• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

PM me for the scans that will consider the winner unless books are wanted.

I need a translation, I am not really sure what this means? I think he usually speaks English, so the only thing I can come up with is that he was using his phone and left out the words "be" and "not" ...and maybe one or two more.

If I remember correctly, he has a hearing disability so English isn't perfect for him.

How does a hearing disability affect one's typing?

I seemed to remember him excusing his typing and saying it was because of his hearing disability at one point.

People generally type the way the speak, don't they? Many people with hearing disabilities have trouble speaking so I assumed the two were related.

You'll have to ask him to be sure though. (shrug)

Doesn't make sense to me, but whatevs.

ASL places the noun in different spots. Usually it comes at the beginning. It isn't always grammatically incorrect, but it has a different sound. As Roy said, many people type like the speak.

People that are deaf or hard of hearing also have written issues that might make it difficult for them to learn in school. I student taught in a room with a student that was deaf, and she had a lot of writing issues. We usually just helped her do multiple drafts or allowed her to use a computer to point out the mistakes.

I'm not an expert, but I took ASL in college and found the deaf community really interesting. It is something we don't talk about, but they have a rich language and culture.

The attached article also states that 20-50% of students that are deaf have other accompanying learning disabilities. The article even states it is hard to diagnose because may students go to schools without the proper resources.

https://www.gallaudet.edu/clerc-center/information-and-resources/info-to-go/educate-children-(3-to-21)/students-with-disabilities.html

I think Fing should call Jolly out on it and see if he's faking. lol

Thanks Chris. That makes sense.

While we're calling out board members...I would like to call out Vintage comics for only having two books listed on his website a few weeks ago. Not that I can afford anything he has for sale... but I still like to look at his "spoon".

:cry:

I'd like to nominate you for being mean!!!!

You're on the list

If a book is more than $10 a picture should be required. This is getting ridiculous.

meh2c:pullhair:

So what you're saying is if I want to sell an AF #15 but I don't want to post a picture, then I just need to price it at $9.99?

hm

If I feel an offer is completely out of the ballpark I don't even bother with a counter offer. Item usually sells for $100-130 and you offer $25? Not even going to entertain this. I decline.

Item sells for $100-$130 and you offer $x and I counter and you offer $x + one cent? I don't bother the second time around.

If I feel an offer is completely out of the ballpark I don't even bother with a counter offer. Item usually sells for $100-130 and you offer $25? Not even going to entertain this. I decline.

Item sells for $100-$130 and you offer $x and I counter and you offer $x + one cent? I don't bother the second time around.

What if I offer $X and you counter offer and my response is to offer even less? hm

What if I offer $X and you counter offer and my response is to offer even less? hm

I sometimes raise my counter as a seller just to be a doosh if the buyer only ups his second offer by $1.

I sometimes raise my counter as a seller just to be a doosh if the buyer only ups his second offer by $1.

I did that once. lol

A guy on Ebay offered me 1/2 of my asking. I tried to stay calm and made a serious counter offer. He raised it by 10 cents....my counter was to go back up to 1 cent under full price (ebay doesn't let you raise the price).

I did that once. lol

A guy on Ebay offered me 1/2 of my asking. I tried to stay calm and made a serious counter offer. He raised it by 10 cents....my counter was to go back up to 1 cent under full price (ebay doesn't let you raise the price).

Buyer can make an offer above the ask. Don't know if they have fixed it since last year but it is true. Boardie called me in the middle of the night after a buyer did this and asked me to test it to see if this is possible. I bid higher than the amount being asked. Strange but true.

If a book is more than $10 $2.00 a picture should be required. This is getting ridiculous.

Fixed that;)

Personally, I take pictures of $1 books, they might be group pictures, but there are pictures. I just don't understand this no picture thingy.

If a book is more than $10 $2.00 a picture should be required. This is getting ridiculous.

Fixed that;)

Personally, I take pictures of $1 books, they might be group pictures, but there are pictures. I just don't understand this no picture thingy.

Laziness

Fixed that;)

I agree. If you don't have the time to take a picture than you don't have the time to sell the book. And if you're not going to post a picture, then at a minimum, a statement should be made regarding taking a book pending scans.