• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You don't get to tell me what to do. But thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it.

No worries at all. Count on the same, no matter how much you guys try.

I don't know what that means. I'm trying to figure out how I am going to continue to enjoy this place. i'm trying to make sure that I don't have to hear anything that even comes close to me deserving the murder meme. And I'm trying to figure out how worried I should be at the end of the day. I don't have enough energy to tell you what to do. I'm trying to figure out what I should do.

Rupp,

Please tell him you didn't mean any hostility and just made a stupid mistake. This guy does not need to be worrying about all this for no reason.

Judging by the timeline I'm putting together via others, this group has been really "worried" about this for at least a few months. PM me Paul ;)

You nerds are hilarious with your inane squabbles. lol

We love each other :foryou:

I have honestly given up on whether any of the players here are serious or not. I think I will go read some Arsenic Lullaby. And if you read stuff like that, you should probably be locked away.

+1 I really have a hard time telling also. Except for Park. He is convincing.

Yeah, it's all a big joke. We're all just prepping for the big April Fools festivities.

doh!

I have honestly given up on whether any of the players here are serious or not. I think I will go read some Arsenic Lullaby. And if you read stuff like that, you should probably be locked away.

Yeah, it's all a big joke. We're all just prepping for the big April Fools festivities.

doh!

I guess I am done trying to figure this out then. If I was as upset as you guys, going back and forth on an internet chat board would be the last thing I would be doing.

Edited by faster friends

Okay. Glad I had a chance to take a break from this situation and get some family time in.

His motivations seem to be pretty clear.

He cowardly makes memes in the shadows and sends them to all his buddies and they have a nice guffaw about it.

I have always stuck to telling people publicly that I don't like them or their cowardly bs when they want to pull their games with stuff like this. What did that get me?

Rupp calling me a troll while constantly taking shots at me and others and backpedaling to saying it was a joke when confronted. Bosco and Rupp jumping happily on the bullying train when I told, publicly, another member exactly what I thought of him. Rupp and his buddies publicly railing against the LTPC when gee, the group that had the most fun with that silliness included myself and Fingh and Logan....

How many PMs do you think that well rounded group of pals sent out about myself and my friends while I called them out publicly and they retreated to the same old "you should really just let it go" bs?

They would send a ten year old to a therapist if he drew something like this and the morally outrageous of you here would pontificate about it until you were sufficiently assured that everyone was aware of how morally just you are.

But a 40+ year old man holding grudges and making this tripe over and over and over is just a joke? Just some cartoons. How quickly did Rupp respond to me with a meme? Then claim he has me on ignore but he has that meme with a picture I posted on these boards five years ago within minutes?

We are all identified by our avatars and clearly associated with them so it is exactly the same as if he took a real picture of Sean and posted it with his brains blown out.

:facepalm: I can't hit this enough.

Park, do you actually believe all this you are jotting down? Because now I can see where a lot of the animosity and back-and-forth fights come from.

You are trying to pitch that Rupp and I attempted to bully you. This has been a back-and-forth fight across the board and so many stupid topics and opinions that it is just crazy on everyone's part.

Rupp would get into it over the whole PM situation with Graham Cracker when yet again Casey would not let it go. Someone would be talking about a topic that had nothing to do with a PM, and Casey would offer up "Why don't you post the PM's? That's the thing to do" and somewhere add Rupp's username to the post. He does it now with Hado over the stupid Solarcadet1 comic comment. This is what people do on here to continue a fight.

You are not innocent in this. And neither is Seanfingh, Ditch, Logan510. Ogami got involved because he feels he is defending Sean. I can respect someone defending a friend.

And the whole Locked Thread Point thing - give it a break. It is clear what people do to get a thread locked. Someone did it last week in a thread when they stated "This thing needs to get shut down" and posted a picture of a girl in a racey outfit. It is not the intent of the LTC to lock them like that. But people getting carried away with the game can't control themselves.

Try and pitch there was an attempted bully situation with you, and I'll have to call you grossly mistaken.

