• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Seems like a pretty quiet few days in the marketplace, in terms of the volume of books being sold. Or maybe quieter on the boards in general. Just a brief lull, or are people tapped out after the big cons these last two weeks?

(Idle curiosity...) :whistle:

I'm still on holiday... :sorry:

:hi:

Seems like a pretty quiet few days in the marketplace, in terms of the volume of books being sold. Or maybe quieter on the boards in general. Just a brief lull, or are people tapped out after the big cons these last two weeks?

(Idle curiosity...) :whistle:

I'm still on holiday... :sorry:

That's another good reason that I forgot about . FT's 3/4 of the marketplace !! :whistle:.......BH

I've noticed this trend lately and it seems to be coming from the more recently joined members of the boards.

The trend is that the titles of FS threads have become rather....all-encompassing?? For example....

GA,SA,BA,CA,MA, Marvel & DC, HG to low grade with some other stuff

And then the sales thread is 3 pages long....

This just an example but it's not really too far off of what is going on lately.

All I'm trying to say is a little more refinement of the FS threads are needed.

It is really up to each seller to determine what they should title their sales thread and we have the ability to decide whether that title is something we want to click on to read or not.

I've noticed this trend lately and it seems to be coming from the more recently joined members of the boards.

The trend is that the titles of FS threads have become rather....all-encompassing?? For example....

GA,SA,BA,CA,MA, Marvel & DC, HG to low grade with some other stuff

And then the sales thread is 3 pages long....

This just an example but it's not really too far off of what is going on lately.

All they have to do is give a rough "table of contents" for the thread, as in what's coming...perhaps in chronological order. I prefer what they do to multiple threads, to be honest.

For example:

"This thread is in memory of Mutantkey's (insert his latest collecting focus that he just sold to start another one here) collection".

:baiting:

Edited by GACollectibles

I hate high shipping. Priority envelope $5.25 includes delivery confirmation. Why would that be marked up ? (shrug)

:gossip: It's only $4.60 on the internet . . . well, until next week that is. :grin:

GA,SA,BA,CA,MA, Marvel & DC, HG to low grade with some other stuff meh

And then the sales thread is 3 pages long.... (shrug)

I hate high shipping. Priority envelope $5.25 includes delivery confirmation. Why would that be marked up ? (shrug)

:gossip: It's only $4.60 on the internet . . . well, until next week that is. :grin:

$4.80 then! (thumbs u

$4.80 then! (thumbs u

I did not know this, thanks for some helpful info. When I go to the postoffice it is $5.25 , so this is helpful (thumbs u

Quoting GPA prices in relation to raw comics is an apples to oranges comparison. GPA doesn't claim to be reflective of the raw market nor do they try to be. It's essentially a slabbed price guide. If you want to benefit from GPA prices then slab the comic...not try to reflect slabbed prices in any raw you're selling...

Jim

Quoting GPA prices in relation to raw comics is an apples to oranges comparison. GPA doesn't claim to be reflective of the raw market nor do they try to be. It's essentially a slabbed price guide. If you want to benefit from GPA prices then slab the comic...not try to reflect slabbed prices in any raw you're selling...

100% agreed, as not only is GPA totally useless for raw books, it can cause confusion from buyers who may believe they're getting CGC books.

I see GPA and automatically think CGC.

100% agreed, as not only is GPA totally useless for raw books, it can cause confusion from buyers who may believe they're getting CGC books.

I see GPA and automatically think CGC.

You guys are being a little extreme (as usual). GPA is a record of CGC sales yes, but that is because CGC grading is trusted. If you buy raw books from a trusted seller/grader then GPA is a great indicator of what a book will fetch whether raw or slabbed. Look at Zilla4 auctions or check out prices of some of the hi end dealers etc. They will ALL reflect prices in the GPA range.

So even though GPA is technically a guide for CGC books it is more accurate than than the overstreet most of the time when dealing with hi grade books that are desireable.

Another great example is Podboy's recent Timely sales thread. He is getting multiples of guide for mid grade raw GA books. Go figure...they are at GPA prices.

Sorry but I think you guys are off base on this one.

GPA is just as important a guide if not more so than OSPG.

R.

BTW, you can't assume a book is CGC graded unless the seller says so...if you do that is not his fault.

R.