• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Is there any way to put limits on selling in the forums (2 months membership + 100 posts?), either through the software or in the rules?

There are just too many 1-4 post scammers trying to steal money from the forum faithful, and we really have to do something about it.

It's been discussed to death, but you have to get everyone on the same wave-length. I have no problem with putting in some kind of rule. Just my opinion though.

On the other hand though, long time members seem to jump at the bit on some of these sales threads. That's they're business too, but it's seemed to have come up on the wrong side too many times around here.

And like I've said before, lets try something. If that doesn't work, we try something else until we find the right mix for everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Well said.

I will throw in my opinion that I do not like comics being treated as a business to begin with. I am a straight up collector. The only reason I will sell my books is to get enough cash to get a book I really desire.

I feel there MAY be some inflation involved with the way some people sell here, but that is business.

Is there any way to put limits on selling in the forums (2 months membership + 100 posts?), either through the software or in the rules?

There are just too many 1-4 post scammers trying to steal money from the forum faithful, and we really have to do something about it.

It's been discussed to death, but you have to get everyone on the same wave-length. I have no problem with putting in some kind of rule. Just my opinion though.

On the other hand though, long time members seem to jump at the bit on some of these sales threads. That's they're business too, but it's seemed to have come up on the wrong side too many times around here.

And like I've said before, lets try something. If that doesn't work, we try something else until we find the right mix for everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep my money in my pocket.

Well said.

I will throw in my opinion that I do not like comics being treated as a business to begin with. I am a straight up collector. The only reason I will sell my books is to get enough cash to get a book I really desire.

I feel there MAY be some inflation involved with the way some people sell here, but that is business.

Oh man.....is this the wrong board for you lol

Well said.

Without comics being treated as a business, there would be no comics to collect.

Well said.

Without comics being treated as a business, there would be no comics to collect.

I'm pretty sure I know what he meant....I stand by what I said :)

At a minimum, someone should think about putting HusTruck into the "blocked eBay buyer list" that slym started in CG, HERE .

Speaking of which, when slym started that thread, he mentioned the possibility of, in principle, consolidating that list to make it easier to view. If we went ahead and did that consolidation, perhaps that would be an alternative place to get ne'er-do-wells on a visible list...of course, this will only work for boardies with eBay accounts... hm

Well said

Well said.

Actually, I meant for my comment to go along with yours. lol (thumbs u

Well said.

Actually, I meant for my comment to go along with yours. lol (thumbs u

They should change the name of this place to the Flippers Club ™ :grin: