like these guys?

I don't look at all like those guys. But I fear that I sound a bit like them... :eek:

I've often wondersd,folks that speak multiple languages and dialects...do they think in their minds with all of them,or mostly the native tongue?myself,i speak two languages fairly fluently...and since I speak one more than the other,think mostly in that.but do find myself thinking at times in the other...only noticing really if I'm stuck on a word..?

I've often wondersd,folks that speak multiple languages and dialects...do they think in their minds with all of them,or mostly the native tongue?myself,i speak two languages fairly fluently...and since I speak one more than the other,think mostly in that.but do find myself thinking at times in the other...only noticing really if I'm stuck on a word..?

I have thought about this as well. I remember a very few times, when I was in my fourth year of Spanish, dreaming in Spanish for part of a night's sleep. But I don't ever remember thinking in Spanish without trying to. And it never happened again after I was done actively studying.

I have thought about this as well. I remember a very few times, when I was in my fourth year of Spanish, dreaming in Spanish for part of a night's sleep. But I don't ever remember thinking in Spanish without trying to. And it never happened again after I was done actively studying.

English was my mother's second language. She told me that she always thought in Norwegian and spoke in English, but then one day decades later everything changed and she started thinking in English.

English was my mother's second language. She told me that she always thought in Norwegian and spoke in English, but then one day decades later everything changed and she started thinking in English.

It's the same for me - Danish is my native tongue, but I switched over to thinking/dreaming in English 3-4 years ago. I still count in Danish for some reason, though.

I often find myself thinking and replying to people in Mandarin.

I often find myself thinking and replying to people in Mandarin.

Mentally, I swear in Italian. There's no substitute.

My grandmother was raised in Holland and came to Canada after WW2.1945 actually.She says she still thinks in Dutch,or Hollander as she calls it,but has difficulty speaking it as she seldom gets the opportunity.Apparently before i was enrolled in school,I was fairly fluent in Dutch but lost it once I was in Kindergarten and they started teaching me French,and I was not using it often anymore.

Anyone have a member send you a PM asking for your best price on bundling a couple comics, you send an offer back (a pretty fair one), and then the other member just removes him/herself from the PM?

No, "no thanks" or "that's too high", just removes and that's it?

Another one going on the list.