• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best drek storyline?

49 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2017 at 1:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

One time, there was this stunt that Quesada pulled once where he said that Peter Parker made a deal with Mephisto to save his dying Aunt at the sacrifice of his wife and potential (?) daughter.  Then all of a sudden Harry Osborn came back.  They said it was magic or something.  

That was pretty ridiculous. 

Stuff like this is why I am perfectly fine with not reading modern Marvels

Edited by Jerkfro

20 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Alien Legion was fun. Loved Cirocco's work.

I agree. It's a pity that he did so little comic book art.

2 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

i loved x-cutioners song.

Id also throw out XMens Fatal Attraction arc.

Watching Wolvie get his adamantium ripped out was wild.

Not sure if X-Men qualifies as drek, but, yeah, that panel blew my mind completely when I got to that page. Still does. One of the cooler moments in comics reading for me.

Not sure if it's officially drek but I love the Byrne Alpha Flight books.  Great art and the stories were pretty good.

I used to bind collections that I thought were good reads, but were never getting collected into TPBs/HCs. Most of the books were all $1 bin pulls, with the occasional issue that was pricey... I dont think I ever did find a cheap copy of Black Panther 22 for my set (DPool crossover). 

Alien Legion
Atari Force
HUman Target
Spiderman 2099
Six from Sirus
Starman
Gotham Central
Resurection Man
THe Question (O'Neil)
The 'Nam
X-FOrce/X-Statix
DC 1 Million
Captain Carrot & Zoo Crew
Black Panther (Priest)
JUstice League International
Quantum & Woody

I pulled all these from the $1 bin, or from full run/bulk purchases on eBay where the cost/issue ended up being less than $1/issue. 

11 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Not so much satirical deconstruction as out-and-out satirical destruction. I most remember the one-shots featuring analogues of Marvel characters and another of the JSA. 

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the Marshal Law stuff. 

8 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I used to bind collections that I thought were good reads, but were never getting collected into TPBs/HCs. Most of the books were all $1 bin pulls, with the occasional issue that was pricey... I dont think I ever did find a cheap copy of Black Panther 22 for my set (DPool crossover). 

Alien Legion
Atari Force
HUman Target
Spiderman 2099
Six from Sirus
Starman
Gotham Central
Resurection Man
THe Question (O'Neil)
The 'Nam
X-FOrce/X-Statix
DC 1 Million
Captain Carrot & Zoo Crew
Black Panther (Priest)
JUstice League International
Quantum & Woody

I pulled all these from the $1 bin, or from full run/bulk purchases on eBay where the cost/issue ended up being less than $1/issue. 

The 'Nam one of Marvel's best comic series ever!

ddaa2808cbc8e22b15e2bcf9837f98de.jpg

On 13/03/2017 at 10:12 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Not so much satirical deconstruction as out-and-out satirical destruction. I most remember the one-shots featuring analogues of Marvel characters and another of the JSA. 

14 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the Marshal Law stuff. 

I did too.  Completely ridiculous comic books. Then again, I would've posted the first two Ambush Bug mini-series as being more ridiculous and enjoyable drek, but the 'best story' aspect excluded them.