• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Ok my turn,

Wouldn't you think if we are worthy enough to pay $2100 for 3 copies of the same book we should also be worthy of having our PMs read?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7340606&gonew=1#UNREAD

Maybe I'm overly sensitive.

curious what would happen if someone sent him a PM of :takeit:

Ok my turn,

Wouldn't you think if we are worthy enough to pay $2100 for 3 copies of the same book we should also be worthy of having our PMs read?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7340606&gonew=1#UNREAD

He may not get it, or may have had a bad experience with missed PM's or something along those lines and is letting everyone know upfront that Email is the best way to reach him. (shrug)

Ok my turn,

He may not get it, or may have had a bad experience with missed PM's or something along those lines and is letting everyone know upfront that Email is the best way to reach him. (shrug)

It just says to me that he is happy to exploit the marketplace here but cannot be bothered to come back to check on his PMs. And my understanding is that notification of PMs can be sent to one's email. So IMO doubly lazy. 2c

Ok my turn,

Or maybe it's because 2 of the 9.8 copies are on e-bay at this very moment. Not to mention, he put them up on e-bay on the 8th, 2 full days before he listed them here. :facepalm:

I swear, I should start a career just busting these shysters, con-men, and all-around scumbags. hm

Ok my turn,

Or maybe it's because 2 of the 9.8 copies are on e-bay at this very moment. Not to mention, he put them up on e-bay on the 8th, 2 full days before he listed them here. :facepalm:

I swear, I should start a career just busting these shysters, con-men, and all-around scumbags. hm

these n00bs keep getting worse and worse

Ok my turn,

:gossip: He frequents the OA section, which doesn't have the same selling rules as the comics section. Maybe some advice, pointing him in the right direction, and that there are different rules for the comic area, might help and help him avoid having the wear the Scarlet S for scumbag.

Ok my turn,

:gossip: He frequents the OA section, which doesn't have the same selling rules as the comics section. Maybe some advice, pointing him in the right direction, and that there are different rules for the comic area, might help and help him avoid having the wear the Scarlet S for scumbag.

It shouldn't mean a "smurfs" smurf that he frequents the OA section, if he is going to be selling in these forums, he should at least have the common sense and decency to learn the rules of where and what he is posting.

He strikes me as yet another one of these, "the rules don't apply to me, I'll find somebody who will let a good value over-ride their ethics."

At this point, e-bay is making the selling threads here look like the "Wild West" instead of the other way around like it had been for over 10 years. :facepalm:

I'm betting he has multiples of the BA12.

He has three listed on ebay right now

two 9.8s and one 9.6

The 9.8s include in their title "lot 1" and "lot 4" and the 9.6 has "lot 8" in the title.

So benefit of the doubt, Im guessing he subbed at least 8 copies of BA12....

(shrug) or maybe not...

two 9.8s and one 9.6

The 9.8s include in their title "lot 1" and "lot 4" and the 9.6 has "lot 8" in the title.

(shrug) or maybe not...

Considering he doesn't appear to either answer e-mails, PM's or smoke signals, I guess it's all just speculation at this point. But his lack of communication clearing up the matter will probably get his thread nuked, as the mods will probably assume that these books were not a "board only offer", and poof it like some many of the other threads where the sellers couldn't be bothered to follow rules or communicate one way or the other.

two 9.8s and one 9.6

(shrug) or maybe not...

:o:o

You mean he may have multiples of a slabbed book??

:ohnoez:

two 9.8s and one 9.6

(shrug) or maybe not...

:o:o

You mean he may have multiples of a slabbed book??

:ohnoez:

I like how he claims he can't upload pictures to this site, yet his e-bay listings all have pictures. :eyeroll:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a thread about pressing, is this it?

Nah, haven't you heard? Whining about receiving a damaged free gift is the new "pressing" thread around here. :facepalm:

I can't believe that that "Summer's Eve" had to gall to then whine about how everyone was ganging up on him, and how mean boardies are. He was starting to sound like Mitch over in the Gold threads. :screwy:

I'd politely ask in his thread to post pictures. There's nothing wrong with asking.

Yep, and now that crassus mentions it, someone might as well post Arch's rules template citing rule #11. Or, is that one too trivial? (Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure out which rules are too trivial to enforce, and which ones are worth enforcing :shy: )