• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

SO here's a question...

is it worth putting together a "common practices" text that we can have people use in PMs when they want to convey standard operating procedures that aren't guideline enforceable ones that fall under the existing "welcome to the marketplace here are the rules" text we all know?

I think it would have lots of qualifiers (like "sales typically...." or "most sellers....") but it might make for a more standard format for giving non-rule violation feedback while keeping it out of the sales thread (thus keeping it carp free) and also helping to protect people from themselves...

worth thinking about?

Some I could think of:

1. Higher dollar raw books (over $100) are typically expected to either state a grade, or provide high resolution scans. Photos, or low res scans for lower dollar raws are fine (if a grade is not possible).

2. If a back cover scan is not provided, it is expected that any issues (staining, water damage, tears, writing) be disclosed by the seller at time of listing.

#1 is already a rule, above or below $100.

How?

Hmm hm because it was a question he invited saying he had paid OSPG prices which opened the door ya know what nevermind I have no need, desire nor inclination to explain myself to you or anyone else.

If what I did was wrong and against board rules where is my strike?

Ya know why because it isn't. It might not be politically correct or an accepted practice but no where in the rules does it state you may not ask a question about his pricing especially when you were going to ask about buying other books he had listed in his previous thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7283594#Post7283594 :sumo:

How?

Hmm hm because it was a question he invited saying he had paid OSPG prices which opened the door ya know what nevermind I have no need, desire nor inclination to explain myself to you or anyone else.

Ya know why because it isn't. It might not be politically correct or an accepted practice but no where in the rules does it state you may not ask a question about his pricing especially when you were going to ask about buying other books he had listed in his previous thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7283594#Post7283594 :sumo:

Lightening_Caddyshack2.gif

How?

Note to self:

When challenging the Mods, always change the font size and color to make sure they see it.

jop bears watching when he gets back. Could be epic. :popcorn:

It's a rare gift to call it down on yourself like that....

Bears reposting....

Lightening_Caddyshack2_zps7c15589f.gif

5nf2e.jpg

SO here's a question...

is it worth putting together a "common practices" text that we can have people use in PMs when they want to convey standard operating procedures that aren't guideline enforceable ones that fall under the existing "welcome to the marketplace here are the rules" text we all know?

I think it would have lots of qualifiers (like "sales typically...." or "most sellers....") but it might make for a more standard format for giving non-rule violation feedback while keeping it out of the sales thread (thus keeping it carp free) and also helping to protect people from themselves...

worth thinking about?

Some I could think of:

1. Higher dollar raw books (over $100) are typically expected to either state a grade, or provide high resolution scans. Photos, or low res scans for lower dollar raws are fine (if a grade is not possible).

2. If a back cover scan is not provided, it is expected that any issues (staining, water damage, tears, writing) be disclosed by the seller at time of listing.

Instead of "common practices", maybe "best practices"? Not rules, not even guidelines, just what's accepted as a best practice that makes things go smoothly for all involved, especially those with a direct interest.