• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Last time I was there it was outside of the Spectrum, and the Dead were inside the Spectrum

Edit: And there was a Spectrum.

If that was in 1994, I'm pretty sure we were in the same chaotic lot. I did get in to one of the shows in Philly though. Awesome times, I wonder if anything will ever come close to the devotion touring Dead fans ever again on the concert scene.

Saw the Mint, Constitution Center, Independence Hall and the the tomb of the unknown revolutionary soldier. I saw the liberty bell yesterday. Any other recommendations ?

Reading Terminal Market and eat your way through it.

I miss living in Philly.

sorta.

Last time I was there it was outside of the Spectrum, and the Dead were inside the Spectrum

Edit: And there was a Spectrum.

If that was in 1994, I'm pretty sure we were in the same chaotic lot. I did get in to one of the shows in Philly though. Awesome times, I wonder if anything will ever come close to the devotion touring Dead fans ever again on the concert scene.

95, actually but 94 as well.

Saw the Mint, Constitution Center, Independence Hall and the the tomb of the unknown revolutionary soldier. I saw the liberty bell yesterday. Any other recommendations ?

Oh... And once I posted it, the seller clarified in his FS thread that they were in fact second printings.

The Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rocky statue are both musts.

Philly blows :whistle:

grumpy-cat-saying-no-105609979308.jpeg

I thought youd snuck in and stolen my cat...but remembered mine is fluffier,cuter and more cheesed off looking!

Your sometime troll,when i see your posts that is...wait,maybe cause i post positive and like you,im a stalker?

Just call me celery.

Jimmers

If I make the error I pay return postage. I suppose I could include the extra nickel to cover the time it takes to post :takeit:

(thumbs u

I was thinking more along the lines of receiving a book that did not meet my collecting criteria -- something I could have noticed with a front and back scan. I was also thinking about the time involved in repackaging a book and driving to and from the post office -- not negligible.

Though I guess what I am saying, in other words, is that no pictures, no sale. (shrug)

Then don't buy. I'll never understand why anyone feels the need to control how others wish to do business. You don't want to buy without a pic. Then take the power and don't buy without a pic. There are many willing to take a discount from a seller who wishes not to take the time to post a pic. Why take the time to try and force a pic from every seller so you feel comfortable?

Years ago there was an oldertime member here getting totally out of collecting...so he put up a page long list of books and conservative grades(i mean very ,some of thebooks he called VG were vf-) at something ridiculous,like 15\20% of guide.folks went nuts,took books pending scans ect...now this fellow stated,at these prices,pics,scans will not be made available,but offered a good return,basically shippem back,get your $$ back.well,l figured at the prices and return offer,why not?i got a massive box of keys,semi keys and just great stuff for next to nothing,and as I said,it was well graded.no need for return.he wanted the comics gone quick and took athe wallet hit for the 'laziness'.The folks refusing to buy books at 80% plus off without scans really,really missed out.

Anyhow...if the price is right...no pics and a good return are fine with me.

If I make the error I pay return postage. I suppose I could include the extra nickel to cover the time it takes to post :takeit:

(thumbs u

I was thinking more along the lines of receiving a book that did not meet my collecting criteria -- something I could have noticed with a front and back scan. I was also thinking about the time involved in repackaging a book and driving to and from the post office -- not negligible.

Though I guess what I am saying, in other words, is that no pictures, no sale. (shrug)

Then don't buy. I'll never understand why anyone feels the need to control how others wish to do business. You don't want to buy without a pic. Then take the power and don't buy without a pic. There are many willing to take a discount from a seller who wishes not to take the time to post a pic. Why take the time to try and force a pic from every seller so you feel comfortable?

Years ago there was an oldertime member here getting totally out of collecting...so he put up a page long list of books and conservative grades(i mean very ,some of thebooks he called VG were vf-) at something ridiculous,like 15\20% of guide.folks went nuts,took books pending scans ect...now this fellow stated,at these prices,pics,scans will not be made available,but offered a good return,basically shippem back,get your $$ back.well,l figured at the prices and return offer,why not?i got a massive box of keys,semi keys and just great stuff for next to nothing,and as I said,it was well graded.no need for return.he wanted the comics gone quick and took athe wallet hit for the 'laziness'.The folks refusing to buy books at 80% plus off without scans really,really missed out.

