• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saturday Evening Post question

34 posts in this topic

Saturday Evening Post question

Hello everyone. Thought I would ask this here since golden age folks would most likely be interested. I'm thinking about starting a sales thread for 1930's and 1940's Saturday Evening Post magazines. All of these copies are from an original owner who distributed them as a young man. These magazines have cover art by some of the most well known artists of the time such as Rockwell and Leyendecker. The magazines are extremely scarce in this condition especially without mailing labels which are commonly seen glued to the cover. Would anyone be interested in a sales thread like this or if not, simply seeing some of these posted here? Thanks for your input.

Ken

17 minutes ago, Foley said:

They're gorgeous. I, for one, would love to see more.

+1

Doesn't make much sense to me why vintage magazines such as these with the beautifully rendered covers by named artists would be going for pretty much "loose change", as compared to the vintage collectible comic books.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

They look pretty cool, Ken...... did NC Wyeth do some covers as well ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

None of the issues I have were done by Wyeth. The time period might be too late.

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

What kind of pricing?

I have the nice ones like these between $40-$175 each depending on condition and cover art. The only one shown so far not for sale is the July 1934 issue. I have around 40 really nice issues and quite a few others that are pretty nice at a lower cost. Thanks.

Ken

10 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I think you should run the thread, Ken.  These are very cool and I recall you having several Leyendecker covers that are pretty sweet!

Ok, cool. I've had a couple people interested so I'll start the thread. Thanks.

Ken

Great stuff.  I've seen a lot of Rockwell SEP covers because they've been reprinted and shown so often.  Haven't seen the ones by these other artists and they're pretty impressive.  I hope the sales thread works out.