• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay thing

14 posts in this topic

Another Ebay thing

So I bought a stack of slabs (five) one Sunday morning (6AMish), and received them three days ago. The thing is that the seller mixed up one of the slabs I bought and sent me something which I didn't buy. I have contacted the seller to let them know (three days ago) and have not heard back from them. The slab which was sent by mistake is from the same run and I would actually like to keep it, and have offered to buy it above the slab which is missing. 

What would you as a seller do in this situation? What should I do above what I have already done to make this right?

I should point out that there is no real difference in the value of the books except maybe 15$ (the one I have now is worth 15$ more than the one I won at auction). I remember bidding on this book, but lost evidently. So it is sold to someone else and I am assuming that someone got my book by mistake. 

Thanks.

OH AND... I just had to add that it was the worst packing job I ever seen in my life I have no idea how these slabs survived. Someone was saying something about a cereal box in another thread, well these had had one thin layer of bubble rap with brown paper wrapped around it and that is it.:facepalm:

As far as I'm concerned you have done all that is to be expected of you.  The onus is 100 percent on the seller to resolve.  This exact scenario happened to me years ago as a seller on ebay and through the good graces of my buyers the books were in the correct hands within 10 days of the auctions end.  It ain't rocket science but it does require effort to resolve.  

I don't want to be a about it, but I had someone for the book that is missing and the shipping time was abnormally long in the first place, so I am peeved about the fact that I may loose a buyer over this, not to mention that my $ is tied up for another few weeks while this is all being resolved (part of the game I know) . Secondly, and probably worse, is that I now have this book resting on my coffee table that I keep having to look at and it's growing on me! 

Grrrrrr!

So I was given two choices: keep the slab that was sent by mistake or send it back and be refunded. Getting my original purchase is not an option since the seller offered it to the buyer who's book I have to appease them. 

Thinking....

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

So I was given two choices: keep the slab that was sent by mistake or send it back and be refunded. Getting my original purchase is not an option since the seller offered it to the buyer who's book I have to appease them. 

Thinking....

Didn't you mention you'd rather have that book anyway...the one he accidentally sent you....if so then its a win-win...no?

1 hour ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Didn't you mention you'd rather have that book anyway...the one he accidentally sent you....if so then its a win-win...no?

Yeah, but the issue is that someone is expecting the book I didn't get. Otherwise I would be ecstatic!

So this is turning into a nightmare. It takes 72 hours to get a response from this seller and the seller finally gets back to me, but mixed me up with the other person and told me he was sorry and that he refunded the price of the book and shipping. What really happened is that the seller refunded me the price of all the books I bought plus shipping. So now I have the books and the money? I sent another message to clear this up. 

3 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

So this is turning into a nightmare. It takes 72 hours to get a response from this seller and the seller finally gets back to me, but mixed me up with the other person and told me he was sorry and that he refunded the price of the book and shipping. What really happened is that the seller refunded me the price of all the books I bought plus shipping. So now I have the books and the money? I sent another message to clear this up. 

Score!   Actually,  now I would wait for him to contact you, and let him guide the action.   You now have nothing to lose. 

On 3/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, Patriot6 said:

OH AND... I just had to add that it was the worst packing job I ever seen in my life I have no idea how these slabs survived. Someone was saying something about a cereal box in another thread, well these had had one thin layer of bubble rap with brown paper wrapped around it and that is it.:facepalm:

hm I got a book wrapped in newspaper last week