Not even close to anything I said and it is written in plain English right above your post. I never even intimated anyone bullied me. :eyeroll: That isn't even spin. That is just flat out lying. This is the epitome of you as a poster on this board. Deflect, spin, use buzzwords.

Please look up intellectual dishonesty.

This is about what your buddy Rupp has done and what you are trying to do to minimize it and spin it. Not once has he came within shouting distance of some type of remorse or an apology or any humility. That is more telling than anything else and the people paying attention see this. You keep trying to shift this to me. Brilliant strategy you came up with there. Fight facts with buzzwords and spin.

Let me clue you in to something. You and Rupp are showing your true character and lots of people are watching.

I doubt I will respond to Rupp anymore as it serves no purpose. I have no more use for him.

My opinion of you should be clear but lots of people vouch for you and that gave you the benefit of the doubt with me. That benefit expired right around the time you set your sights on blaming me for being appalled at what your buddy did.

I say what I mean and I mean what I say. You should try it some time.

doh!

I don't think he meant it that way.

It is incredibly hard to tell tone and seriousness via the written word. I have tried hard the last few days to be clear and I take it that FF has seen that.

I think. lol

Again note... these PMs are not from me. They were not posted here by me, nor PMd by me, to any member that is a topic of these memes.

Your wording sounds clear here, you did not post these memes. And you did not distribute them through PM to anyone that you depicted in these memes. That's correct, right?

But you did PM them to people who were not depicted in these memes, right?

Or wrong, and you just made the memes and didn't show anyone on these boards?

Time for all of us to give it a rest Andy.

If you fellas want to continue with this, breaking down sytax, finding hidden meanings in words, searching for my passport photos and Visa account numbers, and blah blah blah... knock yourselves out.

Not even close to anything I said and it is written in plain English right above your post. I never even intimated anyone bullied me. :eyeroll: That isn't even spin. That is just flat out lying. This is the epitome of you as a poster on this board. Deflect, spin, use buzzwords.

This is about what your buddy Rupp has done and what you are trying to do to minimize it and spin it. Not once has he came within shouting distance of some type of remorse or an apology or any humility. That is more telling than anything else and the people paying attention see this. You keep trying to shift this to me. Brilliant strategy you came up with there. Fight facts with buzzwords and spin.

Let me clue you in to something. You and Rupp are showing your true character and lots of people are watching.

I doubt I will respond to Rupp anymore as it serves no purpose. I have no more use for him.

My opinion of you should be clear but lots of people vouch for you and that gave you the benefit of the doubt with me. That benefit expired right around the time you set your sights on blaming me for being appalled at what your buddy did.

"intellectual dishonesty"? You know this is that hyperbole you speak of often, right?

Why do lots of people vouch for me? Maybe because over the years they have seen the amount of effort put into helping people, trying to be friendly, and also following through on my word.

In no way have I attempted to minimize the images sent around the boards by people that found them. That is the opposite of my statements. It is the additional details being associated with the situation that are a concern.

"intellectual dishonesty"? You know this is that hyperbole you speak of often, right?

Why do lots of people vouch for me? Maybe because over the years they have seen the amount of effort put into helping people, trying to be friendly, and also following through on my word.

In no way have I attempted to minimize the images sent around the boards by people that found them. That is the opposite of my statements. It is the additional details being associated with the situation that are a concern.

You also never answered the question of what you think should be done about it.

I just can't figure out why there hasn't even been an attempt to apologize for the memes or to the fact that Sean saw them and was offended by them? (shrug)

Dislike of a person aside, those memes were very disturbing to say the least. Especially to Sean who is the subject of the memes (and Logan of the other ones). I understand that you just look at it as benign, "South Park" humor Bio, but Sean obviously was bothered by it. I think I have a pretty demented sense of humor and love ATHF, Robot Chicken, etc., but even that would have bothered me coupled with the words that were written. So it goes beyond your thoughts or opinion and rising to the level of seriously offending someone. A simple "I made a mistake in judgment and I apologize" could be a very good start.

