• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Connect Marketplace

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone shed any light on the workings, or maybe the logic of this site ?

I won a few books in the auction, so to make the cost of shipping more worthwhile, I made some offers on the fixed price listings, only to have about 60 per cent of them declined. I just don't understand it - what is the point of having the Make Offer function then ? If it's a case of books below a certain price or whatever, then it's a simple matter of software adjustment so that books they want to remain at a fixed price can be.

I just feel like I've wasted a lot of time over this, in fact, their time as well as mine - does anyone else have any success with this system ?

Edited by quicksilver

I made an offer and had it accepted about 2 years ago. It was countered to probably within 5-10% off of the listing price.

I think ComicConnect automatically declines offers under 75% of the asking price.

Oh.....now I think I get it....FN-2199 is right, there is a minimum %age of the asking price required otherwise it's an automatic decline...For example..I think CL's is 50% of the asking price or it's declined, don't recall CC's minimum.

2 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I won a few books in the auction, so to make the cost of shipping more worthwhile, I made some offers on the fixed price listings, only to have about 60 per cent of them declined. I just don't understand it - what is the point of having the Make Offer function then ?

Is this the big Event Auction that they just finished having since I assumed most books would have gone for enough dollars that you needn't worry about trying to combine orders to reduce shipping charges?

It's a good thing that you are not dealing with Fishler directly.  I still remember back in the days of Metro, whenever you asked him for a discount, he would always counter with 110% or 120% of the original price.  lol

20 hours ago, quicksilver said:

These are offers of 75/ 80 % and they're being declined.

Most likely has something to do with the quality of the books you are placing discounted offers on.  :gossip:

If it's common drek that every other dealer and collector are trying to get rid of, I am sure you would have absolutely no problems.  If it's vintage quality collectible comic books, you are probably dreaming and should get back into the real world.  lol

On 3/26/2017 at 0:36 PM, quicksilver said:

Can anyone shed any light on the workings, or maybe the logic of this site ?

I won a few books in the auction, so to make the cost of shipping more worthwhile, I made some offers on the fixed price listings, only to have about 60 per cent of them declined. I just don't understand it - what is the point of having the Make Offer function then ? If it's a case of books below a certain price or whatever, then it's a simple matter of software adjustment so that books they want to remain at a fixed price can be.

I just feel like I've wasted a lot of time over this, in fact, their time as well as mine - does anyone else have any success with this system ?

My experience has been that it's tough to get more than a 5% discount out of them.  If it's just a book or two, they'll sometimes throw in free shipping.

But there aren't any large bodies of water between me and them, unless you count the Hudson. :)

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Most likely has something to do with the quality of the books you are placing discounted offers on.  :gossip:

If it's common drek that every other dealer and collector are trying to get rid of, I am sure you would have absolutely no problems.  If it's vintage quality collectible comic books, you are probably dreaming and should get back into the real world.  lol

They've not drek (as if), but they're only average shape early to mid 60's DC' s.