• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

There may be an issue in Dale's sales thread.

What do u mean?

Backing out of a deal by posting directly in the thread instead of by PM could cause an issue. We shall see.

He should have doubled the price and just resold them right in Dale's thread. lol

yeah going the "if it's all right with dale" route, before Dale's had a chance to respond is not a good move.. especially in his thread...

I thought I saw someone else do this earlier in the thread, a few days ago

FYI - Speedy I've deleted my post

The way I see it, a sales thread is the seller's kingdom. If you have questions, want to work out a deal, need to make a change...you do that with him via PM and let him update his own thread accordingly, know what I mean?

It was tonight (or yesterday if you are central and east coast)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7282675#Post7282675

Does Dale ever acknowledge that post, or re-list the book?

No I think it's completely missed. I'm sure he was tired as he didn't do a recap like he normally does

I did it because I saw someone else do it and thought it was ok. I'll delete my post.

You can still PM Dale and ask him if it's cool to back out. Just don't do it in his thread...aside from the fact that you're obligated to stick to the deal unless you both agree otherwise, it can mess with his record keeping and knock the whole thread off track. Managing records for a big sales thread is tough enough as it is, y'know?

Why post the :takeit: and then back out anyway.

Think before you buy dude :makepoint:

I can get carried away as well as the next guy, but if I do, then thats it, I bought it, my fault, they are my books now.

In the guys defense, he probably thought they were all Gold/Silver/Bronze books since that's the area he bought them from...

I'd PM the mods and ask ;)

george-photobomb_zps07749cbc.gif