• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

An excellent example of why there are rules & standards for sales threads...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7274014#Post7274014

It's "Scam-tastic"! :D

You think?

Why would he have bothered to post the Hulk and Spider-Man in the thread if he was in negotiations with HusTruck 15 minutes before he posted the books? hm

There be something rotten in Denmark in that there thread. lol

Not to mention, he left feedback for HusTruck 6 minutes after HusTruck posted the :takeit: in the thread. lol

hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7274014#Post7274014

You think?

Why would he have bothered to post the Hulk and Spider-Man in the thread if he was in negotiations with HusTruck 15 minutes before he posted the books? hm

Not to mention, he left feedback for HusTruck 6 minutes after HusTruck posted the :takeit: in the thread. lol

hm

HusTruck takes the book at 9:35 pm PST

And then, the brand new boardie seller gives him positive feedback 6 minutes later. :roflmao:

He couldn't have even paid yet, considering they were trying to tell Hector he could have the book if he really wanted it. :tonofbricks:

You think?

hm

And then, the brand new boardie seller gives him positive feedback 6 minutes later. :roflmao:

He couldn't have even paid yet, considering they were trying to tell Hector he could have the book if he really wanted it. :tonofbricks:

Are you thinking shill?

I have had me eye on HusTruck since he appeared. This new guy sounds too good to be true, 1st he has these CGC books, then just happens to trot out a couple of keys he has laying around... I dunno. Seems fishy.

-slym

This thread of his should have told everyone to "stay away" from the beginning. lol

Hypothetical question

Say I sold some books to someone with the understanding that payment was needed by a certain time frame.

Can I opt out of the deal if he/she cannot make the payments as agreed upon?

You think?

hm

Are you thinking shill?

Ya think, bro? I don't know, bro. They could be bros or some other bromance situation.

I have had me eye on HusTruck since he appeared. This new guy sounds too good to be true, 1st he has these CGC books, then just happens to trot out a couple of keys he has laying around... I dunno. Seems fishy.

-slym

Bro, don't be like that bro. He's just a little brodifferent. What's that saying that comes to mind?

"More red flags flying than all across China."

red-flags.jpg

Hypothetical question

Say I sold some books to someone with the understanding that payment was needed by a certain time frame.

Yes. And, if I may, you probably want to do so in your particular situation, though that's just my opinion, of course.

Hypothetical question

Yes. And, if I may, you probably want to do so in your particular situation, though that's just my opinion, of course.

Are we talking about the Hulk 181 he sold to HusTruck?

Unless they worked something else out through PMs, HusTruck's got another couple days to pay.

Also, what's up with noob A selling noob B a Hulk 181, only to duke it out with him for the right to buy another copy from noob C a couple days later? :ohnoez:

Unless they worked something else out through PMs, HusTruck's got another couple days to pay.

Also, what's up with noob A selling noob B a Hulk 181, only to duke it out with him for the right to buy another copy from noob C a couple days later? :ohnoez:

I would prefer to be referred to as either "less noob" or "noob with some experience" in the story

Ah, I thought time had already expired and he was buying another 181 without having paid for the first one.

Not yet, but I've reminded him of our agreement etc. we will see what happens in the next few days