• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magazine sized grading???

5 posts in this topic

Hi all...

Just wonder'n if the rumors are true that CGC are going to be moving onto grading magazine sized comics and stuff of that nature. God, I hope so, I have a near complete of run high grade Famous Monsters Of Filmland and Eeries that I am dieing to get graded. Also, what do people on this board think of Magazine sized comics, alot of good reading and some great covers but... Do you all think they might have an investment potential at all.(I really don't care one way or the other cause i love this stuff so much and would hate to have to start paying super high premiums for the issues I am still in need of) I never can find anyone in my neck of the woods who might have even the slightest of opinions on this kind of stuff.

'best

Bronzejunkie

The cgc triad in Vancouver has an opinion. Check Ask Cgc threads. Believe they announced a re-start date for mag slabbing. Lots of gr8 Boris, Jeff Jones, Ken Kelly, Frazetta, Basil Golgos(sp?) cvrs u must have. B/c of the warehouse copies of early Creepy, Eerie in NYC, those early Warrens even in hi-grade won't ever be 10x guide. frown.gif

I'd love for this rumor to be true. I've spent years assembling a high grade run of 1930s Mickey Mouse Magazines. For these, you often find copies that are technically in the VF category, but brittle, browning, or with disintegrating spine. I'd send my collection off to CGC right away if they introduced this service.

Steve, any word on this?

Thanks, Hans

In the ask CGC section, they have confirmed that they will be grading magazines hopefully later this year. So, it is not a rumour. It will happen eventually! laugh.gif