• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

"I'd also go back and grab all that yummy original artwork too right at the point the artist finished, and I knocked him/her out with my 'go to sleep' ray gun I will have created".

:cloud9:

Well that just doesn't make any sense. You'd have to wait to get it from the printers or it wouldn't be published. :makepoint:

lol

evil_plans_zps38a2b43f.jpg

"I'd also go back and grab all that yummy original artwork too right at the point the artist finished, and I knocked him/her out with my 'go to sleep' ray gun I will have created".

Well that just doesn't make any sense. You'd have to wait to get it from the printers or it wouldn't be published. :makepoint:

lol

Yeah Boscoe... get yer science right :grin:

lol

Now when General Chen from the UN Council of Financial Matters & Services sends me that fee, I won't spend any at the next Clooneython.

:sumo:

lol

Now when General Chen from the UN Council of Financial Matters & Services sends me that fee, I won't spend any at the next Clooneython.

When POV gets on here and schools you in quantum physics and the proper forum to address time travel and related topics... consider ur azz officially chewed ;)

lol

When POV gets on here and schools you in quantum physics and the proper forum to address time travel and related topics... consider ur azz officially chewed ;)

This is a subject suited to any forum. For example, first I would buy lots of 1930's dimes in good shape. Just common dates.

Then I would go back to 1938 and get as many Action 1 comics I could. I would then return to the present day, which would be unrecognizable due to the following:

A young man had heard of this new Superman character and went to his regular newsstand to buy a copy of Action 1. But earlier that day a strangely attired bearded man bought them all. Not to be daunted he traveled the city seeking out this book, only to find, again and again, that they were sold out. During the course of his pursuit he met a young lady who took his fancy. Forgetting his quest he used his dime to treat her to a Coke at the local malt shop. Love blossomed and a few years later they married.

Their only child grew up with a tremendous interest in science and science fiction, which he inherited from his father. But a scorned love turned him to the dark side.

He lost himself in science, but the memory of that unrequited love drove him deeper and deeper into madness and a loathing for all that was good and pure. He used his knowledge of science to develop a strain of resistant bacteria that drove mad all who were exposed to it. The plaque swept the city, the state, the country and soon the world.

And the world, as I knew it, was no longer.

lol

This is a subject suited to any forum. For example, first I would buy lots of 1930's dimes in good shape. Just common dates.

Then I would go back to 1938 and get as many Action 1 comics I could. I would then return to the present day, which would be unrecognizable due to the following:

A young man had heard of this new Superman character and went to his regular newsstand to buy a copy of Action 1. But earlier that day a strangely attired bearded man bought them all. Not to be daunted he traveled the city seeking out this book, only to find, again and again, that they were sold out. During the course of his pursuit he met a young lady who took his fancy. Forgetting his quest he used his dime to treat her to a Coke at the local malt shop. Love blossomed and a few years later they married.

Their only child grew up with a tremendous interest in science and science fiction, which he inherited from his father. But a scorned love turned him to the dark side.

He lost himself in science, but the memory of that unrequited love drove him deeper and deeper into madness and a loathing for all that was good and pure. He used his knowledge of science to develop a strain of resistant bacteria that drove mad all who were exposed to it. The plaque swept the city, the state, the country and soon the world.

Women are nothing but trouble :devil:

lol

That story is depressing :(

Instead of Looper... you'd be known as a Pooper :grin:

So I'm enjoying the SS Trade weekend (even though I havent pulled a trade). Would something like that ever work for general slabbed books? We could run it a'la the VCC (traders each have their one post to show books they are willing to trade, they can list books they are interested in and so on).... Would it be of enough interest to try and do something like this?

lol

Depressing? Guess you aren't much of a Bradbury or EC fan. :(

I prefer to be known as Sooper Dooper

Depressing? Guess you aren't much of a Bradbury or EC fan. :(

I prefer to be known as Sooper Dooper

I always considered POV a Super Trouper.

How do I go about reporting a sketch FASCILITATOR who's known to hold sketches until they feel like mailing them. Sketch op was started March 2012. Artist confirmed all sketches were done and subbed Summer 2012. This was Fast Tracked. December 2012, Fascilitator confirmed he already have the sketch, who knows how long the sketch has been in his possession. Another message, said he will mail it. Last message, I already asked for a refund. Message said UNREAD even though we all know how to get around that. While this guy is still posting, starting sales threads and sketch ops. Even worse, he already started an "interest" for the same artist and took sketch requests in the Facebook Sketch Fanatic page.

I'm sure some of you already know who I'm talking about. And I still have a lot to file complaint about this guy. Let's see how fair you guys are coz I'm sure if it was somebody else guy will already be in probation.

How do I go about reporting a sketch FASCILITATOR who's known to hold sketches until they feel like mailing them. Sketch op was started March 2012. Artist confirmed all sketches were done and subbed Summer 2012. This was Fast Tracked. December 2012, Fascilitator confirmed he already have the sketch, who knows how long the sketch has been in his possession. Another message, said he will mail it. Last message, I already asked for a refund. Message said UNREAD even though we all know how to get around that. While this guy is still posting, starting sales threads and sketch ops. Even worse, he already started an "interest" for the same artist and took sketch requests in the Facebook Sketch Fanatic page.

I'm sure some of you already know who I'm talking about. And I still have a lot to file complaint about this guy. Let's see how fair you guys are coz I'm sure if it was somebody else guy will already be in probation.

Applying this rule:

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

then I'd say 30 days from his PM stating he'll mail it he's PL eligible. Has it been 30 days?

Initial shipping inquiry responded on Dec. 20th 2012. And I'm sure he had the sketches (not just mine) longer than that.

I've dealt with this guy 4 times. Once he waited for another sketch so he can ship them both in the same box. Although I was charged for shipping per sketch. And forget Fast Track with this guy. It doesnt matter how fast CGC takes are of their side if FASCILITATOR will keep the sketch for months.

Then I say PM him that he's been nominated for the Probation List, and follow the procedure from there. Sounds like he's eligible based on him saying he had the book in the December PM.

And I'd be very factual about it all.

Your expectation was that books would ship once he had them.

He confirmed on Dec 20 that he had them.

It has been 30+ days since.

Thus you are nominating him for PL.

Then I say PM him that he's been nominated for the Probation List, and follow the procedure from there. Sounds like he's eligible based on him saying he had the book in the December PM.

Quite right. Use this forum to post your PL nomination:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425#Post3267425

So what "procedure" follows in order to place this facilitator on probation?

Sure I might get my sketch eventually, or maybe he'll just provide the refund I already asked for. It's just a pity that something like this is allowed to happen to someone with such reputation. And like I previously said, this guy is still posting comments & ignoring PMs. Starting sketch ops and sales thread, completely ignoring sketches he need to ship first. I know I'm not the only one waiting for their sketch, but coz of this guy's status in the boards, a lot are afraid to voice their concern. I hope you guys figure out a way to change some policy weeding such facilitators.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425#Post3267425

So I just copy and paste my previous posts in that link?

So I just copy and paste my previous posts in that link?

Yes, or better copy/paste the relevant parts into a single post. Just makes it easier to follow.