• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

No offense intended as I don't know you or your history with Rupp. I don't think you deserved it at all. But with all due respect, the avatar is a cartoon, not a Picture of you.

Maybe you are more sensitive than I am. I don't think I would give a care if someone made a meme of my Avatar in a negative light. It does not define me.

Regardless, it obviously upset you and he should apologize. I don't think people should engage in behavior that upsets others.

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

Oh and seanfingh, my earlier statement is nothing towards you. I don't even know you, even though your sarcastic posts towards me when I first got here were noted. I understand where they come from having been here a few months, what with all the activity from members who live for nothing more than causing this community headache after headache. Most of what I know about you is that you have some pretty damn awesome books, and I respect your knowledge of comic history, and Sam Kieth in particular. You seem alright in my book thusfar, and I will agree that you have a right to be upset.

I won't retract anything, I say what I say. I may apologize for stating something wrong, or continue to agree if that is what I feel is best.

I can say is that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

I'm not a Family Guy, South Park, Robot Chicken kind of person. I think its beyond inane stupidity. However, I am nowhere near condoning what this meme's depict.

I just find it ..... I dunno, whats the word? Awkward? Being here and seeing these types of things come up. I dunno, everywhere I go online on north american servers where a group of people gather, its the same thing, over and over again.

Yet what you said diminished them to "hijinks" and, having been here almost 12 years, I've never seen "hijinks" that involved this type of subject matter. I don't think any of the "adults" simply brush off this type of commentary.

hm

Ok, that is a good point. I didn't look at it that way. I suppose I am thinking inward in regards to this, instead of open.

No offense intended as I don't know you or your history with Rupp. I don't think you deserved it at all. But with all due respect, the avatar is a cartoon, not a Picture of you.

Maybe you are more sensitive than I am. I don't think I would give a care if someone made a meme of my Avatar in a negative light. It does not define me.

Regardless, it obviously upset you and he should apologize. I don't think people should engage in behavior that upsets others.

Did you think the blood and bone shooting out of the side were a nice touch? Those weren't cartoons. Did you like the hate speech?

A negative light?!?! You have got to be kidding me. A negative light?

Wow.

One thing that really bothers me is that there are still these stupid "clicks" here, and mocking each other behind there backs. I have never, ever been able to stand talking behind peoples backs. I find it immature and just pathetic. You don't like someone, fine. You wanna run your mouth, do it to me, dont let me hear it from someone else. Honestly, you groups suck the absolute fun out of collecting, and the other half of you are seemingly scared to death to actually function like an adult. The fact that you attacked a mans family, is just far past any getting over. If it were me, I would not stop until you were banned. And to say anyone should get over it is wrong as well. The next of sean being murdered, well you are a pathetic pile of dog feces, if you dislike him to that point you need to settle things.

I spent years upon years never dealing with such ridiculousness. Where I come from, this would have you fighting. You can't just go and disrespect people like this and expect nothing to happen. Seriously, being a spineless worm is pathetic and maybe you should consider your actions. People like this are the exact type of coward who go and shoot up public places because they can't deal with the fact that people don't like them.

Did you think the blood and bone shooting out of the side were a nice touch? Those weren't cartoons. Did you like the hate speech?

Wow.

My five year old didn't care for it. Luckily he can't read. But I love that we have homophobes here, those same people are probably racist as well.

One thing that really bothers me is that there are still these stupid "clicks" here, and mocking each other behind there backs. I have never, ever been able to stand talking behind peoples backs. I find it immature and just pathetic. You don't like someone, fine. You wanna run your mouth, do it to me, dont let me hear it from someone else. Honestly, you groups suck the absolute fun out of collecting, and the other half of you are seemingly scared to death to actually function like an adult. The fact that you attacked a mans family, is just far past any getting over. If it were me, I would not stop until you were banned. And to say anyone should get over it is wrong as well. The next of sean being murdered, well you are a pathetic pile of dog feces, if you dislike him to that point you need to settle things.

I spent years upon years never dealing with such ridiculousness. Where I come from, this would have you fighting. You can't just go and disrespect people like this and expect nothing to happen. Seriously, being a spineless worm is pathetic and maybe you should consider your actions. People like this are the exact type of coward who go and shoot up public places because they can't deal with the fact that people don't like them.

