• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The last few months have had the quickest polls putting people on... then off.. the PL list.

What has happened lately to cause all these disturbances in the force?

The PL list has always had its "ups and downs" concerning usability and accurateness... but as of late this thread has been crazy.

Seriously... what has changed to cause all this?

The last few months have had the quickest polls putting people on... then off.. the PL list.

The PL list has always had its "ups and downs" concerning usability and accurateness... but as of late this thread has been crazy.

New crop of Sheriffs in town?

The community also voted Menace in, by a large margin.

The HOS is a list of the worst of the worst. Solarcadet didn't scam anyone, he said some questionable things. If that makes someone HOS worthy, the list should be much longer.

I started a poll, it will be interesting to see the results when people vote after they've calmed down.

You mean like Solarcadet, who then started changing his username twice in the same day? And one of the names was mocking Slym.

That kind of calm?

I'm not really sure what you mean.

That's because you don't have all the facts most probably due to ignoring the situation

Solarcadet, while being recommended for the HOS, decided to start changing his username. The first was caught by Slym to be mocking him because he was the most frequent supporting Solarcadet's recommendation. But then when he called this out, then he changed it the next day.

That seems like silly behavior, don't you think?

I'd bet if Manace had done the things SC1 has on top of the stuff that got M put there in the first place, he wouldn't be out of the HoS.

To me, it was easy to see that Menace belongeed on the PL, not the HoS. He can rectify his transaction problems. SC1 said things that should, IMHO, make anyone question doing business with him. See: CapFreak for further reasons why someone doesn't have to have done bad transactions to earn their spot on the HoS.

-slym

The HOS is a list of the worst of the worst. Solarcadet didn't scam anyone, he said some questionable things. If that makes someone HOS worthy, the list should be much longer.

I started a poll, it will be interesting to see the results when people vote after they've calmed down.

You mean like Solarcadet, who then started changing his username twice in the same day? And one of the names was mocking Slym.

That kind of calm?

That's because you don't have all the facts most probably due to ignoring the situation

Solarcadet, while being recommended for the HOS, decided to start changing his username. The first was caught by Slym to be mocking him because he was the most frequent supporting Solarcadet's recommendation. But then when he called this out, then he changed it the next day.

is it possible to have a discussion without getting aggressive?

That kind of calm?

Who is being aggressive? I'm stating the facts as they happened.

Calling anyone's recommendation "silly" already starts down the path of aggressive behavior, right?

I'd bet if Manace had done the things SC1 has on top of the stuff that got M put there in the first place, he wouldn't be out of the HoS.

To me, it was easy to see that Menace belongeed on the PL, not the HoS. He can rectify his transaction problems. SC1 said things that should, IMHO, make anyone question doing business with him. See: CapFreak for further reasons why someone doesn't have to have done bad transactions to earn their spot on the HoS.

-slym

Good point about Capfreak, but the prank with the phone message could have had huge ramifications.

That kind of calm?

Who is being aggressive? I'm stating the facts as they happened.

Calling anyone's recommendation "silly" already starts down the path of aggressive behavior, right?

Apologies, Silly was a poor choice of words.

New crop of Sheriffs in town?

Seems like a bunch of noobs are "deputizing" themselves and taking the "law" into their own hands. :eyeroll:

Apology accepted, and no harm done. But I'll vote the same way I did before because of Solarcadet's actions, behavior, and dismissive attitude about the entire situation.

Bragging about his post-HOS transactions is another confirmation how much he really cares.

Stupid name changes mean nothing. The only time those are held up as examples of poor behaviour is when someone "named" is trying to slink off into the shadows - that's not the case here.

2c

No, but nice try.

He did that while Slym was speaking up about his recommendation. So in his own childish way, Solarcadet was trying to be a funny man while something serious was going on.

Would you try and egg someone on while a recommendation is being made about you being on the HOS-PL, or are you going to try and talk through the situation?

Apology accepted, and no harm done. But I'll vote the same way I did before because of Solarcadet's actions, behavior, and dismissive attitude about the entire situation.

Bragging about his post-HOS transactions is another confirmation how much he really cares.

Thank you.

IMHO, the name changes show the same type of behaviour that got him nominated to begin with.

-slym

Exactly!

Like his HOS recommendation, like his transactions, like his post-HOS comments - it is a series of displays of lack of care and commitment.

Although not the strongest HOS recommendation where it comes to excessive bad transactions, he just can't help proving the right decision was made. And that is a shame.

Stupid name changes mean nothing. The only time those are held up as examples of poor behaviour is when someone "named" is trying to slink off into the shadows - that's not the case here.

2c

No, but nice try.

He did that while Slym was speaking up about his recommendation. So in his own childish way, Solarcadet was trying to be a funny man while something serious was going on.

Would you try and egg someone on while a recommendation is being made about you being on the HOS-PL, or are you going to try and talk through the situation?

Remember during this serious discussion, people were posting memes and a lot of posts were calling SC a piece of mess and what-not.

Remember during this serious discussion, people were posting memes and a lot of posts were calling SC a piece of mess and what-not.

So when Menace was being recommended - and some not-so-nice comments were made - did he change his name to mock anyone?

He made a few comments about people not emailing him so how could he be held accountable. But he didn't take the stance of "Do what you want - put me on the HOS - I'll still do business via PMs with my buddies" that I saw.

But I do agree. That is where the torch-burning statements come into the discussion when people are not too happy with the HOS-PL. People using "scumbag" or other choice terms when a recommendation is going on end up tainting the process. But in some situations (e.g. TFL and the $25K transaction and laughing it off), it just goes that way naturally.

So when Menace was being recommended - and some not-so-nice comments were made - did he change his name to mock anyone?

He made a few comments about people not emailing him so how could he be held accountable. But he didn't take the stance of "Do what you want - put me on the HOS - I'll still do business via PMs with my buddies" that I saw.

But I do agree. That is where the torch-burning statements come into the discussion when people are not too happy with the HOS-PL. People using "scumbag" or other choice terms when a recommendation is going on end up tainting the process. But in some situations (e.g. TFL and the $25K transaction and laughing it off), it just goes that way naturally.

All good points.