• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'd like to report a boardie who sells here and on eBay.

I made a joke in his thread, and all I got was a lol .

I called all my friends and they felt the joke was clearly worth a :roflmao: or at the very least a lol lol lol .

I'm only doing this out of the goodness of my heart to protect other boardies from this sort of treatment.

A few months ago I put in a best offer for a CGC book listed on eBay. The eBay store is a board member here under the same name. The offer was for $100.The BIN was $125. I am still a little disappointed in that the seller did not respond with a counter/decline. I got not response. I asked the seller in one email if they had gotten my offer. No response. I checked their feedback on eBay and they had a few negatives pointing towards an indifferent incompetence to their merchandise and customers.

I later purchased the book in the same grade elsewhere for $95 dollars. My offer was not out of line I feel. I am not trying to start a tit for tat here which is exactly what I avoided on eBay.

My concern is would I be out of line to inform other board members of them? Would any one care to hear the name of the boardy? Or is more trouble than its worth because I know where the grass is greenest and I should take my issue out to pasture?

As I said in the other thread...

The seller has no obligation to accept an offer and although a response is nice, you have no idea why they wouldn't have responded. Away on vacation? Forgot? Couldn't be bothered? It happens.

Unless the person is a thieving, scamming con artist that everyone needs to be made aware of I don't think what they do out there has any bearing in here.

While we're calling out board members...I would like to call out Vintage comics for only having two books listed on his website a few weeks ago. Not that I can afford anything he has for sale... but I still like to look at his "spoon".

:cry:

I'd like to nominate you for being mean!!!!

I'd like to report everybody for any potential issue that may or may not occur within the next 50 years.

That should do it

You're going to have to name names.

PM me for the scans that will consider the winner unless books are wanted.

I need a translation, I am not really sure what this means? I think he usually speaks English, so the only thing I can come up with is that he was using his phone and left out the words "be" and "not" ...and maybe one or two more.

If I remember correctly, he has a hearing disability so English isn't perfect for him.

How does a hearing disability affect one's typing?

I seemed to remember him excusing his typing and saying it was because of his hearing disability at one point.

People generally type the way the speak, don't they? Many people with hearing disabilities have trouble speaking so I assumed the two were related.

You'll have to ask him to be sure though. (shrug)

Doesn't make sense to me, but whatevs.

ASL places the noun in different spots. Usually it comes at the beginning. It isn't always grammatically incorrect, but it has a different sound. As Roy said, many people type like the speak.

People that are deaf or hard of hearing also have written issues that might make it difficult for them to learn in school. I student taught in a room with a student that was deaf, and she had a lot of writing issues. We usually just helped her do multiple drafts or allowed her to use a computer to point out the mistakes.

I'm not an expert, but I took ASL in college and found the deaf community really interesting. It is something we don't talk about, but they have a rich language and culture.

The attached article also states that 20-50% of students that are deaf have other accompanying learning disabilities. The article even states it is hard to diagnose because may students go to schools without the proper resources.

https://www.gallaudet.edu/clerc-center/information-and-resources/info-to-go/educate-children-(3-to-21)/students-with-disabilities.html

I think Fing should call Jolly out on it and see if he's faking. lol

Why would you think shenanigans?

:gossip: Hado doesn't like me and likes to troll me with snarky comments.

Untrue, I like you just fine, and like to troll you with snarky comments.