• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a comic book but a cool robot, dont know where from

20 posts in this topic

Not to be a prude, but this doesnt belong here. The reason being, is what is next? If this is allowed to go up in the marketplace, then next we will have car radios? Used Cell phones? Used plastic dolls?

It doesnt matter that you or your "friend" is selling original art or not. Either its appropriate or not, and this case it is not appropriate.

Not to be a prude, but this doesnt belong here. The reason being, is what is next? If this is allowed to go up in the marketplace, then next we will have car radios? Used Cell phones? Used plastic dolls?

It doesnt matter that you or your "friend" is selling original art or not. Either its appropriate or not, and this case it is not appropriate.

I disagree. First off, "used plastic dolls"? Well I believe some "action figures" of interest to comic collectors would be appropriate? And how do you extrapolate car radios or cell phones from a 60's robot??? If cell phones or car radios appear here (unless it is a Tracy wrist phone or similar)? Do not get it.

A robot from the 60's? What? This has no relationship to comic books? The early 60's was a time when Marvel was still pre-FF, pre-Spidey, Pre-hulk etc. And all sci-fi since the code basically took out pure horror. And even the post-hero Marvel 60's (and well into the 60's) the titles STILL had pure sci-fi back stories, where things like a robot sequeued nicely. And beyond Marvel, I would hesitate to even ask for all of the 60's comic books from all publishers that dealt with robots. And what about rhe Schomburg air-brush and simllar robot covers that bring considerable dollars over their non-robot counterparts?

Now my opinion may go against many here (not the first time) but I will say, a 60's robot is pretty on track for this forum. At least some of us here appreciate the social implications a robot brings from even before the 60's. And those same implications are inherent in a lot of the sci-fi comics.

::yah yah:: typo and idea expansion edits

I disagree. First off, "used plastic dolls"? Well I believe some "action figures" of interest to comic collectors would be appropriate? And how do you extrapolate car radios or cell phones from a 60's robot??? If cell phones or car radios appear here (unless it is a Tracy wrist phone or similar)? Do not get it.

A robot from the 60's? What? This has no relationship to comic books? The early 60's was a time when Marvel was still pre-FF, pre-Spidey, Pre-hulk etc. And all sci-fi since the code basically took out pure horror. And even the post-hero Marvel 60's (and well into the 60's) the titles STILL had pure sci-fi back stories, where things like a robot sequeued nicely. And beyond Marvel, I would hesitate to even ask for all of the 60's comic books from all publishers that dealt with robots. And what about rhe Schomburg air-brush and simllar robot covers that bring considerable dollars over their non-robot counterparts?

Now my opinion may go against many here (not the first time) but I will say, a 60's robot is pretty on track for this forum. At least some of us here appreciate the social implications a robot brings from even before the 60's. And those same implications are inherent in a lot of the sci-fi comics.

::yah yah:: typo and idea expansion edits

screwy.gif

Pov, my mention of car radios nd cell phones was a play on what is allowed next if we start allowing non-comic book related materials here in the marketplace I understand what you are saying with the robots and robot covers. However, I still think that his post is nothing but spam. If he woulda mentioned it in his post about the X-Factor page, then its probably no big deal.

Its not really a big deal anyway. I just dont think it belongs here in the marketplace.

flowerred.gif

>> Not to be a prude, but this doesn't belong here.

Amen. This is a comics group -- let's keep it that way. The board loses its value if it's flooded with all sorts of irrelevant items. There are sites on the web for selling every conceivable thing, so if you've got robots to sell, advertise where the audience will be interested.

>> A robot from the 60's? What? This has no relationship to comic books?

Sure, there is a slight relationship, but not enough. If metal robots are ok, how about luchboxes with comic characters? How about beanie babies of comic characters? Trading cards? Hallmark greeting cards that feature comic characters? Wonder Woman underoos?

It's just too easy for the board to become completely useless because there's no one actually dealing with comics any more.

gozer

>> Not to be a prude, but this doesn't belong here.

Amen. This is a comics group -- let's keep it that way. The board loses its value if it's flooded with all sorts of irrelevant items. There are sites on the web for selling every conceivable thing, so if you've got robots to sell, advertise where the audience will be interested.

>> A robot from the 60's? What? This has no relationship to comic books?

Sure, there is a slight relationship, but not enough. If metal robots are ok, how about luchboxes with comic characters? How about beanie babies of comic characters? Trading cards? Hallmark greeting cards that feature comic characters? Wonder Woman underoos?

It's just too easy for the board to become completely useless because there's no one actually dealing with comics any more.

gozer

thumbsup2.gif

Great logic foreheadslap.gif

I opened the thread because I gathered from the title that it didnt have anything at all to do with comics. I was correct.

Dont try and legitimize an illegitimate thread by saying that I legitimized it when I opened it. Or something like that.

i though arex opened the thread to tell Wulfstan his offering wasn't appropriate...how else is he supposed to do that and generate discussion? start a new thread?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I opened the thread because I gathered from the title that it didnt have anything at all to do with comics. I was correct.

Dont try and legitimize an illegitimate thread by saying that I legitimized it when I opened it. Or something like that.

Whoah.... Deep... tongue.gif

Whoah.... Deep... tongue.gif

acclaim.gif

I dont exactly call what I did "get all over", but yes, i believe I did post on it. If people start making threads about stuff other than comics, then we have to start wading through pages of stuff not related to what the marketplace was meant for.

If you, the collective you not specifically you, dont stop this now, then it turns into a nightmare.

flowerred.gif

A question. Things like cards, dolls (aka "action figures" etc.) and toys etc. have been published on many threads in many areas. Are you suggesting none of these topics are relevant or is this just Marketplace you are talking about?

A question. Things like cards, dolls (aka "action figures" etc.) and toys etc. have been published on many threads in many areas. Are you suggesting none of these topics are relevant or is this just Marketplace you are talking about?

POV, i think it is a marketplace only thing. If you want to talk about robots and such andhow they relate to comics, then fine, start you a thread in Comics General. If you want to try to sell them, dont advert in the marketplace because it is not what it is for. imho