Otherwise this is just going to fester and continue on. 2c

I just can't figure out why there hasn't even been an attempt to apologize for the memes or to the fact that Sean saw them and was offended by them? (shrug)

Dislike of a person aside, those memes were very disturbing to say the least. Especially to Sean who is the subject of the memes (and Logan of the other ones). I understand that you just look at it as benign, "South Park" humor Bio, but Sean obviously was bothered by it. I think I have a pretty demented sense of humor and love ATHF, Robot Chicken, etc., but even that would have bothered me coupled with the words that were written. So it goes beyond your thoughts or opinion and rising to the level of seriously offending someone. A simple "I made a mistake in judgment and I apologize" could be a very good start.

Otherwise this is just going to fester and continue on. 2c

PM me Harvey ;)

(tsk)

I don't need an apology! :D I'm just saying - everyone has been watching this for over a day at this point.

1) You obviously made the memes and kept them offsite

2) They weren't posted publicly on the Boards and I'm assuming weren't intended to be seen by Sean or Logan

3) Sean and Logan (and others) have seen them

4) Sean and Logan (and others) were offended by them

5) I think an apology would go along way.

It's all just my 2c of course.

(tsk)

I don't need an apology! :D I'm just saying - everyone has been watching this for over a day at this point.

1) You obviously made the memes and kept them offsite

2) They weren't posted publicly on the Boards and I'm assuming weren't intended to be seen by Sean or Logan

3) Sean and Logan (and others) have seen them

4) Sean and Logan (and others) were offended by them

5) I think an apology would go along way.

It's all just my 2c of course.

+1

Sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do

Again... nothing posted to this board. What I do outside of this board is my business.

Absolutely it is, but your character is not defined by just what you post on these boards either. If you want to claim people troll you here and then you feel comfortable uploading memes that bash boardies (open to public viewing) then be prepared to be questioned about the double standard.

I rarely get involved in these squabbles, but I have to agree with GACollectibles here. Also, what you do outside of the boards is your own business. But those memes are certainly the business of the person that was being threatened(or made fun of or whatever) in the memes.

If you fellas want to continue with this, breaking down sytax, finding hidden meanings in words, searching for my passport photos and Visa account numbers, and blah blah blah... knock yourselves out.

Howz about you just own it. YOU posted a link to a public viewing of images that included the following and then you want everyone to believe it's all a conspiracy & all you want is to make the board a better place?? incredible.

carte.jpg

watson.jpg

krak.jpg

slym.jpg

Again note... these PMs are not from me. They were not posted here by me, nor PMd by me, to any member that is a topic of these memes.

Your wording sounds clear here, you did not post these memes. And you did not distribute them through PM to anyone that you depicted in these memes. That's correct, right?

But you did PM them to people who were not depicted in these memes, right?

Or wrong, and you just made the memes and didn't show anyone on these boards?

Andy is one of the nicest, possibly least offensive people on the board, Michael. He's correct, you are not.

The fact that you made the memes is the issue, not whether one of your friends shared them, or whether someone else found them in a public photobucket account.

The issue is, they were plain black and white not only not funny,they were horrid.

The murder of Sean's avatar was bad enough...however,

we DO have Gay members here. We have all kinds of different members here and bashing someone's race, religion, sexual preference, national origin etc is plain wrong. Bashing anyone for those reasons is wrong.

Using sexual or racial slurs to attack someone you don't like is wrong.

I know exactly what it's like to be a minority. I rarely have ANY problem with any boarder about the fact that I'm female. We have a really nice group of people here.

I'm not in any cabal, I have not had any problems with you in the past (other than telling you I was not comfortable with some of your thread titles)...and I was very disturbed when I saw those memes.

Seriously, the fact that you have not realized you did something WAY over the line and wrong is very troubling. The fact that you might have thought those were funny is troubling.

I was hoping for a simple explanation and sincere apology...but all I see are attempts to put the blame on someone else.

If I have not been perfectly clear, I'll say it again.

You were wrong...and you owe Sean and anyone else offended an apology.