Anyhow...if the price is right...no pics and a good return are fine with me.

I very much prefer pics and generally won't buy without them, but your example makes sense. If people accept that their laziness is costing them business (in terms of volume or dollars) and they're ok with it, we should be too.

Just like when they pre-sale without pics and many people don't go back and look at that thread again and they miss out on sales they could have had. I don't understand why they do it, but I guess I have to assume they think they have some strategy that makes it worth it.

"I have for sale, 10 comics that are all 5-30 years old that are certainly valuable, but in relatively abundant supply. I cannot possibly wait 2 days to get these in hand before trying to sell them. Of course you don't have to pay until you see a picture (so I don't benefit from getting money earlier), and obviously I have to inspect the cases (which may be damaged in some way but I don't know because I haven't seen them), but I'll list them NOW (even though a movie announcement could make the price spike but I have no protection against a price drop). When I get them, I will post the scans in posts without the prices or titles so you have to keep toggling back and forth to check on prices and to see what is still available. At that time people who previously claimed in my thread will have the chance to publicly REJECT slabs in front of everyone, making some potential customer think its less desirable. Thanks for coming to my thread, I have no doubt that this is the best way to sell these comics."

Great question. I can see the buyers thought that the seller will get minus 13% if the sell it on E-Bay so why should I get the savings. I see it the other way in that the buyer would normally have to pay full price if they went to buy it on ebay or other outlets. So I'd agree it makes most sense to split the perceived benefit of selling it no fees.

Is that the fee on ebay USA?

I'm not a power seller since it takes me forever to ship books but I have a store so it's 9% to ebay and 2.9% to PayPal. If you don't have a store its 10% to ebay and 2.9% to PayPal.

Thanks for the info.

grumpy-cat-saying-no-105609979308.jpeg

I thought youd snuck in and stolen my cat...but remembered mine is fluffier,cuter and more cheesed off looking!

Your sometime troll,when i see your posts that is...wait,maybe cause i post positive and like you,im a stalker?

Just call me celery.

Jimmers

lol My stalking abilities are worse than that cats....

Oh... And once I posted it, the seller clarified in his FS thread that they were in fact second printings.

Did you have a cheesesteak yet? Are you looking for any restaurant recommendations?

The first day here I went to Pats and Genos. Ordered a mushroom with wiz and onions from each and ate a little more than half of each to compare. Keep in mind that this is the closest to fast food that I have had since 2010. I thought Pats was better though they were pretty much the same and then I rushed back to the hotel as nature took its course.

Staying at the Wyndam on 4th in historic district so I went to Dinardos seafood (old city?) before the show as it was raining. I was very happy hitting up a Wawa after the show for a design your own hero / hoagie midnigt special.

Headed back to NY today after I hit up a couple of other spots.

I did go see the Rocky Statue and went through the museum. Yes, I ran up the steps. No, I did not break anything. lol

Nice city and it has been a fun three days.

It's a great town. Did you walk through the courtyard in City Hall? The architecture on the underside of that building is gorgeous.

Did you have a cheesesteak yet? Are you looking for any restaurant recommendations?

The first day here I went to Pats and Genos. Ordered a mushroom with wiz and onions from each and ate a little more than half of each to compare. Keep in mind that this is the closest to fast food that I have had since 2010. I thought Pats was better though they were pretty much the same and then I rushed back to the hotel as nature took its course.

Staying at the Wyndam on 4th in historic district so I went to Dinardos seafood (old city?) before the show as it was raining. I was very happy hitting up a Wawa after the show for a design your own hero / hoagie midnigt special.

Headed back to NY today after I hit up a couple of other spots.

I did go see the Rocky Statue and went through the museum. Yes, I ran up the steps. No, I did not break anything. lol

Nice city and it has been a fun three days.

Man you really rolled the dice. Your chances of running and breaking things is pretty... pretty.... pretty good.

selling a $1000 comic? Got big pics but can't be troubled to put a grade on it? thanks anyway bro.

selling a $1000 comic? Got big pics but can't be troubled to put a grade on it? thanks anyway bro.

I wonder what a PM would look like: "Since you are throwing the ball into my court, based on your photos, I feel this is a 6.0 and GPA says $600. Would you take $575?"