Hey Pat,

I've always respected your forthright nature, man. I have.

Here's a visual representation about what you're talking about and what's become an epidemic around here with some guys.

6xs0c.jpg

Hey Pat,

I've always respected your forthright nature, man. I have.

Here's a visual representation about what you're talking about and what's become an epidemic around here with some guys.

6xs0c.jpg

I am obviously the passive..

Bit harsh, but cuts down to the bone. Well said

Wow.

Yeah, I saw it. Like someone else said, it looks like that Robot Chicken animation. And I do not condone hate speech in the least. This entire fiasco is very upsetting because I love this place and enjoy interacting with everyone here.

I don't know his motivations for creating that image and my hope is he comes on here and apologizes. I am not belittling your feelings in the least, I just question Rupps motives and intent. I do not believe he desires to hurt anyone.

It's not harsh. I have been on both ends of what happens when you run your mouth. Guess what, feelings get hurt. I realize I am the minority here as I will actually stand up for myself, but what kind of place did you grow up where you never had to answer for your actions? If you did it, you did it. Man up and take your lumps. Edited by The Resurrection

Wow.

Yeah, I saw it. Like someone else said, it looks like that Robot Chicken animation. And I do not condone hate speech in the least. This entire fiasco is very upsetting because I love this place and enjoy interacting with everyone here.

I don't know his motivations for creating that image and my hope is he comes on here and apologizes. I am not belittling your feelings in the least, I just question Rupps motives and intent. I do not believe he desires to hurt anyone.

All I can say to that is I hope you are right.

It's not harsh. I have been on both ends of what happens when you run your mouth. Guess what, feelings get hurt. I realize I am the minority here as I will actually stand up for myself, but what kind of place did you grow up where you never had to answer for your actions? If you did it, you did it. Man up and take your lumps.

I meant your wording more than your context being harsh lol

I agree with comix4fun, you dont screw around. Been a long time since I have seen someone lay it straight in a manner that is actually befitting a rational human being.

I know what its like being a doosh and being pushed around by a doosh. Glad to see there are others who are sick of the entire fiasco of cowards.

Oh and seanfingh, my earlier statement is nothing towards you. I don't even know you, even though your sarcastic posts towards me when I first got here were noted. I understand where they come from having been here a few months, what with all the activity from members who live for nothing more than causing this community headache after headache. Most of what I know about you is that you have some pretty damn awesome books, and I respect your knowledge of comic history, and Sam Kieth in particular. You seem alright in my book thusfar, and I will agree that you have a right to be upset.

Sean makes sarcastic remarks towards everyone, but you have to know the man a bit. I would defend him or anyone else who was the victim of this type of mindless garbage being posted.

I meet up with Sean every year at Wizard, and he's a good guy to have on these boards and hang out with, and I'm not the most personable of people.

And after just catching up on all this, its just a shame what these boards are becoming.

It's not harsh. I have been on both ends of what happens when you run your mouth. Guess what, feelings get hurt. I realize I am the minority here as I will actually stand up for myself, but what kind of place did you grow up where you never had to answer for your actions? If you did it, you did it. Man up and take your lumps.

+1

I agree with comix4fun, you dont screw around. Been a long time since I have seen someone lay it straight in a manner that is actually befitting a rational human being.

I know what its like being a doosh and being pushed around by a doosh. Glad to see there are others who are sick of the entire fiasco of cowards.

I don't like people to ahve to think about what I mean when I speak. It's laid out black and white.

Sean makes sarcastic remarks towards everyone, but you have to know the man a bit. I would defend him or anyone else who was the victim of this type of mindless garbage being posted.

I meet up with Sean every year at Wizard, and he's a good guy to have on these boards and hang out with, and I'm not the most personable of people.

And after just catching up on all this, its just a shame what these boards are becoming.

Although I am not up for just defending anyone, I will agree with you whole heartedly on your stance. I only say I will not defend just anyone because I have been on the wrong end of that a few times, having been taken advantage of my good nature by the very sleazeball cowards I avow to never deal with.

+1

Me and you both. It's tough for someone who's never dealt with either end of that to understand it, but you learn respect real quick.

I don't like people to ahve to think about what I mean when I speak. It's laid out black and white.

I wish I could communicate like that. I can easily screw up "Good morning" by saying nonsensical drivel about how it's technically not morning in Japan