• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ink stains

10 posts in this topic

I asked this question of CGC a while ago and it depends on how much ink there is, where it is, how much it detracts from the artwork, whether it warps the paper and if so, how much, etc.

I asked this question of CGC a while ago and it depends on how much ink there is, where it is, how much it detracts from the artwork, whether it warps the paper and if so, how much, etc.

Right you are, Scott. thumbsup2.gif

They aren't factored into CGC grade unless it's 9.6 or higher. I personally try to avoid books with excessive overspray.

are you saying that the highest grade cgc will give a book with distributor ink is a 9.4?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . then it probably is a duck 27_laughing.gif

Distributor ink is distinctive and is generally overlooked. But an unsightly ink stain is just that, an unsightly stain. sumo.gif