• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Phone, CC or small fee would be fine with me.

I like the CC or phone idea because it physically ties you to something rather than just an anonymous email address.

It would provide a form of discouragement for someone to come on and just spew anything they wanted.

I would also make it more difficult for people to create dozens of shill accounts.

I like the CC or phone idea because it physically ties you to something rather than just an anonymous email address.

It would provide a form of discouragement for someone to come on and just spew anything they wanted.

I would also make it more difficult for people to create dozens of shill accounts.

YES!

It would certainly make mods jobs easier. Isn't that the point of technology? To allow it to work for us?

YES!

It would certainly make mods jobs easier. Isn't that the point of technology? To allow it to work for us?

I'm down. How do we make it happen?

YES!

Didn't CAL have this idea a long time ago. :/

YES!

He wanted membership to cost something like $600 annually. Not quite the same as providing CC info or a phone number.

YES!

He wanted membership to cost something like $600 annually. Not quite the same as providing CC info or a phone number.

I was :insane:

YES!

:hi: It's been nice talking with you guys!

lol

Maybe make it a requirement that there is a picture posted with all the books in the thread as one big lot and the date written on a big piece of paper as part of the Rules section of the sales post? I'd say make it a requirement for individual books but for some of the larger sales threads it would be a daunting task and would cover up some of the scans on the books. But just throwing out the idea. I have been trying to think of a way to hold sellers and buyers more accountable on the forums for a few months, just haven't had that one great idea yet.

Maybe make it a requirement that there is a picture posted with all the books in the thread as one big lot and the date written on a big piece of paper as part of the Rules section of the sales post? I'd say make it a requirement for individual books but for some of the larger sales threads it would be a daunting task and would cover up some of the scans on the books. But just throwing out the idea. I have been trying to think of a way to hold sellers and buyers more accountable on the forums for a few months, just haven't had that one great idea yet.

We've already seen examples of some boardies demonstrating how this can easily be photoshopped...

think it was Dr Balls, but that might be wrong... There was an Incredible Hulk #1 scam that had this "proof" but later everyone saw how it was photoshopped.

We've already seen examples of some boardies demonstrating how this can easily be photoshopped...

think it was Dr Balls, but that might be wrong... There was an Incredible Hulk #1 scam that had this "proof" but later everyone saw how it was photoshopped.

28wjscw.jpg

5 Minutes. Microsoft Paint. Imagine the wonders you could do with Photoshop! :devil:

28wjscw.jpg

5 Minutes. Microsoft Paint. Imagine the wonders you could do with Photoshop! :devil:

:applause: