• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine cannon vs. alt timeline?

6 posts in this topic

So, I'm trying to put together a collection of key Wolverine books and i'm not really sure whats canon and whats not. So knowing how convoluted Marvel's timelines can be, i'm finding it difficult to decide which books are important and which are not. for example, Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X #72 is listed as his (Origin) and also has no mention of "Bone claws" whereas Wolverine the Origin depicts his "real" origin being James Howlett, plus bone claws, plus origin of sabertooth etc. This is later confirmed in Wolverine #4 (Vol. 4) that Thomas Logan is his father, which means the Origin series (1-6) are canon? In which case, MCP Weapon X isn't? I'm so confused!

So, Bone claws, no bone claws, whats real, what isn't?!? bah! 

1 hour ago, Gunnz said:

So, I'm trying to put together a collection of key Wolverine books and i'm not really sure whats canon and whats not. So knowing how convoluted Marvel's timelines can be, i'm finding it difficult to decide which books are important and which are not. for example, Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X #72 is listed as his (Origin) and also has no mention of "Bone claws" whereas Wolverine the Origin depicts his "real" origin being James Howlett, plus bone claws, plus origin of sabertooth etc. This is later confirmed in Wolverine #4 (Vol. 4) that Thomas Logan is his father, which means the Origin series (1-6) are canon? In which case, MCP Weapon X isn't? I'm so confused!

From  reading about the stableness of Wolverine's mind, WOLVERINE may be wondering the same question lol 

10 hours ago, Gunnz said:

I think pushing a ice pick into your ear might be less painful than what you're trying to attempt. I can't imagine doing this with any major Marvel character given the endless reboots and reimaginings, the movie universe changes, and the complete abandonment of traditional continuity. 

17 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I think pushing a ice pick into your ear might be less painful than what you're trying to attempt. I can't imagine doing this with any major Marvel character given the endless reboots and reimaginings, the movie universe changes, and the complete abandonment of traditional continuity. 

I know. It kind of defeats the purpose of collecting if there is not a fluid coherent timeline or story. then it's just pretty pictures which i guess is what comics are now anyway. 

I've been a lot happier reader since I started the "build your own canon" philosophy.  If I read it and enjoyed it, then it fit in my own version of what's canon.  If it conflicts with something else, oh well...

As as for a collector, wouldn't they both be important, as at one time they were each the definitive version?