• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bid or no bid, how high?

21 posts in this topic

Bid or no bid, how high?

I am keeping a close eye on an auction for Marvel Spotlight vol 1 nr 5 (first appearance Ghost Rider, but I cant decide on how high I'm willing to bid for it. What do you think is a reasonable amount for this raw copy (see image below). Keep in mind that I don't have to pay toll or exorbitant shipping costs since it's on a Swedish auction site. How much would you pay?

244523983_1cc960e9-4f66-4b95-a481-a4cd5b929bbb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Foley said:

I wouldn't bid much without seeing more photos.

It would also depend on the seller's feedback, return policy etc.

It's a solid seller with good feedback, I've won auctions from him before without a hassle. I've added a link here to the auction itself. It's all in swedish though, but at least there are more pictures. :)

http://www.tradera.com/item/112801/277225152/marvel-spotlight-vol-1-no-5-august-1972-issue-nm

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Looks like a nice book with no spine stress, black books are tough.

I would be all in at around 600.00 

That much? A bit out of my range at the moment, hoping to snag it on the cheap side around 200 - 250 tops. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Ssantoss said:

That much? A bit out of my range at the moment, hoping to snag it on the cheap side around 200 - 250 tops. Fingers crossed.

I hope you do, but the book does look pretty high grade. The fact that the book is in Sweden could probably hinder the final sale price. Good luck!

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

How could I be the seller? :makepoint:

By having the book, and selling it.  

6 hours ago, Ssantoss said:

What's your concern about it?  If you know your budget is well below what it costs, then bid what you feel like bidding.   At $200-250, that copy would last literally 7 seconds if it was posted for sale on the boards, less if it was in a watched sales thread.

12 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

What's your concern about it?  If you know your budget is well below what it costs, then bid what you feel like bidding.   At $200-250, that copy would last literally 7 seconds if it was posted for sale on the boards, less if it was in a watched sales thread.

agreed.

To the OP: if you only want to pay $250 tops for the book then that is your bid isn't it?

I dislike that the pictures of the front and back cover are from inside a comic bag. Why did the seller do that since it is clear he took it out of the bag to photograph the interior? The bag can hide defects. The pictures are also on the small side, who really knows what defects are there.

Other red flag: the seller calls the book NM in the auction but I can already tell from the lousy pictures that the book is not NM based on the top and bottom right corners.

My answer: bid the $250 and maybe you win it, but the book is not a NM.

Edited by Artboy99

It's quite clear that it's not a NM, but I'd still say that it is in quite good condition. Your comments have at least motivated me to scrounge up more funds and go a bit higher on my final bid. Will keep you updated coming Sunday what the final price lands on. :)

10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Feel like going to Ikea for some meatballs rite about now

Bah, Ikea meatballs. I'll send you some surströmming instead, that'll put hair on your chest. And in your throat. And intestines. 

It's basically a desire to pillage and plunder put into a can. With extra odour.

Look a lot better then the CGC 7.5 I just got back and that sold quickly for $400 on the boards.  I'd definitely pony up $300 - $350 hoping it comes back a 8.5/9.0.  Even if it has a couple hidden defects that bring it down to 7.5/8.0 you are still ahead or at worst breaking even by paying $350.

26 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:

Bah, Ikea meatballs. I'll send you some surströmming instead, that'll put hair on your chest. And in your throat. And intestines. 

It's basically a desire to pillage and plunder put into a can. With extra odour.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll pass :sick: