• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

All this has got way out of hand.

Just because people aren't posting doesn't mean that people aren't reading...

Exactly - it is losing situation to post anything that doesn't agree with the mob here. You'll just be put on the list for the next stalk, provoke and fry campaign. Others have already stated that if you don't agree with them, you're one sick puppy.

It kinda seems like you're painting Rupp as the victim here? Please, correct me if I'm wrong sir.

Logan... :gossip: "cool books"

O my lord, don't fan the flames, you're better than that!!

lol I was mostly kidding, and it's Logan's favorite topic, however,

It would be the least offensive reason for a defense of the indefensible.

Self interest, in this situation, is better than assuming it's a shared belief system.

I also wouldn't be shocked if some people who think this "isn't all that bad" may also be regular customers...Occam's Razor and all that.

Oy, so many decent Boardies getting caught up in this lameness. Can we just move this to a CG thread so it can get properly locked and everyone can move on?

+ 1

It's always the same few crybaby, boardies that desperately need attention, that keep this going. Someone needs to call the WAAAAHHHHHHHHMBULANCE for them. I'd call them little girls, but it would be an insult to little girls everywhere.

Oh no, someone made a crude and vulgar meme about me. How can I go on? Boo-Hoo. Let me complain whine about it day after day on an internet forum. Pity me.

:eyeroll:

You're the same guy who made unwarranted, disparaging remarks about my wife and mother...only to send me a lame PM apology explaining how you were trying to "fit in".

So you'll excuse me if I give the same amount of weight to your opinion as ComicDonna's dog does to people's posts.

Excuse me??? I don't even know who you are. You must have me confused with one of the many posters here you have a problem with. Please post this nonsense you speak of. I'm sure you'll have an excuse why you can't or won't. You seem to keep bringing up many imagined slights from years ago, on this board. Seek professional help. No reply needed, as I won't be reading or responding to any of your drivel. That's how I handle trolls. Moving right along with my life now. :)

You wouldn't like for this line of conversation to continue... trust me.

-slym

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care. In my heart I hope Rupp comes on here and makes this right and the other guys can accept an apology and move on.

Exactly - it is losing situation to post anything that doesn't agree with the mob here. You'll just be put on the list for the next stalk, provoke and fry campaign. Others have already stated that if you don't agree with them, you're one sick puppy.

It kinda seems like you're painting Rupp as the victim here? Please, correct me if I'm wrong sir.

Self interest, in this situation, is better than assuming it's a shared belief system.

I also wouldn't be shocked if some people who think this "isn't all that bad" may also be regular customers...Occam's Razor and all that.

Yup - if I believe differently than you, then I should be banned - correct? I think you've already got the stalking part covered...., :think:

Joey and Steve are playing Superheroes in the park one day, while Joey's dad sits on a bench reading the paper nearby.

Joey: I'm the Hulk!

Steve: I'm the Thing!

Joey: You're as UGLY as the Thing!

Steve: You're as UGLY as the Hulk's But!

Joey's dad seems oblivious as he continues to read the paper, even though the boys are making a lot of noise.

As they wrestle, things get heated and Steve is finally able to throw Joey to the ground. His pride wounded, Joey jumps up and shouts:

Joey: I HATE you! I wish you were DEAD!

Joey's Dad looks up from his paper as both boys silently look toward him.

Joey's Dad (to Joey): Tell him you're sorry. You didn't mean that.

Joey (to Steve): I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.

Joey's Dad (to Joey): DID you mean it?

Joey (sadly): No.

Joey's Dad (to both boys): We don't say and do things we don't mean. Right?

Both boys: Right.

Joey's Dad (to both boys): And when we make a mistake and DO say or do something we shouldn't, what do we do?

Both boys: Apologize.

Joey's Dad: And WHEN do we apologize?

Both boys: Right away.

Joey's Dad: Alright. Good men.

Steve (to Joey's Dad): But sir? I didn't do anything....

Joey's Dad: I know. It's just a good lesson to learn. Carry on.

The boys begin wrestling again.

Joey: You stink!

Steve: You stink like Hulk's But!

It's not a mob, it is many distinct adults all mutually offended and shocked at what they've seen here. Assuming it's a "Mob" is a cop out to not look real close at what you're dismissing.

If you don't think that what was posted about Sean especially is over the line, disgusting and offensive, I don't think you're a sick puppy but I do feel sorry for whatever horrors you've seen in your life that makes this a "ho hum, no big deal, nothing to get bothered about" situation.

I've been here a long damn time and this is about as offensive and nauseated as I've ever been on this board. That's not the "mob" speaking, just a mature adult, who never thought this type of behavior would invade this board.

Yup - if I believe differently than you, then I should be banned - correct? I think you've already got the stalking part covered...., :think:

That was said where?

Do you hear these voices in your head or do the words magically transform on your screen from what I wrote to what you want to see?

Excusing the inexcusable. I've just got to ask, WHY?

There are plenty of people here who have bought and sold from Rupp, and who like Rupp, who would feel better if he would just apologize for the memes.

They may not offend YOU.

But they're just not right.

There are plenty of people here who have bought and sold from Rupp, and who like Rupp, who would feel better if he would just apologize for the memes.

They may not offend YOU.

But they're just not right.

Bingo, on a basic level this stuff is just wrong. Most can empathize with the offended and wronged parties. That's a basic human attribute.

Joey and Steve are playing Superheroes in the park one day, while Joey's dad sits on a bench reading the paper nearby.

Joey's dad seems oblivious as he continues to read the paper, even though the boys are making a lot of noise.

As they wrestle, things get heated and Steve is finally able to throw Joey to the ground. His pride wounded, Joey jumps up and shouts:

Joey's Dad (to both boys): And when we make a mistake and DO say or do something we shouldn't, what do we do?

No offense, but the Thing's butt would be way worse than the Hulk's butt. :sumo:

No offense, but the Thing's butt would be way worse than the Hulk's butt. :sumo:

lol Maybe.... you know how long Hulk's been wearing those same Purple Pants?

I haven't seen any memes that have been offensive,to me(at least the ones I have seen) have all been meant to be joking.I must admit I haven't been following this at all,but heard that others had gotten into a Photobucket type of account of rupps.Retreaving these these unintended for board use memes.Is this true? Then how can you lay blame on Rupp? If he didn't intend them for board use,he probably made them for some fun banter,then decided that they were inappropriate.

:applause:

IMO the people going into Rupps photo bucket account looking for these types of images are looking to use these to their own ends. We all get that you do not like each other. Move on put each other on ignore.

I am not standing up for Rupp, but you people are condoning what and how these memes where obtained. Rupp might not have known his pb account was not set to private and you people went into them invading his privacy.

Now you are talking about having him banned for these boards, if he gets banned then so should the people that retrieved these memes and put them on this board should also receive the same treatment.

:roflmao:

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the very existence of Rupp's homophobic and violent memes, or the fact that anyone is defending them.

It's nice that some of you enjoy Rupp's little "clooneythons" or whatever the eff he calls his sales thread, but defending a nutter makes you a nutter.

Park is my friend; if the situation were reversed, and Park made these memes, I wouldn't even try to defend it. Rupp's homeys need to pull their collective heads out of the nut butter.

Again note... these PMs are not from me. They were not here by me, nor PMd by me, to any member that is a topic of these memes.
Two, very easy, yes or no questions:

Were the offending images created by you?

Did you PM the offending images to anyone?

This.

The question WAS answered, though evasively. What Rupp is saying is that he sent the PMs with the memes to select people, but didn't send the PMs with the memes to the people the memes were actually about.

Regardless whether or not they were posted publicly by Rupp, the Boards were used as a vehicle to distribute hate propaganda. And let's not mince words, it IS hate propaganda. Makes me nauseous. Grown effing man stooping to this level, in this day and age.

I have been away for a long time, and don't know the history between all of the parties, but this exceeds the limits of a simple flame war. I have seen (and been involved in) some bad ones but never seen anything like this. I DON'T CARE WHO IS AT FAULT. I don't care who started what blah blah blah those images were uncalled for...It makes me sad and sick to my stomach to think people you THINK you know on the Boards come out with this BS. Then instead of just being manADULT enough to admit fault, just continues with the coy responses and playing the victim card. meh

Regardless of who dug up what and found ON A PUBLIC PAGE these memes, the fact remains they were created by Rupp. Thought, effort, and intent was put into them...Stop deflecting. Doesn't matter how they were found, THEY WERE FOUND. IMO someone who received one of them, who you thought you could trust probably dropped dime to one of the people it was about. Ever thought about that?

This whole situation :facepalm:

Look I don't condone the meme that I just saw,but if someone were to go into my photobucket and post something that I have that the boards shouldn't be privy to.Would that be my fault? (shrug)
Why is anyone making these to begin with? And honestly, there should be 0 tolerance for any hatred. I don't care if it's posted here or on the wall behind you, we dont need it here. Attacking peoples family? Grow the eff up. I am sick and tired of hearing the bull that is being spewed around here, it is unacceptable to be portraying someones death (even through avatar), spewing hate about homosexuals, and targeting a man's family insinuating that his children are yours. Absolutely unacceptable guy should be banned or have his arse kicked in my opinion.

Roy, I am not concerned about Roy. I have abused him far worse through being passive aggressive.

I agree with you,but shouldn't the people that brought this to light for shear vindictive behavior be just as responsible? (shrug)

I'm not saying Rupp is beyond reproach,he deserves an whooping for it.Deep down though you know as well as I,someone did this to start this sheit storm too!

Rupp started this by making and uploading those pictures, and subsequently making those pictures public, even if by error. The idea that a perceived violation of Rupp's privacy is somehow just as horrible as him making homophobic and violent images of boardies is ridiculous, and in the next town over from the actual point.

Rupp started this by making and uploading those pictures, and subsequently making those pictures public, even if by error. The idea that a perceived violation of Rupp's privacy is somehow just as horrible as him making homophobic and violent images of boardies is ridiculous, and in the next town over from the actual point.

Thank you

Look I don't condone the meme that I just saw,but if someone were to go into my photobucket and post something that I have that the boards shouldn't be privy to.Would that be my fault? (shrug)
Why is anyone making these to begin with? And honestly, there should be 0 tolerance for any hatred. I don't care if it's posted here or on the wall behind you, we dont need it here. Attacking peoples family? Grow the eff up. I am sick and tired of hearing the bull that is being spewed around here, it is unacceptable to be portraying someones death (even through avatar), spewing hate about homosexuals, and targeting a man's family insinuating that his children are yours. Absolutely unacceptable guy should be banned or have his arse kicked in my opinion.

Roy, I am not concerned about Roy. I have abused him far worse through being passive aggressive.

I agree with you,but shouldn't the people that brought this to light for shear vindictive behavior be just as responsible? (shrug)

I'm not saying Rupp is beyond reproach,he deserves an whooping for it.Deep down though you know as well as I,someone did this to start this sheit storm too!

Yep.

When Philadelphia Wide Receiver Riley Cooper was caught on camera using the 'n' word, not realizing that he was on camera; not once did he resort to the defense of 'Invasion of Privacy' or 'That conversation wasn't meant for anyone to hear'... He apologized. He stood before the media and took his lumps. He knew he made a mistake and paid for it by facing the music.

It made him more human, and easier to accept as a mistake.

Denial doesn't.